Did Manziel to Dallas just get closer to happening?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I actually think ESPN has no friggin' clue and are just putting stuff out there so they have something to write about. Put it to you this way, if Ed Werder approached Jerry and said 'You taking Manziel?', Jerry wouldn't say 'Sorry, we have no interest in Johnny Football.', he'd actually say 'Eat a flaming bag of ****, Ed.'

Agreed. I don't understand why people pay attention to things like that.

I mean, seriously. ESPN?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Here's the deal we make with Cleveland. We take Manziel off their hands if they give us their first pick. Thus we'll have two first round picks at the 2nd and 4th positions. At 2 we pick Paxton Lynch, at 4 the best player available. Then we send Manziel to play for the Dallas Desperadoes. Hey, he said he wanted to play in Dallas.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I watched Yates in college in the ACC. He screams at best average. He was average in college and has shown to be just that in the pros. Bill O'Brien can coach QB's and would start him if he felt he could win him games. They traded for Ryan Mallett and picked up Weeden. That tells you what a division winning team needing a QB thinks of Yates.

The pickings are slim when looking for a solid backup that can win games in the League. I understand that Manziel and Griffin elicit visceral responses from football fans but they are better prospects than the QB's I listed earlier if one were to be objective. I don't want Manziel because the position he plays calls for leadership, maturity, and good decision making. He shows none of that. Griffin was self absorbed and not very good in 2013 and 2014 but he at least isn't the off field wreck Manziel has shown to be...

Bottom line is...it is tough to find a capable starter let alone a capable backup. Romo is a blessing if he can stay healthy. Finding his replacement and the franchise future via the draft will be a crap shoot. So will finding a decent backup in free agency. Dallas needs both possibly this offseason. Tough evaluation must be done...

And yet he would be 1000000000000 times more effective in Dallas than either RG3 and JFF. One is a gimmick QB and one is a headcase and neither fit our offense.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
From ESPN:

NOT A LOT OF INTEREST IN JOHNNY FOOTBALL
31 of 32 NFL teams would have little or no interest in acquiring the Browns QB, according to NFL Nation reporters.

Any guess as to who the holdout is?

:(

That's wild.

That means you could basically just sign him to a minimum deal and bring him in as a camp body and see if it works out. The risk is very low. There would be a lot of attention, but so what? I'd risk it.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
From ESPN:

NOT A LOT OF INTEREST IN JOHNNY FOOTBALL
31 of 32 NFL teams would have little or no interest in acquiring the Browns QB, according to NFL Nation reporters.

Any guess as to who the holdout is?

:(

Turns out the one team with a little interest is St. Louis aka Los Angeles. If you thought his partying was bad in Cleveland, imagine Johnny in LA..

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Here's the deal we make with Cleveland. We take Manziel off their hands if they give us their first pick. Thus we'll have two first round picks at the 2nd and 4th positions. At 2 we pick Paxton Lynch, at 4 the best player available. Then we send Manziel to play for the Dallas Desperadoes. Hey, he said he wanted to play in Dallas.

th