Dez & zeke

Gameover

Reaction score
For what? He got a shot at another catch that he should've just completed the process of. Disappeared and then didn't get another. That's NOT a top 5 and I own a Dez jersey.
Folks around here don't like when you speak the truth about Dez.

How about Mr. Hand Shake and Head Slap. Teach, Jason

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Who? To all 3. **** Dez. Zeke gets an excuse for being a rookie and AT LEAST a factor. Dez is overpaid and overhyped. Not even a top 5. Williams shouldn't even be playing pro football.
Forget top 5. I honestly don't think I'd put Dez in the top 20-25 right now. And I don't know how anyone could.

bh32

Reaction score
You have no clue if you think that. Wentz would have folded like a lawn chair against that defense.

Giants have a very good defense....Browns have no one.
Oh so now that Dak sucked the Giants have a good Defense? That's not what you guys were saying before today...What happened to this beastly OL that would wear down defenses?

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Folks around here don't like when you speak the truth about Dez.

How about Mr. Hand Shake and Head Slap. Teach, Jason

Yeah, I'm facing it for the first time, but this is tough. I would throw to him only twice after those drops too. I've always been a fan, but Dez is SO EASY to take out of a gameplan.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I watched AJ Green dominate Darelle Revis today, making ridiculous catch after ridiculous catch, making people miss with the ball in his hands

I have to say- i have never seen Dez Bryant dominate anyone close to the level of Darelle Revis

AJ Green, Odell, Antonio Brown, Julio are on a different planet than Dez

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don't get the Dez hate. Really don't.

He had one catch for 8 yards, not what you're looking for from your #1 receiver. Some are getting frustrated with his inability to separate from defenders and I'm one of them. He had bad season last year and isn't off to a good start this season. A one point loss is going to bring out a lot frustration and the players we're counting on who didn't perform well are going to hear it. Dez has been disappointing since he injured his foot last season and certainly isn't living up to his contract.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
I was impressed with the offense today being without Romo.Compared to last year,they did well against a tough NY defense.

Our defense made some nice stops against Eli and their awesome WRs,but with the lack of pressure, they just couldn't stop them.

One thing we have to improve on is the red zone.If we can get TDs instead of FGs,then we'll win some games.

No need to freak out,it's game one.Dak and Zeke will get much better and we get Dlaw back after week 4.

WhizKid

Reaction score
I hope Romo comes back and we win it all.

But... I saw Dak make better decisions than Romo today.

Now I'm not saying Dak was bad, because I think he played well. But it was not enough to make up for the deficiency elsewhere. Dak made good short throws, but struggled mightily going deep. Granted there were some bonehead drops, but that is nothing out of the ordinary. Romo does a much better job pushing the ball downfield. Dak has a habit of falling further back in the pocket quite a bit, almost like 5 -10yds after his drop, he has the speed to beat a defender to the edge, but Romo is more skillful in beating pressure(if that makes any sense). Overall, Dak made some good decisions, but it was pretty clear we missed Tony out there. Not unexpected considering we're talking the difference between a rookie and a seasoned vet. This is more likely a win with Romo.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't think Zeke was bad. He had no room to run. The few times he did he scored a TD......the only TD we had. OL has to do a better job blocking

Ding. We have a winner. OK had a hard time with the Giants DL. Plain and simple. Zeke was getting yards after he was hit as advertised. But since he was getting hit at the line, it wasn't an impressive game

wrongway

Reaction score
Now I'm not saying Dak was bad, because I think he played well. But it was not enough to make up for the deficiency elsewhere. Dak made good short throws, but struggled mightily going deep. Granted there were some bonehead drops, but that is nothing out of the ordinary. Romo does a much better job pushing the ball downfield. Dak has a habit of falling further back in the pocket quite a bit, almost like 5 -10yds after his drop, he has the speed to beat a defender to the edge, but Romo is more skillful in beating pressure(if that makes any sense). Overall, Dak made some good decisions, but it was pretty clear we missed Tony out there. Not unexpected considering we're talking the difference between a rookie and a seasoned vet. This is more likely a win with Romo.
What was missing the most imo timeouts

Ken

Reaction score
Oh so now that Dak sucked the Giants have a good Defense? That's not what you guys were saying before today...What happened to this beastly OL that would wear down defenses?
True....I underestimated them.

At the same time...I overestimated the Browns.

I was spot on about not giving Zeke enough carries in the preseason though...I believe that is the issue more than anything.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm facing it for the first time, but this is tough. I would throw to him only twice after those drops too. I've always been a fan, but Dez is SO EASY to take out of a gameplan.

You should be facing it because it's an insanely stupid take. That wasn't a routine catch by any stretch and to criticize him for not coming down with in bounds with a defender contacting him is inane.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
You should be facing it because it's an insanely stupid take. That wasn't a routine catch by any stretch and to criticize him for not coming down with in bounds with a defender contacting him is inane.

I'm talking about the TD. That he had in his hands again. Where his hand was cradling it. You know the guy that's has "beast" tattooed on his arm. I'm also talking about how he was never seen again. Not a stupid take. I want players making disgusting money to show up.

wrongway

Reaction score
That's why you get the big money to pull down those tough catches. No excuses. Not saying he sux just not elite hands

kevm3

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke played like rookies. Dak is a good bus driver but that's all he is. Romo would have won that game, no doubt.

The defense needs playmakers all over the field. Only big plays all day were Carr INT which was telegraphed to him and Eli sack on third down. Otherwise they did whatever they wanted on offense. Only thing that prevented a blowout was the solid ball control offense.

So we have a solid if unexplosive offense and a poor defense. 6-10

TWill proved that he has no business being a starter. He's been in the league 4 years and made a rookie mistake. Unacceptable and possibly cost us a win. Bailey hitting a 60 yarder is a 50/50 deal and he was on point today.

How would have Romo won that game? He would have made T. Williams go out of bounds?