Did anyone else feel it

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
By the end of the first quarter I told my wife the season is over. She laughed and said there is still 3/4 of the game left and we are playing good. I felt it slip away.

I am a homer for my team and make bones about it but in recent years I have also became a realist about it.

Our #1 ranked Defense was propped up with popsicle sticks and the fact that our line was getting a push. When we got no push mariota picked us apart. Just like any other qb would. Heck Dak could pick our Defense apart.

THEY CELEBRATED ON OUR STAR!!! That should have been a bench clearing brawl. And yet hardly nothing. I think Jones gave a little shove. Jaylon on that attempted tackle? WTH.

The first few minutes looked like we were going to roll over this team. But after Dak throws a int by trying to force the ball to Cooper (who didn’t see that coming) we had nothing.

Linehan and the playcalling just got worse. The carries for Elliot went out the window.

The season isn’t mathematically over but trust me, it’s done. We now go on a losing streak. Yet another year torn apart.

JJ has to do something and he is gathering with SJ to see who they can fire without it being JG.

I think we are starting to see the team give up on JG and in coming weeks it will become apparent for all to see.

This lose was the season. Was our chance to climb back into the East.
Jones is senile to say that he has faith in Garrett and the coaches as a whole.

Coming off a bye week, with that much time to prepare for the mediocre Titans, and we can only muster 14 damn points?

I think Amari is going to be alright for us, but how is that long gone first round pick looking now?

Get rid of Garrett and Linehan and Marinelli!!! Give the fans some freaking hope.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Lol. I still had hope. But this trash our staff is putting out there isn’t going anywhere.
ROFL... yes, and the saddest part of it all is, we as fans have felt this from game 1. WE have ALL known this team was a train wreck waiting to happen. Am I still a fan, yes, I'll always love my cowboys, but I'm done with the excuse's and all the stupid decisions and choice's Jerry Jone's puts on the field. He blew it with Jimmy Johnson, and now 23 years later he is still trying to prove it was he, the mighty Jerrah who built the 90's team. Well I ain't buying into it. Anyone having to ask why, just has NOT followed this team since Jimmy J walked off. It' has been 1 idiotic HC after another for Jerry, and he has YET to realize, HE is the problem with all his meddling and showing his butt on the field and the stupid things that come out his mouth. I won't watch another game this season, or any until Garret is gone. Then depending on who the mighty Jerry chose's will I think about wasting my time or my dollars on this fool of a owner.

dckid

Reaction score
By the end of the first quarter I told my wife the season is over. She laughed and said there is still 3/4 of the game left and we are playing good. I felt it slip away.

I am a homer for my team and make bones about it but in recent years I have also became a realist about it.

Our #1 ranked Defense was propped up with popsicle sticks and the fact that our line was getting a push. When we got no push mariota picked us apart. Just like any other qb would. Heck Dak could pick our Defense apart.

THEY CELEBRATED ON OUR STAR!!! That should have been a bench clearing brawl. And yet hardly nothing. I think Jones gave a little shove. Jaylon on that attempted tackle? WTH.

The first few minutes looked like we were going to roll over this team. But after Dak throws a int by trying to force the ball to Cooper (who didn’t see that coming) we had nothing.

Linehan and the playcalling just got worse. The carries for Elliot went out the window.

The season isn’t mathematically over but trust me, it’s done. We now go on a losing streak. Yet another year torn apart.

JJ has to do something and he is gathering with SJ to see who they can fire without it being JG.

I think we are starting to see the team give up on JG and in coming weeks it will become apparent for all to see.

JG has lost team over the past two years. Players know there is no accountability coming from the top. As I have said 100 times before it is our CULTURE. It starts and ends with the culture of your team/ organization.
I dont know why all the homers on this site can not see this. Look at every great coach or organization. We are losers and we have been for the past 20 plus years. We had a 20 page thread about Romo's greatness. This proud organization that had 20 straight winning seasons, 8 out of the first 30 SB's now grasps for a guy who almost made it past the divisional round. We get stuck in that minutia, instead of thinking big picture.
The only way to fix this is to flush the coaching staff and bring in a guy who will rebuild the culture and unless Jerry realizes that good luck.

