Did anyone else notice Bradlee Anae?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If they cut Anae, he would be picked up by another team and would play.

I can see if that happens, the Steelers pick him up and the Cowboys wind up with egg on their face. They have a way to utilize his kind of talent. TJ Watt-like. .

Sydla

Reaction score
The reality is that some people here are completely overvaluing Anae but that seems to be the thing to do every offseason. Find that one guy and claim he's way better than the coaches and anyone else knows and if on another team, he'd just kill it.

Anae is what he is. He's a situational pass rusher. And there is nothing wrong with that. You need guys like that. Not every guy has to start or be a stud. You need depth with guys like Anae. No reason to make the kid out to be something he's not.

plasticman

Reaction score
Coaches see something entirely different than us.

Did Anae use proper technique? Would he have been in position had it been a delayed handoff? Was he making sure not to overrun the play?

And especially:

What is the quality of his competition?

Against a Tyron Smith type of OT, I would be impressed. Against a rookie free agent camp body, not so much.

rambo2

Reaction score
Coaches see something entirely different than us.

Did Anae use proper technique? Would he have been in position had it been a delayed handoff? Was he making sure not to overrun the play?

And especially:

What is the quality of his competition?

Against a Tyron Smith type of OT, I would be impressed. Against a rookie free agent camp body, not so much.
It is easy to see that he can rush the passer and he has a motor that doesn't quit.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It is easy to see that he can rush the passer and he has a motor that doesn't quit.

Exactly, these are things you cannot coach. the will to want to rush the passer and the motor. You can teach technique and make him stronger if he needs to be. This is just his first full TC, for christ sake, some here already prejudging him based on their own limited knowledge. I am not saying he is All Pro yet. But he has the ability is my point. Now will the Cowboys be the team to teach him or will he wind up somewhere where he does have the opportunity?

CWR

Reaction score
To me the defensive tackles are greatly improved over last year. Poe did absolutely nothing. The entire defense is going to be much better than last year.

McCoy had a more positive impact in this defense than Poe. We improved the moment he was cut. It suprised me because I had thought he was a good player, at least in KC.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
OK but then let's note that Anae didn't actually show himself in preseason last year and there wasn't much buzz about him from the beat writers during the season. No reports of how Anae was dominating in practices and needed more PT, etc.

It's usually the simplest answer. Anae just wasn't good enough or developed enough last year to warrant more PT. And I can't reach the opposite conclusion based on a couple of plays in a preseason game against backups.

Well no, he couldn't standout in preseason games last year but he was certainly getting daily talk during camp. If the coaches have been proven to sit a second rounder (Gregory), they wouldn't have any qualms about sitting Anae.

The guy flashes too much to not have been given more than 6 snaps last year.

There were guys who cover the Cowboys questioning this during last year.