Did Jerry make the splash you thought he would?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it would wow us if he would keep his mouth shut and just do the work. Last off season they made QUIET moves, I actually fell in love with jerry for a few months!! lol
You know Jerry by now. He craves the limelight and he is going to keep himself in the middle of the attention. But we can't yet judge this offseason. It may not be any different than other off seasons, but the time to judge that is still several months away.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You know Jerry by now. He craves the limelight and he is going to keep himself in the middle of the attention. But we can't yet judge this offseason. It may not be any different than other off seasons, but the time to judge that is still several months away.
ok but let's keep that same energy for our new DC we don't know how he's going to be, everyone is going of what he was, and what they want in a DC to be rah rah rah and stuff

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I'm not sure what splash would have made us fans happy or impressed. A lot of us could care less about jerry splish-splashing and trying to rev up fan happiness. Just give us a guy that will do everything in his power to get this team better on defense. My question is, did the splash surprise you, was it what you expected, did you expect a bigger name?? Please give your thoughts
No splash expected.
Just another jerruh lie.
Its endless.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Jerrys a dribbler into his depends now, couldn't make a splash if he gave it his all

Rayman70

Reaction score
Here’s my question.

Was any other team pursuing our new DC?
This late in the coaching carousel, I doubt it. Dallas always slow walks these things, which is how we end up with the table scraps, including the staff. Like I said before, we hired Rex Ryan Lite with Zimmer. I wish we would have called Vrabel at least and kicked the tires. Jerry is stuck in the 90's like many fans. Hes trying to run it back to the 90's by hiring a guy like Zimmer that was there. He doesn't understand the game on the field has evolved, as well as the players and how they need coached differently. This better work or it will get very ugly in Frisco. We may see a bloodletting staff wise and player wise like we haven't seen in decades. Since the 89-91 timeframe where we witnessed massive turnover and change. Maybe its what we need.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok but let's keep that same energy for our new DC we don't know how he's going to be, everyone is going of what he was, and what they want in a DC to be rah rah rah and stuff
How is that different than with any other DC the team could have hired? You never know for certain until it is seen how things play out. But it's not as if a past history of success as a coordinator wouldn't be a legitimate factor to consider when hiring.

As for fan energy, surely you've noticed all the attention this topic is getting on this thread. Your thread included. But the reality is, hiring a coordinator will never get the same reaction from fans as acquiring a big time player. That's not unique to Cowboy fans.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
How is that different than with any other DC the team could have hired? You never know for certain until it is seen how things play out. But it's not as if a past history of success as a coordinator wouldn't be a legitimate factor to consider when hiring.

As for fan energy, surely you've noticed all the attention this topic is getting on this thread. Your thread included. But the reality is, hiring a coordinator will never get the same reaction from fans as acquiring a big time player. That's not unique to Cowboy fans.
good point

Brax

Reaction score
Here’s my question.

Was any other team pursuing our new DC?
But but ahh ah ahh it’s a home run, ahh ahh grand slam. We are all in going around and around the rim, we like are guys the championship is right there around the corner, ah ahh ahh, Zim is the missing piece we were so fortunate to get him ahh ahh ahh another home run we feel so blessed to have him back.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
R.341a95ce6848ebd0a57d2935d4b941d5
yes
dang looks like the qb came back up. :D

Reaction score
Player acquisitions. We’ll see what he does with free agency and the draft. Even possible trades. Filling the holes on the roster.
yup,,, I've got no problem with hiring Zim given the current lame duck situation, and he should be fine as DC provided that Jerry gives the proper love to the defense and the OL. Thats where the splash matters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But but ahh ah ahh it’s a home run, ahh ahh grand slam. We are all in going around and around the rim, we like are guys the championship is right there around the corner, ah ahh ahh, Zim is the missing piece we were so fortunate to get him ahh ahh ahh another home run we feel so blessed to have him back.
Looks like just another comfortable decision by Jethro .

oKLNVBG.jpeg

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
loooooooooooooooooooooool

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Actually - yes.

I expected Jerry to grab a retread HC just like Quinn was to run the defense. A lot of people did.

Broaddus has said it on the radio many times that Jerry enjoys it when people that work for him on staff are not comfortable. Mike can't be comfortable with the hire.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm not sure what splash would have made us fans happy or impressed. A lot of us could care less about jerry splish-splashing and trying to rev up fan happiness. Just give us a guy that will do everything in his power to get this team better on defense. My question is, did the splash surprise you, was it what you expected, did you expect a bigger name?? Please give your thoughts
I heard a " Thud".