Did Dalton play himself into a starter contract?

ICP

Reaction score
Probably but definitely not with the Cowboys

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
True. For his ability to "read a defense" he sure held on to the ball for way too long on at least half his sacks and never had the lead against a pretty terrible Giants team.

MAYBE if the D produced a 3rd turnover, Dalton could have won it. But to expect the D to produce 3 turnovers every game just for a CHANCE to win is not realistic.
Dalton is notoriously bad if he has no time to throw. If he smells a defensive player he collapses.

tico

Reaction score
Much cheaper garbage than Dak, whose monumental performance against third string corners on the Eagles to choke away another playoffs last year was true greatness...
Dalton made a career of choking in big games. Thats why they drafted and no longer is in CIN. Get off the ball sack

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton earned himself a big raise next year. He only made 3M this year. That should go north of 20M next year.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton made a career of choking in big games. Thats why they drafted and no longer is in CIN. Get off the ball sack

Not true. Cincy was in full rebuild mode and had the top pick in the draft. It would have made no sense for them to continue paying a 32 year old Dalton knowing they were drafting Joe Burrow.

tico

Reaction score
Not true. Cincy was in full rebuild mode and had the top pick in the draft. It would have made no sense for them to continue paying a 32 year old Dalton knowing they were drafting Joe Burrow.
Are you serious bro? Have you seen him play in Games that count? Trash all around. He's a proven loser with stats

khiladi

Reaction score

Dak is a fourth round draft pick for a reason, choking and padding garbage stats since college. I’m not the one saying Dalton should get paid 40 million dollars for not being able to beat third string cornerbacks off the street in Philly, with all five of his starting linemen and a healthy Zeke..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you serious bro? Have you seen him play in Games that count? Trash all around. He's a proven loser with stats

He's a less athletic Dak Prescott with a better arm. Go look at Daltons first 4 seasons.... you are obviously unfamiliar with Cincy and have to fall back on stats without any context.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Andy Dalton seems to be on a good streak this Kellen gun offense and 3 game win streak ,, seem like he's gain great confidence and rhythm en route to big plays in pass game

this could make him look more attractive in the FA market .. teams like the Pats, ..or Washington that could have really used him

His age (33 yrs) will be something going against him long term. but i could see Pats signing him as a stopgap starter until a a grooming young buck draftee is ready to take the wheels

He's like a Ryan Fitzpatrick

:D
Are you serious???????????????? Play himself into a starter contract???????? Hell, after today I'd be surprised if he get's re-signed. The Red Weenie checked out before he got off the plane. He should of been picked at least 5 - 6 times today, he was all over place. This was perhaps one of his worst games in a Cowboy uniform. He looked and played scared the whole game and the Giants saw it and took advance of it.

tico

Reaction score
Dak is a fourth round draft pick for a reason, choking and padding garbage stats since college. I’m not the one saying Dalton should get paid 40 million dollars for not being able to beat third string cornerbacks off the street in Philly, with all five of his starting linemen and a healthy Zeke..
I remember him coming back on the packers as a rookie.. That the only game you stuck on? Weak sauce! Every QB wins and lose some. Dak rarely ends games with a INT..

tico

Reaction score
He's a less athletic Dak Prescott with a better arm. Go look at Daltons first 4 seasons.... you are obviously unfamiliar with Cincy and have to fall back on stats without any context.
Yup I saw his great arm today, weak sauce.... He can't handle pressure, he gets spooked in big games screw stats.

khiladi

Reaction score
I remember him coming back on the packers as a rookie.. That the only game you stuck on? Weak sauce! Every QB wins and lose some. Dak rarely ends games with a INT..

Coming back, but throwing a crucial INT, against a battered GB secondary with third string cornerbacks giving up over 400 yards going into the playoffs only to get slaughtered the very next week, with Atlanta posting 44 on them and that too with the best OL in the game and Zeke having an all world year and that too at home, not even Lambeau..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cinnci had the chance to grab the first pick and a QB. No starter survives that.... you start that pick.

I'm not saying Andy didn't contribute to the pick...BUT..it's a "team game" remember? Or does that only apply to dak's losses?