Did McCarthy purposefully tank

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
for a top 10 pick when he chose not to challenge the obvious Q4 incompletion?

Just want to hear opinions.
Are you serious???

No, he didn't tank. McCarthy had made so many dumb "game situation" decisions all season long that cost the team about 3-4 games. Even then, you would have rather been picking around the #16th spot than the #10th of every round?

Are you a Cowboys for or not? :huh:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

1) Your unique thought never crossed my mind. I need to work on my imagination powers.
2) Now that you mention it, it would not surprise me if Goodell finds that the Cowboys, and not the Eagles, did actually tank and penalizes the Cowboys a draft pick.

ultron

Reaction score

Should’ve tanked harder when Dak went down, but we’re in good position to add some really good defensive talent

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

:facepalm:

Down 1 in the 4th quarter, you've won 3 in a row to have a shot at a playoff spot, rallied from 14 down in this game, there are 8 minutes left, and it suddenly occurs to you...maybe this is a good time to tank? Yeah, sure.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Jesus.... why does EVERYONE have to have ability to make threads... some ppl shouldn’t...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It wasn’t obvious! He should have challenged it because it was too close not to challenge but in no way was it an obvious incompletion. It appeared the ball was trapped and the receiver used the ground to complete the catch but it was 50-50 whether they would’ve overturned the call on the field. No team tanks when they have a chance to make the playoffs. Get real!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No, there was a chance he could go to the playoffs. Why would he jeopardize that? Especially with boy wonder Kellen Moore who just signed an extension (with a wink and a handshake) looking over his shoulder.

Garrett - Wade
Moore - McCarthy

Kinda close. Even makes more sense with Moore, as McCarthy's expertise is offense.

Circle of life. Another Boy Genius replaces Fat Old HC Looking Bad. Someday.
iu

Someday I'll have to learn how to edit images too.