News: Dez possibly tore his Achilles

rynochop

Reaction score
Hopefully he's invested well and not spent on **** like monkeys and gold chains, cause I'm not sure what skills he has for post football life

glimmerman

Reaction score
So Dez signed an almost minimum contract with a potential for another $500k? I was wondering what his contract numbers were.

I would have liked to have seen what he had left in the tank. I presume it wasn't much, but it would have been good for conversation.
Those numbers are very odd considering the money he turned down from the ravens and browns. Minimum but guessing because he had a shot for a ring. Lol. I personally think the saints will crash and burn in the playoffs.

Cmac

Reaction score
Thank you Saints for giving X a chance. The tire marks on his back were from his drops, but from having to endure Cassel, Weeden, JG, a QB in need of examining his own game, and a dysfunctional franchise and offensive scheme that everybody can clearly see looks for Fall Guys, too.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This Dez news make me wonder if he was actually keeping himself conditioned. You can't just turn it on at will....
Trying to go full throttle after a long layoff might have contributed.

Straight from Mayo Clinic. "Ruptures often are caused by a sudden increase in the stress on your Achilles tendon. Common examples include:
  • Increasing the intensity of sports participation, especially sports."
  • Increase training intensity slowly.
Achilles tendon injuries commonly occur after an abrupt increase in training intensity.

Things we know:

1. He spent an abundance of time on Twitter pleaseing his case vs the Cowboys to the general public.

Things we don't know:

1. How often he was actually doing football conditioning to keep himself in tip top shape. Once a week won't do it.

Another idiotic post.

Thanks Bleu.

What of the dozens of well-conditioned athletes across sports that tear their Achilles every year?

Beyond that there's no amount of conditioning that can be done to replicate playing football.

Meh, nevermind common sense...I know...

"Heeeeehaw....heeeeehaw...Dez iZ iNjuuurd!"

zerofill

Reaction score
LOL still doesn't mean Saints can't score 42+ on us especially if our offense can't do our defense any favors will field position.

No, but if Dez did well... it is different with him on the field then without him, as far as it actually meaning something in a negative light towards this staff, FO, and QB. That was the reasoning behind it. Any blast to the egos of those idiots would have been a plus. Now they can just say, "It's Drew Brees what did we expect?" If Dez had a great game it would shine that light on the Cowboys problems more, than without him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Another idiotic post.

Thanks Bleu.

What of the dozens of well-conditioned athletes across sports that tear their Achilles every year?

Beyond that there's no amount of conditioning that can be done to replicate playing football.

Meh, nevermind common sense...I know...

"Heeeeehaw....heeeeehaw...Dez iZ iNjuuurd!"
Hey thanks bro. I wake every morning with one single objective and that is to please you. :thumbup:

Xelda

Reaction score
I hate to hear that. I would rather he finish his NFL career on a high than an injury.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Dez will always be one of my favorite Cowboys...ever. I was hoping to watch him play again. This news just stinks. And to the haters, get a life. Taking cheap shots, in a career ending injury thread such as this one, just shows how sad your life truly is.