Did Matty Ice & Tom Brady "Choke" in Romo Fashion?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yea, I know, another Romo thread.

Matty Ice has 1, thats right ONE playoff win, correct? Yesterday HE coughed up a big lead. HE threw a pick. HE fumbled a snap. HE didnt get it done at the end of the game down in the redzone.

Is Matty Ice a choker too?

How about the venerated Tom Brady? On BSPN this morning they said he is 7-7 in his last 14 playoff games. Yesterday HE screwed up with clock management at the end of the 1st half. HE didnt put up any points in the 2nd half. HE threw picks.

Is Tom CryBrady a choker too?

Or, do we put these losses on the teams?

Oh, and BTW, what about Peyton Manning? 9-11 in the post season. Threw a pick to lose the game in OT against the Ravens.

Peyton a choker too?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Soooo..Brady has been to the post season 14 times and Manning 20.

I suppose their teams drug them there every season?

Call me when Romo doesn't choke against the 30th ranked pass defense and fails to make the play-offs.

Untill then, please keep a couple of great QB's and Romo out of the same convo..:lmao:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WPBCowboysFan;4976508 said:

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/what.gif
WHAT?!?!?!

Naruto

Reaction score
The case can be made for Matt Ryan failing in spectacular Romo fashion but to even mention Brady and Manning in the same breath reeks of desperation from a delusional fan.

zack

Reaction score

Matty Ice has 1, thats right ONE playoff win, correct? Yesterday HE coughed up a big lead. HE threw a pick. HE fumbled a snap. HE didnt get it done at the end of the game down in the redzone.

How about the venerated Tom Brady? On BSPN this morning they said he is 7-7 in his last 14 playoff games. Yesterday HE screwed up with clock management at the end of the 1st half. HE didnt put up any points in the 2nd half. HE threw picks.

Oh, and BTW, what about Peyton Manning? 9-11 in the post season. Threw a pick to lose the game in OT against the Ravens.

Peyton a choker too?

The answer is certainly yes, but on this message board, no one is going to look at this objectively.

But the people here on this board are going to say:

Brady didn't choke because he's got SB rings.
Manning didn't choke because he's got SB rings.
Ryan "did"choke because he's got one playoff victory and no rings.

Brady gets rattled. The problem is, is that it doesn't happen very often. It only seems to happen as of late, in big playoff games. He didn't play well against the Ravens last year in the playoffs and he won because of a dropped pass. Most of the time Brady stands back there to look at the entire field without any pressure at all.

Manning couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards in the last playoff game. Then he scrambles with no pressure on him, throws across his body for a pick.

Ryan fumbling the ball? Not sure what that was? How about second guessing him on throwing the ball to Roddy White, when he had the more favorable match up with Gonzales on the outside.

Take Romo out of the equation. These guys simply did not play well and they should be criticized.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ryan fumbling the ball? Not sure what that was? How about second guessing him on throwing the ball to Roddy White, when he had the more favorable match up with Gonzales on the outside.

That's the difference, Ryan did not have a good game, the week before he did.

If Romo had the issues you mentioned above, it would be everybody elses fault from the center's snap, to the sun in his Tony's eyes.:bow:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
These threads are so useless. EVERY QB in the history if the NFL has choked a game or had some stinkers. The issue is consistency. All if these other guys are consistently putting their teams in a position to be in SB. Romo hasn't. I'm a Romo fan and have said we expect too much but comparing him to these guys because of one game is laughable. In fact Romo fans should applaud Ryan. On his int. the WR fell and on the fumble they didn't score. Aren't those the excuses people here use. Be objective. Did y'all see Ryan's stats besides those 2 plays? 30 of 42 for 396 and 3 TDs. Not too bad. If your going to compare these guys be consistent on how you defend Romo and yet jump these guys.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
noshame;4976524 said:
Soooo..Brady has been to the post season 14 times and Manning 20.

I suppose their teams drug them there every season?

Call me when Romo doesn't choke against the 30th ranked pass defense and fails to make the play-offs.

