Did anyone notice that Bledsoe...

JMead

Reaction score
The only throw that Bledsoe left high was one to TO where he had to jump pretty high for it. TO got hit pretty hard but that was the only pass play I would consider as being hung out to dry.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I took some flak for being critical of his performance Sunday, in that I don't think it made up for last week. He still didn't look right.

That being said, I've never blamed a QB for putting a WR in a hitting lane. Staubach and Pearson made careers of Staubach throwing high to Pearson, Pearson leaping higher than anyone and grabbing it, then getting hit. If the QB puts it near their hands, he's done his job.

Those aren't kickers catching the ball.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Some of those hits did scare me.......but, happens every Sunday at least once.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Well Witten is the kind of guy where when he gets hit hard in the middle I actually feel sorry for the OTHER guy :lmao2:

I swear he is solid like a bull and guys have a hard time laying the wood on him. When they do it is like seeing a fly hit a window.

Now I have seen him get jacked up but it didn't really phase him and the jacker-upper got up slow.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
rexrobinson said:
Well Witten is the kind of guy where when he gets hit hard in the middle I actually feel sorry for the OTHER guy :lmao2:

I swear he is solid like a bull and guys have a hard time laying the wood on him. When they do it is like seeing a fly hit a window.

Now I have seen him get jacked up but it didn't really phase him and the jacker-upper got up slow.

Wherever Witten catches the ball you can almost guarantee he'll pick up at least 2 more yards, sometimes 5. Part of why he's worth big money.

TSquare

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Bledsoe didnt let the reciers out to dry..The brutal hits on our boys was just them laying the wood the way it should be done. Dont blame Bledsoe, that was the play and if they got layed out well oh well it's "Football".
I tend to agree, I don't think bledsoe does this any more than any other qb, but the one that sticks in my mind was to the right side of the field to Owens. That was a high ball and left him exposed.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Drew was throwing the balls just a tad of so the WRs would get nailed, I think he was doing it intentionally.

Because Drew is just a little evil like that.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that on Drew's deep throws, it looks like it takes everything he's got to get it there. The bomb to Glenn took a crazy effort, and it was still underthrown, and unusually lofted. Normally that pass has alot more on it, and not nearly so much air under it. I am seriously worried about that back.

But the passes he's hanging people out to dry on, he ALWAYS does. Julius Jones is lucky he's still alive, after the flare outs he was getting thrown his way last year. Drew can't make that throw. Dunno why, he just sucks at it.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Didn't he throw a ball that should have been intercepted, but was dropped?

I also thought I saw signs of "happy feet."

But clearly he played well enough to win. That's his job.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad said:
Did it seem that although he didnt make a mistake, or throw a pick...did it seem that Bledsoe threw some balls that got T.O., T.G. and witten layed out??? I didnt like that one bit gettin to see T.O. get crushed by Taylor or when Glenn got crushed on that little swing pass. Not a Romo thread, just any opinion????

I mentioned that in chat the other night...

Although Bledsoe statistically had a good game, he still doesn't look "right" to me. His throwing motion seems a bit different and his passes aren't quite as accurate.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The way the skins were doubling on the outside guys the only other option would have been for Bledsoe not to throw to them at all. WR are going to take hits they do on every team especially when the defense is keying on the outside guy as they were with Owens and Glenn.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I think Drew was throwing the balls just a tad of so the WRs would get nailed, I think he was doing it intentionally.

Because Drew is just a little evil like that.
lol.....

Stautner

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad said:
Did it seem that although he didnt make a mistake, or throw a pick...did it seem that Bledsoe threw some balls that got T.O., T.G. and witten layed out??? I didnt like that one bit gettin to see T.O. get crushed by Taylor or when Glenn got crushed on that little swing pass. Not a Romo thread, just any opinion????

That doesn't bother me at all. It just happens at times. Particularly the one that Glenn got layed out on - that was just a great read by Taylor who came in hard from the defensive backfield to make a play.

Mash

Reaction score
Bledsoe is always late in throwing.....it looked bad at times the other nite because he doesn't have that zip on the ball like he is accustomed too.

So I think he either learns to anticipate more or he regains that arm strength.

JMHO

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I mentioned that in chat the other night...

Although Bledsoe statistically had a good game, he still doesn't look "right" to me. His throwing motion seems a bit different and his passes aren't quite as accurate.

Mickey just wrote that he is perfectly fine and looked shop.

Of course, Mickey had man love for Hutchison....

Stautner

Reaction score
Lets be realistic. If we hadn't dropped 8-9 passes no one would have even noticed any of this. There was nothing at all wrong with Bledsoe other than he made a few throws off target - if 100% accuracy is the standard our fans will never be satisfied.

The only throw that bothered me at all was the one that Carlos Rogers should have picked off - TO simply wasn't open on that play.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
T-New41 said:
Yeah, he had a few passes that left the receivers out to dry. TO took some vicious hits fron Thug Taylor. I think this was the first game I have seen Taylor in where he impressed me with his hitting ability.

Poor Glenn took some nasty shots too.

was this your first time seeing him at all?he plays like that every game...the guy's a beast.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Stautner said:
Lets be realistic. If we hadn't dropped 8-9 passes no one would have even noticed any of this. There was nothing at all wrong with Bledsoe other than he made a few throws off target - if 100% accuracy is the standard our fans will never be satisfied.

The only throw that bothered me at all was the one that Carlos Rogers should have picked off - TO simply wasn't open on that play.

that was the problem dropped passes.....he would have had 100 plus more yards

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing.

Not so much the location of the balls, but more that they were a little late as usual.

He holds the ball too dad-gum long and this has been going on for years.

Tripod

Reaction score
I love Romo.....but but Bledsoe had a good game.....2TDs, should have been 3, 8 or 9 VERY catchable balls dropped.....no INTs or fumbles...an important Divisional win....dammmmm...oooh, oooh wait....um he threw lots of passes that caused collisions with defensive backs...yeah that's it...he sucks....heh,heh Bledsoe sucks....we need Romo!!!

The lengths people will go to to misrepresent this guy and make their case for the golf pro is laughable. Truly.