Twitter: Dez: I'll always love the Cowboys

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dez was the greatest contested catch WR I've ever seen. Bar none. It was unreal the way he could go up and get the ball with a defender draped all over him.

But there hasn't been a single moment this season that I've missed him. It was the best thing we did in the offseason.

2018 Cowboys Red zone offense? Enough said

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how much cap space they have. It's exactly the reason he got cut
His production wasn't matching the contract

I agree he was paid more than he was producing, although we likely disagree as to some of the reasons why.

I disagree with you on the reason he was cut.

Hardline

Reaction score
I agree he was paid more than he was producing, although we likely disagree as to some of the reasons why.

I disagree with you on the reason he was cut.
I don't know why you would disagree. It's the very reason he was cut.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
2018 Cowboys Red zone offense? Enough said
Dallas made a mistake. When they gave up a 1st to acquire Amari Cooper, that was an admission on their part. To this date, Dez scored more TDs in 2017, than all the recievers combined on this team, not named Amari Cooper.

I personally believe they allowed Linehan the latitude to redesign the offense as he seen fit, and Dez wasn't part of his equation, and it backfired. Therefore, this and among other reasons, I expect this to be Linehan's last season, outside of putting together a magical run throughout the playoffs, assuming we even make it in.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
Waking up. Stretching. Yawning. A Dez thread. What have I missed here?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's the very reason he was cut.
Wrong. It wasn't ONE reason. Not the very reason.

His production fell off.
His salary didn't match the production.
Jones stated that Bryant's behavior can be problematic.
Jones stated Bryant was a distraction to himself and to other players in regard to his emotions.
Ranked high in drops.
Gave up on plays.
The Seattle game!

Pants

Reaction score
I’ll always love Dez and I happy to NOT see him as our opponent in a saint uni in round 2 or 3

I will always root for Dez when he is not playing against Dallas

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Looney has filled in adequately, the drop off hasn't been that large. With the exception of Williams flat out getting steamrolled , it is hard to tell if the protection have dropped off or if Dak holds the ball too long, and or don't know when to step up move around in the pocket.
Looney might be blocking his man well, but he doesn't point out where more protection is necessary, from what I've seen.