Twitter: Dez may get a chance after all

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved the guy when be was drafted but he's now way over the hill. If the FO wants a new TE, I'd rather spend a third on Moss from LSU.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Rather keep both
Cobb is a slot guy but he really can be an asset in teaching new system
Dez can’t be what Cooper is
If I brought in dez he would be more of a 4th WR and in the red zone guy[/QUOTE

+1

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That's what a tryout is for. You don't know that he can't run routes. It has voiced by multiple players that garrot pigeonholed guys. He ran the play that was called.

guy wasnt able to learn route running thru his whole college and NFL carreer. You really believe he suddenly learned it in his year off ?

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
guy wasnt able to learn route running thru his whole college and NFL carreer. You really believe he suddenly learned it in his year off ?
”guy wasnt able to learn route running thru his whole college and NFL carreer.”

Umm, are you serious? His route running was the weakest part of his game, but the guy still knew how to run routes. Just wasn’t good enough to consistently get open against NFL defensive backs.

His game was always about overpowering people with his pure athleticism. That was always his game. Stop with the hyperbole, it makes you sound unintelligent.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree. I think he'd take vet minimum with some incentives.

Nothing like the $5 million, 'thanks for the memories' contract Witten was gifted last year.

Or the $10 million Crawford hit the cap for to give nothing.
Since we really don't know what he can do..

make it give him a deal that allows a basic competitive contract with incentives he can attain.

We want him to make as much as possible in line with production.

I think he will be ideal in slot, WR2, split TE, motion and even trick plays like bubble screens and jet sweeps as a downfield pass option for the jet sweep.

The trick is to move him all over the field and force the defense to be preoccupied with where he is.

This opens up all the other receivers as you have to go single coverage to cover us.

Zeke and Pollard? No stacked boxes or you get killed by us throwing on you.

If Dak is worth any of this new contract he is looking for..a passing offense such as this should make him an MVP.

Hope this pans out.

Dez getting injured again is my biggest concern.

We will see.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Dez on a low-priced, incentive based deal would not be a bad move, IMO.
Not as a WR3 or WR4 & redzone guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we sign Tom Brady and Dez then this team seriously owes me a paycheck.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
What a waste of snaps taken away from Gallup, Jarwin, Cooper..........this would be the dumbest move of the off season.

I presume Dez wouldn't take snaps from those players. I think it would be Cobb or whoever is behind them (Cedrick Wilson?)