Did Dez lose an earing or something during the game?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Twice today I've seen the NY media talking about Dez losing something valuable during the game. I didn't see the actual story, just teasers leading to the story. Did he lose an earing or something?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He lost an earing on one of his catches, but a security guard found it for him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;3701720 said:
He lost an earing on one of his catches, but a security guard found it for him.

Sweet, but they really shouldn't be wearing that crap during a game. Someone in Miami lost a $50k earing or something, but he never got it back.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I agree the football field is no place for this. Dez's earring was supposed to be worth $50k

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really hope that guy isn't blowing his money.

I hope he has some type of financial advice because he blows a lot of money it seems.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez Bryant loses diamond earring during Cowboys victory
By Chris Chase

Dez Bryant's(notes) stat line from the Dallas Cowboys win over the New York Giants: three catches, 104 yards, one touchdown and one lost diamond earring.

In the fourth quarter, the Cowboys star rookie fell hard to the ground while laying out to catch a 48-yard pass from Jon Kitna(notes). When he hit the turf, both the ball and one of his two diamond earrings jarred loose.

For the first time in his brief NFL career, Bryant's confidence on the football field waned. But it wasn't because he missed the catch. It was because he lost the earring.

"I really was a little worried," Bryant said.

Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...iamond-earring-during-Cowboys-?urn=nfl-285710

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Our story has a happy ending, though. As the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported, a security guard found the earring and returned it to Bryant in the locker room after the game. Bryant said he gave the security guard a "big thank you."

I think he owes the security guard more than a "big thank you".

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;3701871 said:
I did see him lose the defender a couple of times

Yeah, but the OP specified it was "something valuable".

bracey

Reaction score
I'm surprised they are allowed to wear jewelery during the game. The chances are small, but if it got caught on another player's gear the damage could be gruesome.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
bracey;3701991 said:
I'm surprised they are allowed to wear jewelery during the game. The chances are small, but if it got caught on another player's gear the damage could be gruesome.

Garrett should fine him $50k. :laugh2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bracey;3701991 said:
Me, too. I remember years ago Steve McNair got knocked out of a game because of a hard tackle and his chest got bruised. Turns out it was because he was wearing a big cross under his pads and that is what caused his chest bruised.

All the lower level sports make the kids take off their jewelry. Not sure why they don't make them do it in the NFL. It's just not safe.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I agree, for safety reasons I don't think they should be wearing jewelry.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
CATCH17;3701887 said:
I really hope that guy isn't blowing his money.

I hope he has some type of financial advice because he blows a lot of money it seems.

Based on what evidence?

sacase

Reaction score
187beatdown;3702171 said:
Based on what evidence?

I wore earings when I played in college. Never was an issue for me. I am suprised he lost it. Most studs that are worth anythingi have screw on backs.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
nyc;3701724 said:
Sweet, but they really shouldn't be wearing that crap during a game. Someone in Miami lost a $50k earing or something, but he never got it back.

Hey, if I had 50K to blow on earrings, I would buy something else with it... maybe even help some needy kids out.

If you're wearing a 50K earring, you deserve to lose it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
sacase;3702176 said:
I wore earings when I played in college. Never was an issue for me. I am suprised he lost it. Most studs that are worth anythingi have screw on backs.
That's what I was thinking. My cz's fall out all the time, but real dimmers should screw on so that exact thing doesn't happen. Maybe Dez needs to actually make an investment in some :laugh2: