Did anyone catch cold Pizza this morning?????

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
Here we go again with the whole "keyshawn = bad, bledsoe = angel"..

I'm not getting into this and as you found out the day it happened, the majority of the board, and the media, AND Troy Aikman, felt that Keyshawn wasn't in the wrong with how he reacted to Bledsoe confronting him

argue it all you want but you have credible ppl working against you.

with that being said, King of the Hill is a funny show

Bottom line is they both initially were upset and were BOTH man enough to put it behind them and focus on winning again. They were seemingly heated, yet chilled quickly enough to joke about it immediately after the game.

This speaks volumes to the character of each, if you ask me.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
Bottom line is they both initially were upset and were BOTH man enough to put it behind them and focus on winning again. They were seemingly heated, yet chilled quickly enough to joke about it immediately after the game.

This speaks volumes to the character of each, if you ask me.

I agree 100%

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Jay said:
Well, what other options are there?

It's obvious that he would help us. And it's obvious there'd be a chance he destroys us.

So..

Edit: Who the hell cares who started the argument? Fact of the matter is, Bledsoe can stand up for himself and he doesn't seem to take other people's ****. That's the whole point of this, you're trying to drag this conversation into something that it isn't.

I'll tell you why I'm leaning toward being in favor of this move.

I think, in order to win a Super Bowl under Parcells, we HAVE to make a risky move like this. Staying the status quo and signing solid, workman-like players (guys like Singleton, Campbell...Fabini, etc.) will help improve our team, but will a Chris Hope and Fabini really push us over the edge? I don't believe so. I think it may get us into the playoffs, but likely not much further.

TO may, if signed, destroy us. But there is also a ceiling of opportunity that may be worth exploring.

I'm just concerned that if we don't step out on a ledge and take a chance, it'll be more hovering around the .500 mark and nothing else.

Also, I like Parcells' -- and Bledsoe' -- ability to deal with tumultuous situations. I don't see their demeanors being like those of Garcia, McNabb, etc.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
You people are amazing... it was Keyshawn who wasn't taking Bledsoe's mess... but why does it matter? why are you siding with Bledsoe? they're both Cowboys and they're both excellent at what they do? move on

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Dale said:
I'll tell you why I'm leaning toward being in favor of this move.

I think, in order to win a Super Bowl under Parcells, we HAVE to make a risky move like this. Staying the status quo and signing solid, workman-like players (guys like Singleton, Campbell...Fabini, etc.) will help improve our team, but will a Chris Hope and Fabini really push us over the edge? I don't believe so. I think it may get us into the playoffs, but likely not much further.

TO may, if signed, destroy us. But there is also a ceiling of opportunity that may be worth exploring.

I'm just concerned that if we don't step out on a ledge and take a chance, it'll be more hovering around the .500 mark and nothing else.

Also, I like Parcells' -- and Bledsoe' -- ability to deal with tumultuous situations. I don't see their demeanors being like those of Garcia, McNabb, etc.

I think you're right. I hate to say it because you must have some toughness to play football at all, not just the NFL, but I see some of the key fellas on those Eagles and 49ers teams as being soft. I just can't see TO talking the same smack to Parcells, Bledsoe, or hell, even Larry Allen. LA would just pick him up like the kicker last year and shake him like a bobble head doll.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Larry Allen. LA would just pick him up like the kicker last year and shake him like a bobble head doll.

did anyone see that episode of Rome Is Burning (Jim Rome's show) where Bradie James was Rome's "correspondent" and he was goin around Valley Ranch talkin to/about various Cowboys... and he saw Larry Allen walk by and initially didn't wanna talk to the cameras... but then Bradie James asked him "alright at least lemme ask you this... why do you laugh when you hit people?" and LA smiled and goes "cuz it's funny"

:lmao2:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
You people are amazing... it was Keyshawn who wasn't taking Bledsoe's mess... but why does it matter? why are you siding with Bledsoe? they're both Cowboys and they're both excellent at what they do? move on

Okay SupermanXX, I can see it really bothers you that anyone dares presume Key had anythign to do with it now that you've replied for the 10th time like this.... you can fess up now. You're Keyshawn Johnson, aren't you? :D I think there's an anonymous Cowboys Career forum somewhere here. Pull up a seat, we've already got JJT (whoever PMs Woody's Girl the most), Quincy Carter (kartr), Drew Bledsoe's Fan Club President (Bledsoe4mvp) and Bill Parcells (Kittymama) on the board. Make youself at home. :)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
did anyone see that episode of Rome Is Burning (Jim Rome's show) where Bradie James was Rome's "correspondent" and he was goin around Valley Ranch talkin to/about various Cowboys... and he saw Larry Allen walk by and initially didn't wanna talk to the cameras... but then Bradie James asked him "alright at least lemme ask you this... why do you laugh when you hit people?" and LA smiled and goes "cuz it's funny"

:lmao2:
:laugh2: :laugh2:

ddh33

Reaction score
I have a lot of confidence in Bill's ability to handle players and relate to them. If you like football and winning and are willing to do what it takes, then Bill will like you.

I also have a ton of confidence in Drew's leadership skills. From my perspective, I think he's one of the toughest, thickest-skinned QBs out there. He can handle some adversity, and he won't cry about it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
I agree 100%

SupermanXx said:

Aren't those 2 posts contradictory? On the one hand you agree that both were men and moved on. On the other hand it is important to you who started it?

Confusing.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Aren't those 2 posts contradictory? On the one hand you agree that both were men and moved on. On the other hand it is important to you who started it?

Confusing.

Many times I blame these kind of things on one thing....MONDAY. :laugh2:

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Confusing.

yes, I agree that both men were men enough to move on from the incident

also, I was only emphasizing who started it on the basis that a certain poster seemed a bit confused about the whole thing

it's not important to me, personally.. I was just helping the other poster's recollection is all

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
yes, I agree that both men were men enough to move on from the incident

also, I was only emphasizing who started it on the basis that a certain poster seemed a bit confused about the whole thing

it's not important to me, personally.. I was just helping the other poster's recollection is all
It sure looked important to you.

Oh, and I agree, Key started it.

:grin:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Okay SupermanXX, I can see it really bothers you that anyone dares presume Key had anythign to do with it now that you've replied for the 10th time like this.... you can fess up now. You're Keyshawn Johnson, aren't you? :D I think there's an anonymous Cowboys Career forum somewhere here. Pull up a seat, we've already got JJT (whoever PMs Woody's Girl the most), Quincy Carter (kartr), Drew Bledsoe's Fan Club President (Bledsoe4mvp) and Bill Parcells (Kittymama) on the board. Make youself at home. :)

Me thinks you left out Adam being Stephen Jones....

neosapien23

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
He shut up Key pretty quick in the one fragile moment last year. He also didn't seem like he took it personal. McNabb on the other hand, is going public with the first day, minute and second that TO hurt his feelings in the huddle in his first year. :rolleyes:

Hey, it was black on black crime remember.:lmao2:

Skip

Reaction score
cowboys1 said:
the meeting was between drew rosenhaus and parcells not bledsoe

Yes your right and the speculation was that the TO rumors to Dallas have more fact than fiction. He also said that he believed now that TO would either go to Dallas or Denver, at least they are the 2 teams most interested.

He said something like talking to someone on the phone is one thing, but talking to them over lunch would mean things are farther along than thought.