Did Belichek lose SB 52 on purpose?

Ghost12

Reaction score
I don't buy this either. That was the conspiracy theory when he benched Butler, but Butler wasn't very good the next year after he left them. I think it was as simple as Butler not practicing well and possibly being a locker room problem.
Butler didn't practice well and don't forget he was very ill. He didn't even travel to the Super Bowl with the team, he arrived the next day and was a "limited participant" all week.

Ghost12

Reaction score
They still fielded the #1 defense last year. The offense was short on weapons, but the cupboard wasn't bare in 2019.

I think Brady carries more blame for their offensive woes than Belichick last year. His arm looks shot.
When you factor in Edleman's injury, it was probably the single worst offensive unit Brady played with in his entire career.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tom had a clause in his contract that he couldn't be tagged.

The idea he threw a Super Bowl is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, especially in light of the fact that at this point you would need to believe he threw a Super Bowl then had a change of heart by winning the Super Bowl the very next year.
well you have a rowdy avatar, so I understand that you dont get it lol

Ghost12

Reaction score
Could be he wants to win a SB with another QB to show he didnt need brady, and Brady wants to do the same thing, win one without BB.
So what you're saying is that even though they no longer work together, Belichick still wants to win a Super Bowl and Brady also wants to win a Super Bowl?

Wow. Thanks for the brilliant analysis, Captain Obvious.

Ghost12

Reaction score
That is a good question, and I thought about that.
If you look at that game, the pats were down 28-3 I think, so he could have been trying to lose, or better way to look at it,
is not really trying to win until he gets rid of brady.
The falcons made some big mistakes, and the pats defense rose to the occasion later in the game.
Also brady led a comeback, which along with Atl mistakes allowed them to win.

It could also be that he only wanted to lose that one SB to teach brady and kraft a lesson.
OMFG your level of ignorance is astounding.

You were asked about Super Bowl 53 and you respond with Super Bowl 51.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
No way Belichick, who will do whatever is necessary to win, would throw any game let alone the SB.