Dez not cleared for practice, I'm concerned

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Maybe it been mentioned but, what was the procedure in the second surgery? Why was it needed?

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Lol why would he need to be cleared for practice since you know ummmmmmm they arnt practicing yet

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Surgery in Jan but not yet cleared for practice. I know it's still fairly early but raises a little red flag for me already given what happened last year. Hope they don't keep have to hold him out for camp then rush him into action when season begins.
Dez is someone who needs reps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ez-bryant-will-practice-before-training-camp/

Based on what I have heard and read he is on schedule. No need to rush anything and see no red flags pertaining to his recovery as of yet.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dez does not get the ball enough, it's such a shame to see his talent being wasted...We need to get him the ball as much as possible..Lob him the ball once every quarter and he will come down mossing people 3 out of 4 times. I've never seen a receiver with such talent being underutilized the way he is.

They don't motion him enough or run him on drag routes enough. Forget the lobs..

kazzd58

Reaction score
Well hell, If Julio Jones had the same injury, that means anyone with that injury will do just fine. I'm sure Dez would be happy to hear that, too bad your sunny optimism just isn't true in all cases. Look at Hakeem Nicks... he's never been the same player since. Dez should be able to practice. The fact that he can't be cleared for practice 4 full months after surgery means he's going in the way of Hakeem Nicks, not Julio Jones. You should be concerned.

Hakeem Nicks never ever Ever Had the abilities that Dez currently does i consider den and juilo Freaks of nature some what cause of there genes u may not understand where I'm coming form but i know what i mean by that

Nicks never had den's athletic ability

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You are more than encouraged to post your own thoughts and opinions. The key is for you to stop acting like a little ***** when those opinions are challenged. If you post "Happy Mothers Day" and someone responds with "Mothers Day is so overrated", then you deal with someone else's opinion and move on and not cry about it.

I understand my opinion is often in the minority but it's only b/c I don't often feel compelled to post in threads that I am in agreement with. It's like being one voice in a crowd or one fish in the sea. I don't post to be different but if I do have a different opinion, I post it. The majority opinion people feel empowered by their numbers so they attack and I will defend my opinion. For me it's not about knocking other opinions, rather it's about defending my own.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As great as Barry was, he has been overrated as the years have gone on.

Don't know how Barry Sanders could be overrated he put up all those yards on some average teams that didn't have a QB. His 2 most productive seasons over 1800 yards and over 2000 yards came on 9-7 teams. He put up over 1500 yards on a 5-11 team. There wasn't an RB in history that could make something out of nothing as often as Barry Sanders.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have heard of teams not clearing players for practice, just because they don't want them to practice. Dez goes hard. The team may be protecting him from himself.

Then they should say that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hakeem Nicks never ever Ever Had the abilities that Dez currently does i consider den and juilo Freaks of nature some what cause of there genes u may not understand where I'm coming form but i know what i mean by that

Nicks may not have been Dez but he reminded me a little of him until he got hurt. Julio is bigger, faster and more fluid than Dez which enables him to separate from defenders.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nicks was fine after his surgery. He went for 10+ catches 140+ yards against Aqib Talib in 2012. It was when he was falling to the ground and someone stepped on the back of his foot/leg. I believe he had a PCL injury or some knee injury and tried to play through it. Nicks also had compartment syndrome in 2010 that required immediate surgery. He had a lot of lower leg injuries. Dez injury is nothing like Nicks.

After Hakeem had his foot surgery he was more susceptible to other injury because he was compensating for a lack of foot strength. The same thing happened to Dez when he tried to comeback last season. This sort of thing carries over from year to year as it did with Hakeem.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe it been mentioned but, what was the procedure in the second surgery? Why was it needed?

He also had ankle surgery to remove bone chips. He hurt his ankle on that long jump ball he caught in the endzone from Cassel.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You have made the mistake of putting Dez and Julio on a pedestal as if they are superhuman. It's a figment of your imagination that other mortal WRs can't compete with. In reality, Hakeem was once, for a short period of time every bit the athlete.

kazzd58

Reaction score
After Hakeem had his foot surgery he was more susceptible to other injury because he was compensating for a lack of foot strength. The same thing happened to Dez when he tried to comeback last season. This sort of thing carries over from year to year as it did with Hakeem.

we'll see