Flamma

Reaction score

By the time Dallas went down 14-7 I knew it was over. Dallas didn't adjust to anything they were doing, and they knew what to do against our D.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nah...when they announced JG "and" Scotty we're coming back, that's when i knew this season was a wrap...been waiting for y'all to catch up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Inability to take advantage of opportunities was and continues to be a killer. I have very little confidence when we get to the red zone. When you have an opponent down you can't keep letting them back up.

zack

Reaction score

Dude, it was done long before this game. The season has been over for awhile now. The only way this season turns out to be a positive is if Garrett is fired.

nhcowboyfan

Reaction score
Two weeks to prepare for a team -- at home -- that was playing worse than we were, and the Cowboys embarrass themselves in prime time. When the Titans went up 21 to 14, I was emotionally done with this team. At that point, I would have been more angry if the team somehow squeaked to an ugly 24 - 21 win. I actually got to the point where I felt that a win would have felt like a loss.
I was enjoying this game in the first quarter, up to the point where Dak threw that INT in the endzone. That altered the entire direction and momentum of the game. At that point, I knew the game was going to be a struggle. I was wrong, because as it turned out, it wasn't much of a struggle for the Titans to win that game in the second half. Kudos to Garret and his coaches for their ineffective half-time adjustments.

ArbynTX

Reaction score
Same. I used to be upset the next day after a loss. This morning, I really couldn't care less.

My sentiments exactly. Watching Cowboys football on Sunday afternoon is only marginally better than watching Family Guy reruns.

CCBoy

Reaction score
About the start of the second quarter, I looked over at the wife and told her the Cowboys were just going to give this game away. She said, you know that I don't understand about football...and I stated, never mind.:)

Rayman70

Reaction score
I feel you glimm. I knew it was over. The QB play and coaching has shown it will not change at all. The season isnt mathematically over but I mean c'mon, we are more than likely losing to the eagles and falcons and those are conference games.

Its over.
STICK A FORK IN IT.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This season was over before it started. Poor coaching, poor player procurement and an overall lack of urgency are plaguing this organization.

This is so true.

They took a 13-3 team and for two off-seasons in a row, they did a TERRIBLE JOB in player acquisition and managing the roster.

Then it was exacerbated by hanging on to a poor head coach for far too long.

They took a #1 seeded team. Allowed key talent to leave, failed miserably to replace leaving talent and kept jason freakin garret around to coach it.

And this is what we now have.

And I hate the whole age thing.

Have to get younger. Have to get younger. Can’t pay any older free agents to stick around.

Now we have an incredibly young, BAD football team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I felt it. I told my wife the same thing, after the 3rd quarter. I knew we didn't have the fight in us. The coaching is stale, the oline stinks and is a liability,the QB is a work in progress to be kind, and the play calling is atrocious. I see no hope whatsoever. Jerry was on espn saying he is keeping Garrett lmao...this was after the game. I am resigning myself to the cold hard facts.We will not win anything until the Jones' are all gone...which means, the next 30 years or so. By then I will be in a pine box taking my dirt nap. That's a sad reality guys. It hurts to admit that.
I do think if we either get a new OC or HC we have a chance at winning. But watching JJ face during the game says different than what he told espn. He has to know by now that a change has to take place. It’s not gonna be JJ so get us a new HC and OC. The O-Line wasn’t better. They looked ok for the first quarter and that was it.

We had no juice and no answer for what they were doing. 2 mistakes took the air out of the sails. Should have been up 17-0 early.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I didn't think it was over but after the 9min, 80yd TD drive to tie the game, I did not have a good feeling. It would have been better if they completed a 80yd pass for a quick TD. That 80yd, 9min drive where they converted a lot of 3rd and longs was back breaking. I would say we never recovered but we did tie the game right before half. But even with that, I felt Titans were the much better team at the point.

Holding penalties killed 2 key drives, too. Jarwin and then Connor Williams. Both killed those drives that were getting going.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Why does Garrett still hold an NFL job of any sort? That's the 64,000 dollar question.
I am just beside myself. I bet Bayless is going off right now. Him and Shannon picked the Cowboys to win but he said if they lost that he was calling for JG head. I think most can agree the HC change needs to be made. I am guessing JJ will fire Linehan.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Well said OP..
But with all due respect, there are some people on these boards that act like see saws.... after the Coooper TD people here were happy, celebrating and forgetting just how awful the season has been. I to was looking forward to see what Amari could bring to this team, but the reality is that as long as this inept coaching staff remains, nothing will ever change.