Did Cowboys give up too early for Taco?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But some dummies thought it was a good idea to give that same guy input in drafting them.
:facepalm:

Coaches shouldn't get much of a voice other than to tell scouts what kind of system they run and the type of guys to look for. After that they can shut it. Let the scouts do their job or get new scouts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coaches shouldn't get much of a voice other than to tell scouts what kind of system they run and the type of guys to look for. After that they can shut it. Let the scouts do their job or get new scouts.

I agree. I hate that they let the former coaches have that amount of input. It screwed us.

kskboys

Reaction score
No its better to move on than to keep making a guy try to fit on the roster if he doesn't have “it”.

There is a reason teams were not interested in trading for taco. I was not overly impressed by what he did in the big ten. Its not like he was some definite stud coming into the draft.
We simply drafted the guy too highly compared to his actual skill set.

There are no shortage of talented prospects who come into the league every year. When you can get guys like aj epenesa in the second round who have much higher upside than taco ever did, you dont sweat it when you have to let guys walk.
Taco has a higher upside than Epensa, but Epensa has a much much higher floor.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'm not giving up early on Tacos. Tonight I'm going to try using Bison meat instead of the usual. Use Rogue Dead Guy Ale and throw a little Mad Dog 357 into the mix. I'm going to be on fire and crapping lava before the clock strikes midnight. What? We are talking about tacos, right?

You ever have vampire tacos where they fry cheese around the tortilla? Good stuff.

Hardline

Reaction score
No, definitely not. Taco is a 1st round bust. He will be out of the league within 2 years. Stop blaming Marinelli for Taco’s bad attitude and mediocre football ability.
You don't know that.
Odds are he will bust but it's not absolute that he will.

Hardline

Reaction score
Just my opinion.

Why do you think we released him to early, if you also believe he will eventually be a bust?
Because he wasn't given enough time to develop. He should've been given at least three years. That was Tom Landrys way

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. He’s just difficult and not that good. We reached for need.

nobody

Reaction score
Because he wasn't given enough time to develop. He should've been given at least three years. That was Tom Landrys way

It wouldn't have mattered. His attitude is what is getting him "Bust." That doesn't seem likely to change at this point.