Did Lamb run the wrong route

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dan O. is a complete boob.
He doesn't know football and has fooled a lot of people into thinking he does. I watched his breakdowns and they don't make sense. He tries to talk them into fitting his narrative and it doesn't work all the time so they don't make sense.
An NFL player (12 years at that) doesn't know football, but you do?
:lmao:

Come on now. i agree with a lot of what you say, but you are off here. Maybe not on this particular play, but in general, Dan O certainly knows football.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let’s continue to beat this bush from the perspective of an option route.

Here is the clip from Dan Orlovaky breaking it down and pay attention to the last sentence in particular. If one doesn’t want to watch the breakdown, just forward to 2:05 and then 2:30. So from here, would we argue that Dan said Lamb and NOT Dak was confused? If not Dak, who exactly is being referred to here in the statement at 2:23:

“totally confused HIM (Lamb) and the QUARTERBACK (?)”

Is he referring to Aaron Rodgers?

Or is Dan actually saying the defense baited the offense to throw the pick based upon the SAFETY look of cover 3, whole positioning themselves close to the middle and this is what RC referring to when he stated “lie, lie, lie” in regards to the Packers defense?

This brings us to the fundamental issue of where Dak zealots get the argument that Dak is being absolved?

actually watch the video again. at 1:59 mark you see that the saftey in front of CD, move up and to his right and then there is that HUGE space behind him and in front of the deep saftey, with CD about 5,10 yard space. that's the space Dak sees and as play design, CD needed to cut hard and get into that space. and when you really watch, you see as soon as CD is passed that first saftey and starts to make his cut, the ball is thrown, expecting CD to make the hard cut, instead CD runs right into the deep saftey....

thank you. this made it very clear that yes, they weren't on the same page and two, CD made the wrong read. Cooper would have made the right read and make the right cut....go watch the games from last year, this was ran multiple times with success.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m glad we started another thread on it
@khiladi is obsessed with Dak. Dak lives in his head rent free. mostly because Dak replaced Romo who he loved loved loved and still upset that Romo was benched and blames Dak for it.

p.s. just FYI, he has a shirtless poster of Romo in his bed room ceiling. :eek:

cmoney23

Reaction score
An NFL player (12 years at that) doesn't know football, but you do?
:lmao:

Come on now. i agree with a lot of what you say, but you are off here. Maybe not on this particular play, but in general, Dan O certainly knows football.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak throughout his career tended to avoid the middle of the field. He was very conservative against zone in general. Maybe with criticisms against zone coverage becoming louder for Dak, he’s thinking he needs to take more chances. And we see what is happening. Guys like Jimmy G on the other hand love the middle.

This was arguably his greatest game as a Cowboys and TB ran heavy man, single safety looks. You will see similar charts for Dak’s games. BTW, look at his only INT and where it was.

I'd like to see the Cowboys take some deep shots every now and then. Gallup and CeeDee can both go deep. And why not Hendershot in the seam?

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo got blamed for the INT on the same play because Escobar ran a lazy route vs Denver. And same as now, people who knew what's going on said the INT was more on the receiver but all Romo bashers blamed him for the INT.

Here was the play.

And here are the mediots talking about it. HOF QB Marino says receiver ran a poor route. Cowboys and Romo/Dak hater Fart Scott blamed Romo. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo got blamed for the INT on the same play because Escobar ran a lazy route vs Denver. And same as now, people who knew what's going on said the INT was more on the receiver but all Romo bashers blamed him for the INT.

.......... Sound familiar?

The worst play that I can recall by a WR that cost Dallas (and Romo) a potential Super Bowl run was this, a perfect game-winning (17 seconds left in 4th qtr) pass to eliminate the eventual SB champ Giants, but the WR stopped his route.....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Let’s continue to beat this bush from the perspective of an option route.

Here is the clip from Dan Orlovaky breaking it down and pay attention to the last sentence in particular. If one doesn’t want to watch the breakdown, just forward to 2:05 and then 2:30. So from here, would we argue that Dan said Lamb and NOT Dak was confused? If not Dak, who exactly is being referred to here in the statement at 2:23:

“totally confused HIM (Lamb) and the QUARTERBACK (?)”

Is he referring to Aaron Rodgers?

Or is Dan actually saying the defense baited the offense to throw the pick based upon the SAFETY look of cover 3, whole positioning themselves close to the middle and this is what RC referring to when he stated “lie, lie, lie” in regards to the Packers defense?

This brings us to the fundamental issue of where Dak zealots get the argument that Dak is being absolved?

CD didn't do anything with that route but run toward defenders. He picked the absolute worst direction to run. He ran a slant directly into the paths of *both* safeties. Even if he beats the one, he's running directly into the other.

It's really incredible how poor that decision was. It was the absolute worst path to take.

If he breaks hard behind the LB Dak has a window to throw.
If he runs straight upfield maybe he beats the defender downfield and Dak has a window to throw the ball.
But he ran his slant straight into the paths of 2 defenders, giving the 1st a chance to break on the ball *and* the second the ability to take away any pass over the top.

To compound the route failure, he's 20 yards downfield with a defender strangely running past him and he hasn't thought once to take a peak to see what the QB was up to.

Just such an incredible fail.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yep that was bad and as usual Romo bashers blamed Romo for that play.

That's the fraction of a second that doomed the team that Parcells built.

If Crayton doesn't pull up TO comes back the next week healthier. They had a chance that year. They came up Crayton's moment of hesitation away from defeating the eventual SB champions who beat the previously undefeated Patriots. They were a very good team.

And the failure by Crayton led to the push to sign Roy the next year and end the talent window on that team. Remember that in 2019 Austin finally gets the start and breaks out. Probably had a lot to give in 2018 too, but was buried in the depth chart with the Roy signing.

A game of inches.

Qcard

Reaction score
He's been running the wrong routes all his career, get Jefferson in here! Oh yes and ditch this old useless boring playbook
More like guessing on the fly.

CeeDee Lamb is not savvy enough yet to handle full slot WR capabilities…Safeties in the middle of the field confound Lamb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They love to break out the Microscope when their is even a hint that Dak did something wrong.

This is their time...we win this week, we will have to wait until at least Thanksgiving for these types of threads. We win Turkey Day...we will have had almost a month of reprieve from the idiocy.
Man…..I hope we ain’t his week just to shut these guys up.

Reactions: Ken

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm betting that between the staff, Dak and CeeDee, this has been cussed, discussed and that salient points have been made and accepted by all involved. Let's be patient and wait to see what happens if and when that play is called again. I'm sure it hasn't been ignored. Its effect upon our game with GB was too important for it to go unsettled or left to happen again. I believe it's been dutifully noticed and resolved by now. To ignore it would be insane.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Who cares what it lead to? It’s Friday. He cost the team points. Experts have come out on both sides of the coin. What on earth is left to talk about?

The fact that, like us, KM throws out the same plays, with the same players, with the same results. I dont care on who's to blame, i'd prefer to look at options at improving. My point is that neither Dak or CeeDee are particularly to blame.....it's a case of KM's inability to get the best out of his players and to change it up, by design or personnel on the play.