Dez vs. Empty roster spot

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm going to guess Dez gets a one year deal from the Patriots.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm going to guess Dez gets a one year deal from the Patriots.
Would love to see Brady , Edelman , Amendola and Dez working out together . If Dez isn't too stupid to learn and swallow his pride these guys could teach him something and possibly salvage the end of his career .

Would be very interesting to see if he would be teachable from the best .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would love to see Brady , Edelman , Amendola and Dez working out together . If Dez isn't too stupid to learn and swallow his pride these guys could teach him something and possibly salvage the end of his career .

"If Dez isn't too stupid"...

That's like saying if Cole Beasley isn't too small he can play on the OLine...

kskboys

Reaction score

If Dez would get picked up by the Pats, here's my prediction: The WR's they have on the roster beat him out and he doesn't make the team.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’d be hard for any reasonable person to argue this.

At first lots of folks were saying “oh Dallas did him no favors by releasing him right before the draft of course there’s no major interest, just wait till after the draft”.

Then after the draft it was “oh just wait till May 12th cuz teams are worried about impact to comp picks” or whatever.

Now it’s damn near June and there’s literally zero news of teams being interested in Dez.

I’ve always been a Dez fan, always gave him the benefit of the doubt, and always liked the guy (post history doesn’t lie). And I did think he’d be a Cowboy for one more year.

But at this point, one has to face reality. He is not viewed as a valuable commodity by NFL front offices. Teams have looked at the tape. Looked at the situation. And they just aren’t interested in him.

Could be a very hard thing for a guy like Dez to swallow.

Well said and I respect you for your candor.

Blackrain

Reaction score
"If Dez isn't too stupid"...

That's like saying if Cole Beasley isn't too small he can play on the OLine...

No there is a big difference Beasley will never have the physical attributes to play Oline . Dez has all the physical tools to play WR . He needs someone he respects to teach him , someone with the '' Street Cred '' . He had no respect for Garrett or Dooley please look at his body language in the meetings . he dosent even wear shoes .

Brady and Belichick command that respect because they have walked the walk , not once but MANY TIMES. So if there is an organization that he would swallow his pride for and be able to learn from this may be it .
Granted he is dumb as a rock but I don't feel he is completely unteachable . His pride is more of a problem then his ability to learn at this point . He dosent think he has any problem and guys like Garrett and Dooley just blow smoke up his --- about his passion .

Brady and Belichick have the hardware to jump into his spit with both feet and have him actually listen . Nobody in this franchise commands that kind of respect or even close . So if there is any hope for him NE could be the spot .

Blackrain

Reaction score
If Dez would get picked up by the Pats, here's my prediction: The WR's they have on the roster beat him out and he doesn't make the team.

You are probably right but it would be interesting to me if Dez could actually be able to grasp the mental part of the game being taught by the best . From what I saw in all or nothing he learned nothing here .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No there is a big difference Beasley will never have the physical attributes to play Oline . Dez has all the physical tools to play WR . He needs someone he respects to teach him , someone with the '' Street Cred '' . He had no respect for Garrett or Dooley please look at his body language in the meetings . he dosent even wear shoes .

Brady and Belichick command that respect because they have walked the walk , not once but MANY TIMES. So if there is an organization that he would swallow his pride for and be able to learn from this may be it .
Granted he is dumb as a rock but I don't feel he is completely unteachable . His pride is more of a problem then his ability to learn at this point . He dosent think he has any problem and guys like Garrett and Dooley just blow smoke up his --- about his passion .

Brady and Belichick have the hardware to jump into his spit with both feet and have him actually listen . Nobody in this franchise commands that kind of respect or even close . So if there is any hope for him NE could be the spot .

The Patriots don't need a Turd.

Verdict

Reaction score

Dez was never going to listen to anyone while playing for the Cowboys. He thought he was untouchable. That's part of the reason he acted like such a fool when he was cut.

Dez probably didn't learn much when he was cut. No one really wanted to sign him, except MAYBE the Ravens (if that can be believed) and he purportedly turned that down for --so far-- nothing at all.

It doesn't look like Dez has learned much at all. The Dez Fan Bois are looking for anything they can to put the blame for Dez' failures on anyone but Dez.

kskboys

Reaction score

That was clearly an exaggeration to make a point, not a literal statement to be refuted!!!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would the Patriots accept a guy who can't play and is a mental midget at any price. Oh let's not forget he can't run a route.
Maybe winning is too easy and they need a challenge that would doom any other team.

Then they could be first to win a Super Bowl while literally having a monkey on their back.

They would finally meet their match and end up 4-12 and their facility would have the stench of a 220 pound turd. That does not easily wash off. Jerry is having the Star acid washed when everybody is away for training camp.

Verdict

Reaction score
Maybe winning is too easy and they need a challenge that would doom any other team.

Then they could be first to win a Super Bowl while literally having a monkey on their back.

They would finally meet their match and end up 4-12 and their facility would have the stench of a 220 pound turd. That does not easily wash off. Jerry is having the Star acid washed when everybody is away for training camp.

That can't be true. I heard that Dez would get a pay increase if he is cut! I heard Dez would never be cut! I heard teams would be lining up to sign Dez! Say it isn't so!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What is Belichick's motto? "Do your job".

Don't know that running one pass pattern and yelling at his teammates means that...

kskboys

Reaction score
What is Belichick's motto? "Do your job".

Don't know that running one pass pattern and yelling at his teammates means that...
Yeah, I have doubts that he would make it out of TC.

Can you imagine the first time Brady underthrew him by 20 yds because he made the wrong read and ran the wrong pattern?