Did Jerry make the splash you thought he would?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Zimmer is a predictable “meh” hire

I anticipate a huge mega-extension for Dak that will be trotted out as “going all in” and keeping us “relevant” with a “franchise” QB

Stephen will talk about player acquisition being 365 days a year— and then we will not sign anyone of note because— well— salary cap!

We will be told Overshown is awesome! And Diggs is back! Mazi is looking good in his second year!! We will add a bargain defensive FA or two and Zimmer will be hailed as the sage magician to make chicken salad out of chicken-*%#*

We will draft some guys with promise. We will let some dudes go we can’t afford— salary cap!

And we will go 9-8 and miss the playoffs. Zimmer is new HC.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Zimmer is a predictable “meh” hire

I anticipate a huge mega-extension for Dak that will be trotted out as “going all in” and keeping us “relevant” with a “franchise” QB

Stephen will talk about player acquisition being 365 days a year— and then we will not sign anyone of note because— well— salary cap!

We will be told Overshown is awesome! And Diggs is back! Mazi is looking good in his second year!! We will add a bargain defensive FA or two and Zimmer will be hailed as the sage magician to make chicken salad out of chicken-*%#*

We will draft some guys with promise. We will let some dudes go we can’t afford— salary cap!

And we will go 9-8 and miss the playoffs. Zimmer is new HC.
Sounds about right to me

Rayman70

Reaction score
hangin around the rim?
OIP.7nnrrz7VxkyTGUWGjFvqwgHaFj

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Why are we even thinking that Jerry and Stephen have any contacts with upcoming younger coaches apart from homegrown Garretts/Moores of the world.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not sure what splash would have made us fans happy or impressed. A lot of us could care less about jerry splish-splashing and trying to rev up fan happiness. Just give us a guy that will do everything in his power to get this team better on defense. My question is, did the splash surprise you, was it what you expected, did you expect a bigger name?? Please give your thoughts
for coaching? he hasn't. he cornerned himself again. lame duck coach, on one year contract. which current coach/coordinator would be wanting to walk into that situation, knowing the defense has a lot of holes and draft capital is limited. the two coaches considered were both NFL unemployed and this position is an audition for them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
wonder if Zimmer/MM called Marc Columbo for the soon to be vacant oline coach position? I wouldn't be surprised if Solari will be given his pink slip. Wonder who the new dline coach will be? I hope it aint Leon Lett. We need a proven guy for that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We have to remember there's 31 other teams that will be looking at available FA's, we're not known to be active in FA, and that may be in the back of players minds. So it's good to speculate and dream, and put out rumors, but in the end it's up to the player where he wants to play at! Please give your thoughts, don't get too happy until the deal is signed!!!!!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The fact that Jerry thinks Mike Zimmer is a "home run hire" and that his idea of "all in" this year is bringing the gang back, should tell you all you need to know about this team's General Manager's ability to assess a roster in today's football.

He's delusional and awful at his job. I don't care about his success as a businessman or the team's marketability. He is trash as a football evaluator.

JBS

Reaction score
Zimmer isn’t a splash and I don’t think anyone expected a splash hire. I think we all knew that story was nonsense

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Jerry made a tinkle, not a splash.