Dez's importance on the field

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think some people don't quite understand defensive coverages.

No way that I'm going to in any way diminish Dez' value to this offense, but anyone who thinks the double coverage that he got will now go to T Will...well, they are misguided.
Williams will still have single coverage.

We will almost surely see a safety creep up closer now and maybe even a safety in the box much of the time. That can make it tougher to run. Mainly if a fullback's not in the game, it puts more pressure on the RB to make someone miss.

In any case, if Philly does load up the box, Witten, Beasley, Williams, Escobar, Dunbar, and Street will be getting single coverage.
Much greater chance with only one safety deep that someone can break a long one...be it a WR or RB.
Should be fun to watch.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

No way that I'm going to in any way diminish Dez' value to this offense, but anyone who thinks the double coverage that he got will now go to T Will...well, they are misguided.

We will almost surely see a safety creep up closer now and maybe even a safety in the box much of the time. That can make it tougher to run. Mainly if a fullback's not in the game, it puts more pressure on the RB to make someone miss.

In any case, if Philly does load up the box, Witten, Beasley, Williams, Escobar, Dunbar, and Street will be getting single coverage.
Much great chance with only one safety deep that someone can break a long one...be it a WR or RB.
Should be fun to watch.

I agree and it is up to these WR and TE as well as Romo to take advantage of single coverage

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wavewhiteflag.jpg

The Official Flag of the Madden Football Generation (and some older folks too)​

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score

Much greater chance with only one safety deep that someone can break a long one...be it a WR or RB.
Should be fun to watch.

What are you talking ABout? I never once said T-will would be doubled, that be asinine. Teams are going to load up to stop the run now and if you think T-will is a number 1 receiver or scares anyone you dont know anything about football. He went games last year where he absoutely did nothing

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
Stas from last year, 2 CAthces for 19 yards vs ZONA, 1 catch for 18 yrds vs giants, 2 catches for 38 yards vs eagles, 0 catches vs BEARS, 2 catches vs eagles for 19 yards againl. YEAH DUDE IS GREAT LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stas from last year, 2 CAthces for 19 yards vs ZONA, 1 catch for 18 yrds vs giants, 2 catches for 38 yards vs eagles, 0 catches vs BEARS, 2 catches vs eagles for 19 yards againl. YEAH DUDE IS GREAT LOL

yes and as a #2 most of his routs tend to be mid to deeper routs than the #1. No one is claiming Dez is not an excellent WR but other guys on this team also have good talent and are capable. If it your view dallas can't win without Dez then that is your view.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What are you talking ABout? I never once said T-will would be doubled, that be asinine. Teams are going to load up to stop the run now and if you think T-will is a number 1 receiver or scares anyone you dont know anything about football. He went games last year where he absoutely did nothing
In the OP, you said...
"He (Dez) draws the entire defenses attention, last year in the playoff games T-williams caught 2 TDS bc he had single coverage"

Seems to insinuate that without Dez you think T-Will would not have had single coverage.
But I actually didn't single you out...many people have said this during Dez' contract negotiations. I said "anyone" assuming this has simplified things.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
In the OP, you said...
"He (Dez) draws the entire defenses attention, last year in the playoff games T-williams caught 2 TDS bc he had single coverage"

Seems to insinuate that without Dez you think T-Will would not have had single coverage.
But I actually didn't single you out...many people have said this during Dez' contract negotiations. I said "anyone" assuming this has simplified things.

yEAH bc he went from having the number 2 corner on him to having the number 1 on him since DEZ IS OUT.

DFWJC

Reaction score
yEAH bc he went from having the number 2 corner on him to having the number 1 on him since DEZ IS OUT.

How many teams drag their top corner around the field following a player like TWill (assuming no Dez)? Maybe 2-3 out of 32?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How many teams drag their top corner around the field following a player like TWill (assuming no Dez)? Maybe 2-3 out of 32?

I don't know it depends how many times T Williams burns him this weekend. lol

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Murray better get moving to do what the silly OP keeps claiming he will do.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
OP make some claims about somebody sucking on Cowboys next week because everything you claim, the opposite happens lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score

4 catches 84 yards avg 21 per catch and a TD. Without Dez. LOL