Dez & zeke

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He had one catch for 8 yards, not what you're looking for from your #1 receiver. Some are getting frustrated with his inability to separate from defenders and I'm one of them. He had bad season last year and isn't off to a good start this season. A one point loss is going to bring out a lot frustration and the players we're counting on who didn't perform well are going to hear it. Dez has been disappointing since he injured his foot last season and certainly isn't living up to his contract.

He had a broken foot and came back too soon trying to play through it.

Now we have to hear your blather for the next few days.

wotacbfan

Reaction score
Don't get the Dez hate. Really don't.
He has never done anything of note that advanced this team. He can't separate, he does not hold onto the ball at critical times, he is way over paid for his contribution. Maybe some day he will figure out how to be what he is paid to be, but for now this is the reality. I wish it weren't so but his body of work says he is no big deal.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's why you get the big money to pull down those tough catches. No excuses. Not saying he sux just not elite hands

So, do you watch other receivers from other teams? I'm not talking about highlight clips, but actual games? Because I've seen Julio Jones, AJ Green, Marshall, et cetera ALL drop more routine passes than that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He had a broken foot and came back too soon trying to play through it.

Now we have to hear your blather for the next few days.

That broken foot was last season he's suppose to be 100% healthy now and still can't get open. If you don't like listening to me put me on ignore. :thumbup:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He has never done anything of note that advanced this team. He can't separate, he does not hold onto the ball at critical times, he is way over paid for his contribution. Maybe some day he will figure out how to be what he is paid to be, but for now this is the reality. I wish it weren't so but his body of work says he is no big deal.

Welcome to CZ.

You're overreacting to a somewhat insignificant loss.

I mean, remember when he essentially ended both games against the Giants in '14?

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Remember when we lost the season opener to the 49ers in a blow out on 2014. Then look what happened? Everyone should calm down. It's the first week of a very long season.

Wood

Reaction score
Dak had biggest stones of any cowboy on either side of ball. Little concerned with Zeke lack of ability to create at line and Morris looked to have better burst. Zeke might be really good hammer late in games when Dallas has lead...but I don't think they will be in that situation much this year. This team is playing without MLB. Jaylon Smith needs to be healthy next year.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He had one catch for 8 yards, not what you're looking for from your #1 receiver. Some are getting frustrated with his inability to separate from defenders and I'm one of them. He had bad season last year and isn't off to a good start this season. A one point loss is going to bring out a lot frustration and the players we're counting on who didn't perform well are going to hear it. Dez has been disappointing since he injured his foot last season and certainly isn't living up to his contract.

Such a small sample size to forget what he's done for us.

If you're so concerned about separation, you should maybe criticize the playbook. I mean he actually had pretty good separation on that last broken up pass, but the ball was under thrown.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
How would have Romo won that game? He would have made T. Williams go out of bounds?

Romo would have made the plays when necessary. Dak overthrew guys all day. Dak is promising but all the Romo hate this week just blew up in your face. IMO Romo would have been telling dudes in the huddle to get out of bounds.

wrongway

Reaction score
So, do you watch other receivers from other teams? I'm not talking about highlight clips, but actual games? Because I've seen Julio Jones, AJ Green, Marshall, et cetera ALL drop more routine passes than that.
Yes, I've been watching football for a long time. Seen lots of great catches and drops by many receivers. Game costing bobble there. Tough catch, make it we win happy day. Make it not and get criticized.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Such a small sample size to forget what he's done for us.

If you're so concerned about separation, you should maybe criticize the playbook. I mean he actually had pretty good separation on that last broken up pass, but the ball was under thrown.

He's done little since he signed his big contract. He even admitted he didn't work hard enough last season. He hasn't looked good since the 2014 season.

tonyd219

Reaction score
the players we're counting on who didn't perform well are going to hear it.

From who? Clappy McClappy? The only time these players will ever "hear it" is if they're on these boards.... Garrett is a joke and it shows in our discipline and play calling

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Alfred Morris is the better back right now, Zeke is the future but he looked lost out there today. Very impressed with Dak.

Agreed, really think they should split carries 50/50 right now and give Zeke the opportunity to observe the game slowing down. Zeke didnt have much room to run today, but Morris made the most of his opportunities.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
From who? Clappy McClappy? The only time these players will ever "hear it" is if they're on these boards.... Garrett is a joke and it shows in our discipline and play calling

They're not going to hear it from the clapper who was too busy patting Twill on the back like he was burping a baby after his gaffe helped cost us the game.

Last edited:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He's done little since he signed his big contract. He even admitted he didn't work hard enough last season. He hasn't looked good since the 2014 season.

And holy crap that's a small sample size.

The FO screwed around with his contract and as a result he was never ready for the season, broke his foot in the first game, and was never the same in '15.

Now you're commenting on the first game of the season like it's a sign of things to come, when in actuality, The Giants ALWAYS sellout to stop 88.

It usually just isn't that important because we can get other players to step up for a W.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And holy crap that's a small sample size.

The FO screwed around with his contract and as a result he was never ready for the season, broke his foot in the first game, and was never the same in '15.

Now you're commenting on the first game of the season like it's a sign of things to come, when in actuality, The Giants ALWAYS sellout to stop 88.

It usually just isn't that important because we can get other players to step up for a W.

I'm looking at the big sample size he had before he signed his contract and he hasn't looked like the same player since. He should be in the prime of his career right now at 27 and since last season he's been looking like his best days are behind him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That broken foot was last season he's suppose to be 100% healthy now and still can't get open. If you don't like listening to me put me on ignore. :thumbup:

You were just complaining about his play last year.

Tuck your tail...

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm looking at the big sample size he had before he signed his contract and he hasn't looked like the same player since. He should be in the prime of his career right now at 27 and since last season he's been looking like his best days are behind him.

An injury filled season and one game?

Smooth.

We'll see how this season plays out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You were just complaining about his play last year.

Tuck your tail...

His play last year has carried over to this year. He's suppose to be healthy now so if this is what a "healthy" Dez looks like his best days are gone.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yes, I've been watching football for a long time. Seen lots of great catches and drops by many receivers. Game costing bobble there. Tough catch, make it we win happy day. Make it not and get criticized.

And yet you don't hold them to the same ridiculous standard. BTW, what's Julio Jones or AG Green won?