Dez not cleared for practice, I'm concerned

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
10 years 15000 yards rushing.

A career average of 1500 yards?

He wasn't overrated. One of the top 5 RBs in NFL history.
Saying that he was overrated isn't the same thing as saying he wasn't great.

jnday

Reaction score
10 years 15000 yards rushing.

A career average of 1500 yards?

He wasn't overrated. One of the top 5 RBs in NFL history.

He was probably the best pure runner ever. He was not the best complete RB though due to his lack of pass recieveing and blocking.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We're not going to know where Dez is until the regular season starts and he shows he can go out and do the things he did prior to the injury. He was rushed back last season against Seattle because the team was riding a 4 game losing streak and the season was starting to slip away. It was reported just a week before he returned he was still having some soreness in the foot and if you read my posts I thought he was being rushed back and would struggle the rest of the season. Naturally some here took exception to my comments and not one person who argued with me ended up being right. Dez was getting frustrated not being able to separate from even average corners. Garrett admitted this isn't the same Dez Bryant we're use to seeing because he wasn't heathy and shouldn't have been playing. Julio Jones had the same injury but wasn't rushed back to play on it. He was kept out the rest of the season and when he returned the following season he was healthy and had a great year.

Dez not being able healthy caused him to lose his focus which resulted in some drops. His performance last season has put him behind some of the top receivers in the league like OBJ who's overtaken Dez in the eyes of many. Dez is going to have to come back focused and reestablish himself. Any type of foot surgery on a receiver is something to be concerned about and Dez is going to have to go out and prove in 2016 he's still the same great player prior to that injury. Had he not played on the injury for 8 games it wouldn't be as concerning but the fact he did play on it for half the season and his production got worse as the season went on is what makes it even more concerning. He certainly wasn't getting any better as the season progressed he only had 10 catches for 147 yards the last 4 games he played. I know our QB situation played a part but he never looked right.

If he still doesn't look right once the season starts and we're seeing the same issues it's going to be very concerning to everyone including the team. He's always had some issues gaining separation from defenders he's not very fluid and if he's lost some speed and can't get off out his breaks the way he use to he's going to struggle. It's not only the physical part of the game that's a concern it's the mental part of the game that Dez has to improve on. He can't continue to allow defenders to get inside his head. He's going to have to deal with Josh Norman jawing at him twice a year so he's got to get his mind right and improve his ability to focus and not have defenders get him so wound up it takes him out of his game.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
thats what concerns me is will dez and all the injured players comebackand be able to play at a high level this year if they don't then its going to be another down year and I don think garrett can stand many more of those.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Zero concern here. Seemingly no one wants to play more than Dez, so I am sure he will be patient with rehab and then go all out.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
what concerns me is will dez and all the injured players comebackand be able to play at a high level this year if they don't then its going to be another down year

Really?????

If all our best players don't play good we are gonna have a down year?????

captain-kirk.jpg

Somebody alert the press!

willia451

Reaction score
We have Zeke now. Dez can show or no show. Either way.

Probably why his greeting to the new world order was less than stellar.

Wouldn't be surprised if he tried to pull a Tonya Harding.

Dez might want to get his behind on the field ASAP and start producing.

Especially after the lousy showing of 2015.

knightrider94

Reaction score
We have Zeke now. Dez can show or no show. Either way.

Probably why his greeting to the new world order was less than stellar.

Wouldn't be surprised if he tried to pull a Tonya Harding.

Dez might want to get his behind on the field ASAP and start producing.

Especially after the lousy showing of 2015.
LOL! Yes, because showing up at rookie mini camp to meet all the rookies this past weekend is SUCH an indication of that! LOL!

And, if the box is stacked because there is no effective receiving threat, and I don't think we drafted one, the offense will be less than effective, regardless of the addition of Zeke.

Last edited:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Let's cherish the moment because this will likely be the last time we'll ever agree on anything or have a pleasant exchange. The next time you hear from me won't be such a joyous occasion because I will be providing you with a link to a thread along with a quote you made predicting Hardy will show up at Cowboys training camp. You will also be presented with a big plate of crow. lol :thumbup:

Now kiss.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The mention of eating crow appears to have hit home. Maybe he could set another plate for you he'll have plenty to go around this summer. lol

I'm just blushing at the thought of two people...all the bridges in the world and he had to crawl under yours.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm just blushing at the thought of two people...all the bridges in the world and he had to crawl under yours.

That red face you have isn't from blushing it's from anger at the thought I have him and others crawling under my bridge and steering clear of yours. Now go troll somewhere else. :thumbup:

dallasdave

Reaction score
I've had that stance for a while now for a few reasons.

1) He's an idiot. Like perennial All Pro level idiot. I do not trust him in times of adversity.

2) The injuries. He plays a very physical style and it just doesn't bode well for the future.

3) His skill set. Dez Bryant doesn't separate. He's not much of a route runner and if you scan back to #1 on this list you'll understand why he hasn't addressed this over the years. He relies completely on his athletic ability to accumulate contested catches. IMO, he's peerless in this regard. Chuck it up and he'll go get it. The problem is he won't always be able to rely on this. As his skills decline the technical aspect of the game will become more critical. I don't envision Bryant ever being a productive secondary option towards the end of his career. Nor do I think he'd be content in that role. When he loses his ability to just out athlete you in the air he'll lose his usefulness for an NFL team.

I realize I'm praising Hatfield in McCoyville here but that's my opinion on it.

Now somebody ask me if we should get rid of Jason Witten. I live on the edge.

:lmao:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I have zero concern about this. When it's time for camp and to play Dez will be there and ready to go.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The mention of eating crow appears to have hit home. Maybe he could set another plate for you he'll have plenty to go around this summer. lol

Hey man, how much crow you serving up? I'm not keen on the idea of sharing. :p

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hey man, how much crow you serving up? I'm not keen on the idea of sharing. :p

They'll be a lot of crow to go around when Hardy signs with another team or is sitting out the season. It's going to take a catering service to provide all the crow I'll be serving up to the many who argued with me that he would be back with the team. lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They'll be a lot of crow to go around when Hardy signs with another team or is sitting out the season. It's going to take a catering service to provide all the crow I'll be serving up to the many who argued with me that he would be back with the team. lol

Hmmm... And all this time I thought I was the only one suffering your wrath. Good to know. :)

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Well hell, If Julio Jones had the same injury, that means anyone with that injury will do just fine. I'm sure Dez would be happy to hear that, too bad your sunny optimism just isn't true in all cases. Look at Hakeem Nicks... he's never been the same player since. Dez should be able to practice. The fact that he can't be cleared for practice 4 full months after surgery means he's going in the way of Hakeem Nicks, not Julio Jones. You should be concerned.

Jones had his surgery in October 2013 and was still not cleared until July 2014 for practice--9 months later, even then he was limited in camp. so your assertion about him not "going the way of Jones" is incorrect.