Twitter: Dez: I'll always love the Cowboys

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Just pointing out that the two names Dez brought up had plagued seasons. Not that they done anything evil, but if they suggested that the team can do without Dez, the karma comes in play in the fact that so are they.
Also the pressure up the middle was almost exclusively from Williams getting overpowered.

True enough about Williams, although when Su-a' Filo replaced Williams, he was good but pressure still came up the middle. Somebody, either him or Looney had some trouble with pass protection -- and I think it was Looney. Not saying Looney is awful but he's no Frederick for sure.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do people keep saying Dez was robbed or shafted in Green Bay? A quick read of the 2014 catch rules explains exactly what happened.

Loved Dez' passion for this team by the way.
I think that play is so often debated because it basically comes down to what your opinion of a "football move" is. Going by the strictest definition of the rules, it wasn't a catch. But I think anyone looking without bias (eschewing the rule book "definition") would say he caught it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you believe in karma both Lee and Frederick has missed a year and for the most part haven't been missed. Vander Esh and Looney in all reality has proven the both of them easily replaceable. Interesting.
You don't think Fredbeard has been missed? His absence is the #1 reason the offense has been so bad, IMO. He called out the protection and read the defense. Smartest man on the team.

Reactions: G2

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think that play is so often debated because it basically comes down to what your opinion of a "football move" is. Going by the strictest definition of the rules, it wasn't a catch. But I think anyone looking without bias (eschewing the rule book "definition") would say he caught it.

I can totally see how people can say it looks like a catch but if it's not a catch by the rules then it's not robbery. The thing about it is Green Bay was not the first time Dez was snakebit by that rule but it was just a much bigger stage being the playoffs.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
You don't think Fredbeard has been missed? His absence is the #1 reason the offense has been so bad, IMO. He called out the protection and read the defense. Smartest man on the team.
I think Looney has filled in adequately, the drop off hasn't been that large. With the exception of Williams flat out getting steamrolled , it is hard to tell if the protection have dropped off or if Dak holds the ball too long, and or don't know when to step up move around in the pocket.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Go love the Saints, Dez. You have a better chance of getting employed next season by them. Romo made you. Maybe Brees can re-make you.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Say what you want, playing here was a dream for him. Like Michael Irvin, he will probably bleed blue and silver the rest of his life.

Good lord, would this nutty buddy stop talking about Dallas and move on?

Love = throwing teammates under the bus and having tantrums.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can totally see how people can say it looks like a catch but if it's not a catch by the rules then it's not robbery. The thing about it is Green Bay was not the first time Dez was snakebit by that rule but it was just a much bigger stage being the playoffs.
Or, instead of gambling a 50/50 get the 1st down in a 4th and short situation?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Say what you want, playing here was a dream for him. Like Michael Irvin, he will probably bleed blue and silver the rest of his life.

Despicable: "I will always love the Cowboys ... except ..."

You can't rebuild that bridge, Despicable, you burned it.