Did anyone else feel it

glimmerman

Reaction score
I feel you glimm. I knew it was over. The QB play and coaching has shown it will not change at all. The season isnt mathematically over but I mean c'mon, we are more than likely losing to the eagles and falcons and those are conference games.

Its over.
I agree. It’s not done but it’s over. Dak starts off so good and I don’t know if it’s the QB, the O-Line or the coaching and playcalling or all of the above.

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree we're hanging on by a thread but I'll wait and see if we can somehow beat the Eagles.

Oddly enough if we can beat the Eagles we get right back into the mix. The Skins are going to crash and burn with all their OL injuries.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I didn't think it was over but after the 9min, 80yd TD drive to tie the game, I did not have a good feeling. It would have been better if they completed a 80yd pass for a quick TD. That 80yd, 9min drive where they converted a lot of 3rd and longs was back breaking. I would say we never recovered but we did tie the game right before half. But even with that, I felt Titans were the much better team at the point.

Holding penalties killed 2 key drives, too. Jarwin and then Connor Williams. Both killed those drives that were getting going.
It’s typical of this team. Drive killing penalties. A missed throw here and there.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It’s typical of this team. Drive killing penalties. A missed throw here and there.

And why is that? Because as Witten said, this offense has zero margin for error. It can not overcome adversity. Because we have no idea how to adjust and scheme. It can not get behind the chains. Or it falls apart. So every single penalty and miscue is magnified.

glimmerman

Reaction score
ROFL... yes, and the saddest part of it all is, we as fans have felt this from game 1. WE have ALL known this team was a train wreck waiting to happen. Am I still a fan, yes, I'll always love my cowboys, but I'm done with the excuse's and all the stupid decisions and choice's Jerry Jone's puts on the field. He blew it with Jimmy Johnson, and now 23 years later he is still trying to prove it was he, the mighty Jerrah who built the 90's team. Well I ain't buying into it. Anyone having to ask why, just has NOT followed this team since Jimmy J walked off. It' has been 1 idiotic HC after another for Jerry, and he has YET to realize, HE is the problem with all his meddling and showing his butt on the field and the stupid things that come out his mouth. I won't watch another game this season, or any until Garret is gone. Then depending on who the mighty Jerry chose's will I think about wasting my time or my dollars on this fool of a owner.
I will not buy another jersey or anything Cowboys until JJ does something. I know it ain’t hurting him but it makes me feel better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Oddly enough if we can beat the Eagles we get right back into the mix. The Skins are going to crash and burn with all their OL injuries.
I want us to win out and make the playoffs but I don’t think we will. If we put that garbage on the field Sunday we will lose. They gave us the game in the first 5 minutes and we gave it back.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Love to see all the homers pre-season predictions. I had 7-9 and that is now a pipedream. To make matters worse, we don't have a first round pick.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
JJ has to do something and he is gathering with SJ to see who they can fire without it being JG.

I think we are starting to see the team give up on JG and in coming weeks it will become apparent for all to see.

Jerry needs to hire a Director of Football Operations (who isn't his son), go sit in his owners box and hold the DFO accountable for results. But we all know that's never going to happen, so stop getting your hopes up each season.

I expected nothing this year and won't going forward as long as the organizational structure remains in place. I'm neither angry nor disappointed today because I wasn't invested in this bunch. I actually chuckled at stupid Jerry sitting in his box, seemingly surprised by what he was seeing. I watch the Cowboys out of habit, because I still love football, and in part to just shake my head at this old fool and his idiot son. I don't give them a penny of my money any longer.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The game was over the second Dak took a potential 14-0 lead and made it 7-7. That was the game changing play. Our defense had fire and you could almost feel a repeat of the Jaguars game coming. Then Dak threw a pick, and fumbled a few drives later and our defense and really whole team just shut down.

My favorite part about Garrett ( not many things ) is he is at least exposing Dak enough that I hope we don't give him a penny when that rookie contract runs out.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is so true.

They took a 13-3 team and for two off-seasons in a row, they did a TERRIBLE JOB in player acquisition and managing the roster.

Then it was exacerbated by hanging on to a poor head coach for far too long.

They took a #1 seeded team. Allowed key talent to leave, failed miserably to replace leaving talent and kept jason freakin garret around to coach it.

And this is what we now have.

And I hate the whole age thing.

Have to get younger. Have to get younger. Can’t pay any older free agents to stick around.

Now we have an incredibly young, BAD football team.
We have a staff that is killing us. Poor playcalling and the same tired predictable stuff.

glimmerman

Reaction score
About the start of the second quarter, I looked over at the wife and told her the Cowboys were just going to give this game away. She said, you know that I don't understand about football...and I stated, never mind.:)
My wife used to tell me not to be so negative. Then she relized when I tell her we are about to start sucking and it’s gonna get ugly that I am just about always right.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Two weeks to prepare for a team -- at home -- that was playing worse than we were, and the Cowboys embarrass themselves in prime time. When the Titans went up 21 to 14, I was emotionally done with this team. At that point, I would have been more angry if the team somehow squeaked to an ugly 24 - 21 win. I actually got to the point where I felt that a win would have felt like a loss.
I was enjoying this game in the first quarter, up to the point where Dak threw that INT in the endzone. That altered the entire direction and momentum of the game. At that point, I knew the game was going to be a struggle. I was wrong, because as it turned out, it wasn't much of a struggle for the Titans to win that game in the second half. Kudos to Garret and his coaches for their ineffective half-time adjustments.
Yep, right after the int. The whole energy changed. I knew he was going to force that ball. Not sure who #49 is but he was standing there open on the goal line.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well said OP..
But with all due respect, there are some people on these boards that act like see saws.... after the Coooper TD people here were happy, celebrating and forgetting just how awful the season has been. I to was looking forward to see what Amari could bring to this team, but the reality is that as long as this inept coaching staff remains, nothing will ever change.
Your right. I was under the impression that perhaps the players could win despite the staff but it’s nit going to happen. This OC will abandon the run and get pass happy every chance he gets. QBs making bad choices. Why he would throw that to a double covered WR is amazing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Love to see all the homers pre-season predictions. I had 7-9 and that is now a pipedream. To make matters worse, we don't have a first round pick.
And it looks like it’s going to be a high first rounder.