Dez & zeke

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
His play last year has carried over to this year. He's suppose to be healthy now so if this is what a "healthy" Dez looks like his best days are gone.

And here's your classic shiftiness.

You said he played bad last year. Why was that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
An injury filled season and one game?

Smooth.

We'll see how this season plays out.

Dez seemed to be biting at the bit to get out there today and erase what happened last year and he didn't do it. We still have 15 games but he's going to have to show some consistency to convince me he's the same player he was prior to that injury. Hakeem Nicks had a similar injury and was never the same player.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dez seems to have a lot of controversial catches / no catches...why is it he can't hang onto the balls in those calls, or his finger is out of bounds....I like Dez, he is one of my favorite players, but he is always on the wrong side of these calls.
He needs to concentrate more on the catch and securing it.

The call today was legit, the replay showed the Dez lost control of the ball when he hit the ground. Overturning the TD was the right call as much as I hate to admit it.

After that play, Dez just phoned it in because he had nothing the rest of the game...........1 catch for 8 yards and he is top 5 in the league?

LOL, yea right.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dez seemed to be biting at the bit to get out there today and erase what happened last year and he didn't do it. We still have 15 games but he's going to have to show some consistency to convince me he's the same player he was prior to that injury. Hakeem Nicks had a similar injury and was never the same player.

And so did Julio Jones...

Like I said. We'll see what happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And here's your classic shiftiness.

You said he played bad last year. Why was that?

He played bad last year because he admitted he didn't work hard enough and that may have contributed to him being hurt. He was too busy looking ahead to his big contract. I got news for you he wasn't looking that great in the opener last season prior to that foot injury. He suppose to be over that injury but todays one catch for 8 yards was less productive than any game he played in last season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And so did Julio Jones...

Like I said. We'll see what happens.

Julio Jones returned from his foot injury to have 7 catches for 116 yards in the opener in 2014. Julio didn't play on his injury like Dez did he sat out the rest of the season. Who knows what permanent damage Dez might have done to that foot. His performance today was concerning especially considering Dak threw the ball well.

wotacbfan

Reaction score
Welcome to CZ.

You're overreacting to a somewhat insignificant loss.

I mean, remember when he essentially ended both games against the Giants in '14?
Thanks for the welcome. My post is about his body of work, not just this game. He has flashed but that is all. kind of a Miles Austin 2 but with a bigger down side because no one had expectations of Austin at the start of his nfl journey, whereas Dez was supposed to set the nfl on fire. Dez is being paid elite game changer levels of pay and he has not been able to live up to that. Just my opinion of course.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
How would have Romo won that game? He would have made T. Williams go out of bounds?

Seriously? While DAK is good for a Rookie QB, he is not even comparable to how good Tony Romo is.

Tony Romo is a coach on the field on a team that sorely lacks coaching....as far as football knowledge goes, Tony Romo is in the elite of the elite. Tony Romo is a playmaker who can extend plays and improvise with the best of all time.

Dak, while I think he can extend plays, did not show that yesterday. IT was too much checking down. That was Weeden last year. It's fine from a rookie QB but this is two games in a row where I saw DAK checkdown WAYYYYY too much for my liking.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in Zeke's showing. I hope he gets it going next week.
Seriously? While DAK is good for a Rookie QB, he is not even comparable to how good Tony Romo is.

Tony Romo is a coach on the field on a team that sorely lacks coaching....as far as football knowledge goes, Tony Romo is in the elite of the elite. Tony Romo is a playmaker who can extend plays and improvise with the best of all time.

Dak, while I think he can extend plays, did not show that yesterday. IT was too much checking down. That was Weeden last year. It's fine from a rookie QB but this is two games in a row where I saw DAK checkdown WAYYYYY too much for my liking.

We barely beat the Giants in the opener last year, and this year they've invested significantly on the defense. We've had the same red zone problems no matter who the qb was. The only year we didn't have red zone problems was when Demarco Murray was having a histroic year. The only way a victory would have been ensured is if we had Murray put up his dominating performances and constant 3rd down conversions. That way we would have actually been scoring touchdowns instead of field goal after field goal. There is no guarantee that Romo comes in and wins this game. The Giants always play us tough and it would have likely came down to the last drive of the game like it did tonight and those are always tossups.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see what Dez does next week. Norman talks a lot and got into Dez's head last year. He'll get single coverage on Norman. We'll see if he can get open. If he's elite then he should be able to beat single coverage. If he has another 1 catch for 8 yards and a screaming match with Norman then there's a real concern.

kevm3

Reaction score
If we have another Dez dud game, I consider giving the Browns the 2nd rounder for Josh Gordon. If Gordon hits the weed again, then it'd be no different from what the rest of our 2nd rounders are doing. Lawrence not in the game. Gregory not in the game. Bennett not on the team. Escobar not playing or completely invisible. Jaylon Smith not playing until next year. 2nd round is a throwaway pick in our organization, so I'd at least take the risk of getting a guy who has shown talent in the NFL.

I also give Hardy a call. We're going to get lit up by better offenses when their Qbs have an hour to throw.