Did Manziel to Dallas just get closer to happening?

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Who really cares. None of these qbs are worth a top 10 pick. I'll wait until round 2 or 3.

If you think none of the QBs are worth a top 10 pick ( Good/great QBs are such a premium in the NFL that even if they don't ever become Elite a la Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc., they are definitely worth a top 10 pick IMO - While hoping for elite, a Dalton, Flacco, Eli, Ryan, etc. would be acceptable ), then why the heck would you waste the 2nd or 3rd round pick? The odds of them even being just good/great plummet greatly. If the odds of getting your franchise QB in the 1st round is small, later ones are infinitesimal.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
I think so to, any other year with good crop of quarterbacks and these two would be Round 2 to 3 in the draft.

Seriously doubt that. Maybe they would slip to mid 1st rounders. Maybe. Not much further though.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'll take Manziel off the Browns hands. We'll trade a 7th rounder for Manziel and a 3rd so they can eliminate any QB controversy.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Not sure but I know if we had Stanton we would have for sure made the playoffs. He guided Arizona to 9 victories last year when Carson went down and I believe he would of gotten us a few wins.

I dont see it.HE had 55 % completion and a rating of 78.I think Weeden was way better.the cardinals won because they had a top 5 Defense,not because of Drew Stanton.If Stanton was our backup this year we would have the same result.

Ken

Reaction score
I mean it
JFF not only does not have the talent to play QB at a high level in the NFL but jerry will think of him as a future starter (preventing us from getting another qb) but would also take the distractions and media circus to a completely new level on a team that cannot manage the media attention it already gets

This would be disastrous

I really don't know how anyone could watch JF and think he doesn't have the talent to play in the NFL. I don't know if he has the head to but talent is not the problem.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I really don't know how anyone could watch JF and think he doesn't have the talent to play in the NFL. I don't know if he has the head to but talent is not the problem.

I agree on this.He has improved a lot from last season which actually surprised me,i still dont want him any where near Dallas.

slick325

Reaction score
From ESPN:

NOT A LOT OF INTEREST IN JOHNNY FOOTBALL
31 of 32 NFL teams would have little or no interest in acquiring the Browns QB, according to NFL Nation reporters.

Any guess as to who the holdout is?

:(

Lol...Avery, that 32nd team is his current team. The other 31 have no interest in Manziel according to that ESPN snippet.

Hope it stays that way...Stephen Jones, Will McClay and Garrett need to have the talk with Jerry they had before convincing him to take Zach Martin.

visionary

Reaction score
Lol...Avery, that 32nd team is his current team. The other 31 have no interest in Manziel according to that ESPN snippet.

Hope it stays that way...Stephen Jones, Will McClay and Garrett need to have the talk with Jerry they had before convincing him to take Zach Martin.

They need to lock jerry in a padded cell and gave a 'come to Jesus' talk with him

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
This is good news

Has nothing do with us. Non story here.

Now if you hear anything along the lines of Johnny Manziel to Dallas, that would be proof Jerry Jones has no business whatsoever being a GM. Manziel should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Dallas

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I hope not. Johnny and RG3 are not what this team needs.

Find your future QB in this years draft.

We just read what mincey said how before Hardy this was a family and not a team. He said that was divided when Hardy came...they don't need the immature selfish crappy player JM is...if he is brought in this team will have no chance to make the SB while Romo is playing IMO. I really hope they don't bring this kid in.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
From ESPN:

NOT A LOT OF INTEREST IN JOHNNY FOOTBALL
31 of 32 NFL teams would have little or no interest in acquiring the Browns QB, according to NFL Nation reporters.

Any guess as to who the holdout is?

:(

LOL.......gee, I have no idea who that one team is