Untill then, please keep a couple of great QB's and Romo out of the same convo..:lmao:

/thread

zack

Reaction score
noshame;4976544 said:

If Romo had the issues you mentioned above, it would be everybody elses fault from the center's snap, to the sun in his Tony's eyes.:bow:

See, that's what I'm talking about. If Romo fumbled that snap it's on him. There isn't an excuse for that. It would be on him. But on this board, you are saying that people would try and support Romo in that scenario?

ufcrules1

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;4976545 said:
These threads are so useless. EVERY QB in the history if the NFL has choked a game or had some stinkers. The issue is consistency. All if these other guys are consistently putting their teams in a position to be in SB. Romo hasn't. I'm a Romo fan and have said we expect too much but comparing him to these guys because of one game is laughable. In fact Romo fans should applaud Ryan. On his int. the WR fell and on the fumble they didn't score. Aren't those the excuses people here use. Be objective. Did y'all see Ryan's stats besides those 2 plays? 30 of 42 for 396 and 3 TDs. Not too bad. If your going to compare these guys be consistent on how you defend Romo and yet jump these guys.

If that was Romo people here would be saying he threw for 400 yards and 3 td's.. what more do you want out of him? He needs a better team.. blah blah blah...

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
noshame;4976544 said:

Ryan had a good game the previous week? The one where he choked multiple times, throwing 2 INTS in the second half that allowed Seattle to get back into the game and even take the lead for a bit before getting lucky that his kicker was clutch making that long FG to win it.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
zack;4976550 said:
See, that's what I'm talking about. If Romo fumbled that snap it's on him. There isn't an excuse for that. It would be on him. But on this board, you are saying that people would try and support Romo in that scenario?

You supported Romo after the Washington game when he was clearly the weakest link and turned the ball over 3 times (All his fault). So, um yeah.

TonyS

Reaction score

Peyton a choker too?

I get what you're saying, but your only real argument here is Matty Ice as he's never won a SB. Brady has 3, Manning has 1. Once you get one of those, and certainly 3, all else is basically forgiven, at least for a long time.

Now, with Matty ice, you could argue that he has an elite team and still could not pull it off. Roddy White, Julio Jones, Gonzales, Turner, etc... and still blew it. But Matty was a high draft pick and has the premiere-in-waiting status, plus he plays for the Falcons, not the Cowboys.

But, I bet you hear some murmurs coming out of Atlanta if they haven't already about his performance in the clutch. He won't be immune to it.

What we have to do is not be so sensitive to the criticism Romo gets. He will have the opportunity to not seek another contract with the Boys in a year. It was his choice to re-sign a while ago and he will make the decision again here w/in the next year, unless franchised. He knows what kind of a team he has and if he still decides to sport the star for another 3-5, it will be on him. He's a big boy and can take care of himself and his legacy. It is not ours to defend.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
noshame;4976544 said:

:laugh2::laugh2:

Matt Ryan still has a lot to prove but mentioning Brady and Manning is such an obvious reach to defend Mr. Peperidge Farms. Tony chokes in the WORST possible ways in the WORST possible moments. Who on earth would have guessed that he would bobble a snap in seattle when we were 5 yards from the endzone. Who would have predicted he would have such a good game one week, then throw 3 COSTLY INTS, especially the last rainbow INT, in a win and go home situation.

That being said, Romo still gives us the best opportunity to win as of right now since there aren't too many RG3's/Andrew Luck's in this upcoming draft. But Tony's choker label is well deserved after this past season and the only people on earth that defend him and blame everything on the oline/WR's running wrong routes/Garrett not getting the play to him on time/Not having a running game/(insert whatever else you want) are people on CowboysZone.

marchetta

Reaction score
DFWJC;4976517 said:
It's says they're human, if that helps.

Of course they are. But, the OP was trying to point out, why doesn't that apply to Romo as well. Good points OP.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Peyton a choker too?

Too many facts for the Sports Pundits to comprehend, and reflect on what they use to define " choke" :);)