News: Dez possibly tore his Achilles

ksadler1

Reaction score
Why should I feel bad for him and NO? That’s their problem. We got our injuries and you won’t see them crying about Lee being out.

Again, I'm looking at it from a human perspective, not a football player. I can care less about how it affects NO. But l wish nothing bad for Dez...

ghst187

Reaction score
Torn Achilles.
And you thought he had lost his explosiveness before now....he’s officially done.
I presume they can’t release him while injured?
Meaning he would get a ring if NO wins it all?
Which would be crazy...two practices and....championship.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I heard that it happen on the last play of practice. If that's true, it only compounds the situation for him.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
That’s terrible...

I feel sorry for Dez....

It's too bad Dallas didn't act like such a ****** bag franchise and had signed him a few weeks ago...

Imagine if Dex was catching TD's and we still had a top-5 pick...

I hope Cowboys all die from testicular cancer before they line up and play pansy tickles with some other POS team...

Alweezy

Reaction score
Sucks for Dez.......But Jerry Jones is breathing a sye of relief.....Dez coming back to Jerry World as a Saints was a disaster waiting to happen for the Cowboys......

I was interested in seeing Dez outside of the Cowboys bubble of influence to better evaluate our own offense.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Again, I'm looking at it from a human perspective, not a football player. I can care less about how it affects NO. But l wish nothing bad for Dez...
Want to send him a get well message? Go Tweet him,or challenge him to an online game of Madden. He’ll play any of you. Trust me...he reads his tweets. He sees what you say. Let’s see...yep,he’s retiring. Starting up some branding talent company called “Personal Corner”,and of course playing video games. Call of Duty Black Ops 4 ...looool.

Last edited:

Noclaf

Reaction score
Man some of you are total and complete A-holes. Try being a human and understand that football is not everything.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Even though I wanted Dez gone from the Cowboys I was pulling for Dez when I heard the Saints signed him. I thought he would be in a good environment for him to be successful because he wasnt asked to be a lead dog! Good coach and good leadership players would of kept Dez in check.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is awful for Dez. That is why I back players who hold out for more money. Thankfully Dez got paid in 2015. Laveon Bell should sit out the rest of the year.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This Dez news make me wonder if he was actually keeping himself conditioned. You can't just turn it on at will....
Trying to go full throttle after a long layoff might have contributed.

Straight from Mayo Clinic. "Ruptures often are caused by a sudden increase in the stress on your Achilles tendon. Common examples include:
  • Increasing the intensity of sports participation, especially sports."
  • Increase training intensity slowly.
Achilles tendon injuries commonly occur after an abrupt increase in training intensity.

Things we know:

1. He spent an abundance of time on Twitter pleaseing his case vs the Cowboys to the general public.

Things we don't know:

1. How often he was actually doing football conditioning to keep himself in tip top shape. Once a week won't do it.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
This Dez news make me wonder if he was actually keeping himself conditioned. You can't just turn it on at will....

Straight from Mayo Clinic. "Ruptures often are caused by a sudden increase in the stress on your Achilles tendon. Common examples include:
Achilles tendon injuries commonly occur after an abrupt increase in training intensity.

Things we know:

1. He spent an abundance of time on Twitter pleaseing his case vs the Cowboys to the general public.

Things we don't know:

1. How often he was actually doing football conditioning to keep himself in tip top shape. Once a week won't do it.

There's no way to know. It might be that, it might have just been a freak occurrence, or maybe it was weak from previous injuries.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Things we know:

Things we don't know:

We know a little more than that which points to Dez not being in great shape but don’t really feel like arguing with Dez fans about it today.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
We all wish things would play out fairly players and they just fade out, but reality is, 65% of NFL players careers come to an end from injury related issues. Or injuries later in their careers that force retirement. Dez appears to be headed that way. Sucks, but it is reality. If you think about it, he's kind of going out like Romo did.