Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4YMgGH.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
We may as well make it an even decade or more that we will flush down the toilet with him.
Pretty much. At the minimum 10 years.

This is what I go by to determine if he's going to get signed or not. If Jerry wanted him to play out his last year, it's my opinion that there would be no talks. I can only assume Jerry intends on giving him an extension. Or at least that's the plan.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Enjoy!

https://syndication.bleacherreport....lks-going-really-well-amid-lamb-deal.amp.html

The Athletic's Dianna Russini said talks between the Cowboys and Prescott's camp are "going really well" even though they aren't necessarily talking every day.

Russini added there is no set deadline to get a deal done before either the Cowboys or Prescott would cut off discussions.
this gets done before the season starts.

Somewhere between 53 and 55 mill a year.

Contract length isn't going to be an issue this time around -- Dak wanted a four year to hit the market at 31 for a 3rd contract. A five year deal is really more of a three-year deal when it boils down to it.

Nav22

Reaction score
If they pay anything over 50 a year I'll likely throw up, if they pay over 55 I'll throw up while on the toliet, if they pay 60 plus I'll event a new term for an unknown bodily function
LOL!

Why do you care so much? They can figure out the cap hits year-to-year like every team does.

Trey Lance is making like $5M to do nothing this year, yet you're worried about our starting QB making $5M more???
:laugh:

rags747

Reaction score
Jerry needs to be smarter than this! Nine years and the same old Lou Zer results.

Merlin

Reaction score
this gets done before the season starts.

Somewhere between 53 and 55 mill a year.

Contract length isn't going to be an issue this time around -- Dak wanted a four year to hit the market at 31 for a 3rd contract. A five year deal is really more of a three-year deal when it boils down to it.
Dak won't sign for that. Not gonna happen.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It can be both "going well" while both parties are "not close."

One has to decide whether Adam Schefter or Diana Russini has more accurate info

No one is right 100% of the time.

However I've actually heard of Adam Schefter scooping a story before today so I guess I'll go with him

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It can be both "going well" while both parties are "not close."
Yeah, I think fans don't understand how NFL negotiations work. The only thing I'm really paying attention to is Stephen Jones saying they hoped to have something done by Week 1. There's a lot of "going well" and "not close" that can be said before then.

It's kind of like the Lamb deal. It wasn't going to get done until the deadline pressure hit. I think that was anywhere from late last week to early this week. (I thought it would be early last week.) Until then, the sides trade offers to try to get the best one they can.