Dez still working out and vying for chance with Cowboys

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Give Dez a chance.
He had his chance, remember?! If he were still any good, another team would have grabbed him right up. Nobody wants a player w/tantrums on the sidelines, crying when the ball isn't tossed to him etc.... Those days are long gone. Touche'

fredp22

Reaction score
I dare say that Dez is unemployed ONLY because he chooses to be.
I think he just wants to be a Cowboy. And he deserves a shot.
then why did he tell Pittsburg he wants to play there?
He had a shot - he was a horrible match with Dak. How is that going to change?

tell me why this player coming off an injury that 31 other team wont even look at for vet minimum, hasnt played for 3 years, or had a good season for 6 deserves another shot.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
he broke his leg and tore his Achilles .

he has an unbelievable work ethic.

that’s how he came from nothing to be one of the best WRs in Cowboys history.

comments won’t stop him.

he wants another shot.
Work ethic? Like quitting on plays and walking off the field before the game is over?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dez is looking good. Better than his last few years with the Cowboys.

Sign him to the 90 man roster and see what he's still got? What say you?

:popcorn:

Dez...please go away...no need for you and distraction you bring to the team.

even if he is a decent, 33 year old Wr, that can give you 30 receptions....he is going to be a distraction to the team during training camp and in the locker room. we don't need him, his mouth, his distraction in the locker room, sideline or anywhere near the cowboys. there is plenty of WRs left that can do what he can do and don't have the same issues that he will bring to the team. he will never ever again be any type of a good/top WR in this league....time to move on

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm anticipating that the Cowboys may elect to draft a promising WR in the upcoming draft, perhaps within the 1st four rounds. If so, Dez may very easily end up on the outside looking in. He's far from a lock to be given the chance to compete for a role as a Cowboys receiver. This is especially so, since this promises to be an advantageous year for such a generous number of outstanding WRs to be available.

I also suspect his chances with the Cowboys have already come and gone. It's surely not like he left under the best of circumstances. I felt as though Stephen simply provided words of kindness in his words concerning him lately. Suffice it to say, Dez has had a pretty tough time of it.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have a problem seeing what he’s got left. Garrett is gone so he won’t be able to walk all over the HC. McCarthy wouldn’t take any crap from him.

lostar2009

Reaction score
he broke his leg and tore his Achilles .

he has an unbelievable work ethic.

that’s how he came from nothing to be one of the best WRs in Cowboys history.

comments won’t stop him.

he wants another shot.

He might do, but it's too little too late. But we will see.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dez...please go away...no need for you and distraction you bring to the team.

even if he is a decent, 33 year old Wr, that can give you 30 receptions....he is going to be a distraction to the team during training camp and in the locker room. we don't need him, his mouth, his distraction in the locker room, sideline or anywhere near the cowboys. there is plenty of WRs left that can do what he can do and don't have the same issues that he will bring to the team. he will never ever again be any type of a good/top WR in this league....time to move on
Dez is 31, not 33. Nice exaggeration. :cool:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well as a Dez supporter, I will say that I hope he can at least get a chance to compete.

That video left alot to be desired though, just sat here wishing I could see Dez run multiple crisp routes in a row.....even in a youtube video, his habit is always to round them off which has always bothered me in my WR past.

Guess I'll still be looking til my grave for multiple crisp Dez routes.

vnick

Reaction score
Frankly, there's no need to sign Dez now. No team will sign him without him coming in for a workout which isn't going to happen any time soon with the current conditions. If after the draft and as the team heads to camp, the Cowboys want to take a look at him, that would be prudent. I wouldn't sign him until seeing him in person and putting him through the ringer as far as workout and a physical.

I am not sure Dez is worth the headaches he could bring. But a decision on him is at least a couple of months away if not longer.

SSoup

Reaction score
It's a great sign for a player in sports when people think the fact that he's exercising is news.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. But. And there is always a but.

what good would that have done if he didn’t have a QB that could get him the ball.

May have done him more damage then good.
If nothing else, he could have showed his athletic ability - which we all question.

He could have showed off his route running skills - which we all question.

Those are the kind of questions about Dez he could have answered and proven he deserves another chance.