Twitter: Dez sounds like he is bitter

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Dez hate is unreal.

He literally goes out his way to tell CeeDee “congrats....you be you” and then it’s turned around like he said something wrong.

He’s clearly supporting Dak here and now you’re somehow turning it into bitterness that his career with the Cowboys is over.

Smh.
People see what they want to see.

If they do't like Dez, they see this as him being "bitter" when he is clearly supporting Dak. Not that I agree with his methods here.

Just like those who don't like Dak are suggesting signing Dalton to a 1-year deal is a move to replace Dak.

On this board, Jerry apologists swore Jason Garrett was the second coming of Tom Landry and now want to scapegoat Garrett for the team's mediocrity the pact decade.

Confirmation bias is the new law of the land, very little objectivity left.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak could have been signed long ago, he just chose not to.

This.

Have the Cowboys made a fair, market value offer? Yes. They are on record as willing to pay him as one of the top QBs (if not THE top QB according to some reports) in the NFL.

The only reason Dak is not signed to a long term deal is... drumroll please: Dak.

If he wants to play hardball and angle for more years, more money etc... that is 100% his prerogative. BUT— negotiations are two way streets. Dallas has every right to angle for the best deal for the franchise.

No one can honestly say that Dak is being insulted by the the current offer on the table. Therefore— this “Dallas has insulted Dak” schtick from Dez is misguided, one-sided, and misinformed

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People see what they want to see.

If they do't like Dez, they see this as him being "bitter" when he clearly supporting Dak. Not that I agree with his methods here.

Just like those who don't like Dak are suggesting signing Dalton to a 1-year deal is a move to replace Dak.

On this board, Jerry apologists swore Jason Garrett was the second coming of Tom Landry and now want to scapegoat Garrett for the team's mediocrity the pact decade.

Confirmation bias is the new law of the land, very little objectivity left.
Ok I Was with you until you said people thought Jason Garrett was the second coming of Tom Landry. Never heard anyone say that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As much as i loved dez he never improved his game. Ran the same 3 routes for 8 years. Lost some athleticism due to the foot injury and didnt have enough technical skill to fall back on. Thats y he aint in the league
Yeah I'll always love Dez and what he did. I think he deserves far more respect than that's given but it seems like to me he's taking his route running more serious now than he did when he was in the league.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Ok I Was with you until you said people thought Jason Garrett was the second coming of Tom Landry. Never heard anyone say that.
It was said widely here, especially after Jerry Jones said it himself.

That's the other thing (not saying you're doing that now). People don't own up to the things they said. They pretend their awfully wrong opinion/take never happened and dare you to go digging through 10 years of message board posts to find it. One particularly bellicose former moderator and poster here used to delete his wrong takes. Own your takes, we are all allowed to be and often are wrong. I hated Dak coming out of his senior year and thought drafting him was a waste of time, I was dead wrong and count myself as a Dak fan.

Tons of posters here greatly supported Jason Garrett. That's fine, we are all entitled to our opinions and hopes. I just can't stand that people pretend like they didn't.

Kwyn

Reaction score
No what he’s stating is partially truth.
Dallas should bring him on to be #4 guy just in case anything happens to CeeDee or Gallup.

Dez would still have the best hands on the team even at this age (which ain’t old), a perfect compliment for the younger WRs.

now that #88 is Ceedee Lamb, there is a less than zero chance that Dez ever plays for the Cowboys again

Does Ceedee give up the number ? I’m sure he would if asked but Jerry decided this.

The moment Jerry gave #88 to Lamb, that is all you need to know about any possible future for Dez with the Cowboys.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

That's the other thing (not saying you're doing that now). People don't own up to the things they said. They pretend their awfully wrong opinion/take never happened and dare you to go digging through 10 years of message board posts to find it. One particularly bellicose former moderator and poster here used to delete his wrong takes. Own your takes, we are all allowed to be and often are wrong. I hated Dak coming out of his senior year and thought drafting him was a waste of time, I was dead wrong and count myself as a Dak fan.

Tons of posters here greatly supported Jason Garrett. That's fine, we are all entitled to our opinions and hopes. I just can't stand that people pretend like they didn't.
I wanted johnny manziel is my worst take. I wasnt even here then tho

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope. Dak is very conservative. He likes to only make throws to wide open receivers. Its a sound approach. However, it doesn't fit with a wide receiver who doesn't get separation and relies on athleticism to come down with 50/50 balls. Dak couldn't or wouldn't throw the back shoulder end zone fade. That is what Dez made his living on. They were a bad fit. Both good players, but a bad fit together. Some people didn't open their eyes and thought Dez was done. He wasn't. He needed a qb that would throw it up and trust him to come down with it (just like he always did). Dak isn't that.

I had a buddy that wanted Higgins in the draft. I had to explain this to him. Higgins was one of my favorite receivers in the draft, but they would have been a bad fit. Lamb is a much better fit.
Lol...what a freaking ignorant post
@joshjwp you made me agree with @Dre11 and I don't know how to feel about that.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
now that #88 is Ceedee Lamb, there is a less than zero chance that Dez ever plays for the Cowboys again

Does Ceedee give up the number ? I’m sure he would if asked but Jerry decided this.

The moment Jerry gave #88 to Lamb, that is all you need to know about any possible future for Dez with the Cowboys.

Maybe it’s a test from Jerry to see if Dez still has a ego ( Which I don’t think he has, ppl change over time ) . MATTER OF FACT DEZ WILL BE HAPPY TO WEAR #17 OR #10 AS RESPECT TO CD.

dacoming

Reaction score

1. Disses Dalton
  2. Disses Romo
  3. Disses Jerry
Guaranteed a good bit of this is that with Ceedee getting #88 it finally sunk in that his NFL career may be over

Dez, Dalton was brought in as a backup and only got $3m guaranteed. One has nothing to do with the other

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think people said it that way. But posters did note that Jerry wanted his own Landry so he was willing to give Garrett time to "learn" the coaching position, just like Landry did. I was one of those posters who said it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well that's because people say crap all the time on this site. They don't remember half of it. Hell probably most of it. This is what you get when you say things behind a anonymous name and don't have to pay any consequences for the things you say. You just spew off at the mouth and don't say anything with substance. Just spew it off because you can.

I for sure am one of those guys that supported Garrett. Tom Landry never crossed my mind...hell I wasn't even alive when Landry was coaching the team. I wanted Garrett to work out but it became evident 2 years ago it probably wasn't going to work out.

That being said, I changed my tone for sure. He was holding this team back. I didn't see it initially but I surely saw it later when he underachieved yet again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think people said it that way. But posters did note that Jerry wanted his own Landry so he was willing to give Garrett time to "learn" the coaching position, just like Landry did. I was one of those posters who said it.
Ok I do remember that but that's far cry from comparing him to Tom Landry.
Is this sarcasm? I can't tell.
I'm not even sure about that whole account. I thought that whole DakAttack account was a bot or some troll.

GINeric

Reaction score
I hate to say it but Dez is right!! If Romo had the same identical numbers as Dak during this same stretch, Jerry would have paid Romo 55 million a year.....