Did Michael get himself benched?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was a Christine Michael sighting yesterday, but it was another all too brief one. And it got me wondering why? He had a nice carry for 6 yards that looked to provide a spark, but right after, it looked like he turned to our sidelines and made a bit of a mocking gesture, opening his arms wide as if to say 'do you see what I can do?' After that move, I didn't see him in the field again and I can't help but wonder if the decision was related to that move.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
No,I think the team intended for him to play in short yardage packages only and game situation dictated that We wouldn't be using that package late in the game.

Tommy

Reaction score
There was a Christine Michael sighting yesterday, but it was another all too brief one. And it got me wondering why? He had a nice carry for 6 yards that looked to provide a spark, but right after, it looked like he turned to our sidelines and made a bit of a mocking gesture, opening his arms wide as if to say 'do you see what I can do?' After that move, I didn't see him in the field again and I can't help but wonder if the decision was related to that move.

I was hoping that was not what that gesture was about. If it was he is an idiot.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

didn't notice that but this team is getting pretty dysfunctional as a whole. we not only lost tonys athletic ability but his ability to be the leader and keep things moving. weeden looks like he belongs on a milk carton even at his age and the only threat he inspires in others is taking bets on if his voice is still changing.

it's not a matter of getting players back at this point. it's a matter of taking control and being the coach and garrett needs to do just that. weeden, in my mind, has failed as a quarterback and leader and at this point, i'm pretty sure would jack up a pizza delivery.

anyway - who knows about michael. but for someone they seemed to have thought enough of to make a trade for, many of those "aged and used up" vets are at least putting in decent numbers when given chances. at this point i don't think our rb issue is mcfadden, we just have zero consistency.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
One thing I noticed after the play is the way he shook his head, almost as if his bell got rung and he was trying to shake something off..

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

There is something VERY odd between Garrett and CMIKE......Cowboys make a trade for the player, coaches down play him, and then give him a TOKEN 1 carry a game.....There is something INTERNAL going on that Garrett is not telling us.....One play a game is just so ODD.....especially when the Cowboys have no offense and can't run the ball effectively.

IMO It appears Garrett wasn't on board with the CMIKE trade and stubbornly refuses to play him.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Is it possible he may not know the playbook. I believe they preach, knowing the playbook, knowing your assignments, and doing what you know.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Is it possible he may not know the playbook. I believe they preach, knowing the playbook, knowing your assignments, and doing what you know.

Anything is possible but he provided, albeit one play, a spark and showed the desire to run hard and prove himself. Since our coaches are against players causing a 'spark', they put McSadden in so they could enjoy watching him tip over upon initial contact.

Hailmary

Reaction score

Perhaps, but I can't imagine there's as much to learn for a RB than any other position with the exception of kicker and punter. Maybe they don't trust him with pass pro, but I think it's gotta be something else.

cej757

Reaction score
There is something VERY odd between Garrett and CMIKE......Cowboys make a trade for the player, coaches down play him, and then give him a TOKEN 1 carry a game.....There is something INTERNAL going on that Garrett is not telling us.....One play a game is just so ODD.....especially when the Cowboys have no offense and can't run the ball effectively.

IMO It appears Garrett wasn't on board with the CMIKE trade and stubbornly refuses to play him.

I think Jerry is getting pissed that C Mike is not playing. He called out the Coaching staff after the game yesterday. I expect to see changes going into that Giants game because now that game has become a must win.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
From what we saw out of 20 yesterday there is no way we shouldn't see this guy in two weeks.

Same goes for cassel

links18

Reaction score
Yeah, he seemed to taunt his own bench after that one carry. I don't blame him.....

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The staff now has two weeks to attempt to fix the offense. Everyone knows the team has been dealt a poor hand with the injuries. Regardless, what they've been doing hasn't worked. They need to make some changes, starting with the QB position. Cassel might not be any better than Weeden, but we need to at least give it a shot. Weeden is NOT getting it done. They also need to start using Michael and Escobar. Again, what they're doing now is not working. With three losses already, we can realistically only afford to lose three more games. Yes, 9-7 could win the division, but I don't want to count on it. We desperately need to win at least two of the next three, and most importantly, in NY. Unless the offense changes and starts producing, we will be out of it by early November.