Did Newman's streak end?

cowboys19

Reaction score
The one where he bit on the pump by Peyton?
If so it was fun while it lasted;)

Pretty damn hard to get 20+ games without allowing a TD

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Depends on if it was zone coverage after the snap or not....I'm sure we'll find out.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I haven't heard that it was positively his man...seemed there was some confusion about who was to do what when the receivers crossed at the line of scrimmage...could have been him, but it was more a busted coverage and a great call than actually getting beaten by the receiver.

Later on the deep pass that we challenged, he had as good a coverage as you could hope for on Harrison...it was a perfectly thrown ball and a great catch...still, TNew played a great game.

DBoys

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1174195 said:
For the last freaking time, that touchdown was on Henry, not Newman

Thats what I thought. See Newman started on Wayne but they crossed which makes it Henry's guy right?

adamknite

Reaction score
am I the only one who thinks Newman gets a lot of perfect balls caught over him, just like that Harrison one? I have a friend who is a bandwagon type of guy and he was telling me how Newman was always getting beat..... I mean good lord, is there anybody who could have covered that pass better then that?

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
I'm sorry , I missed how that was on Henry? it was a criss cross and Newman lost his man. Did Parcells say different?

DBoys

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1174219 said:
I'm sorry , I missed how that was on Henry? it was a criss cross and Newman lost his man. Did Parcells say different?

On a cross though you switch otherwise there would be a pick right?

Reaction score
Yeah he bit on that play, so the streak ended but he gave a valiant effort after coming back from that big hit he took...

goshan

Reaction score
That play was Newman's fault.
Parcells was all over him on the sidelines after the play and into the next series.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just an observation, but it looked to me like the Indy WR's ran an illegal pick play if it's the one I'm thinking about.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1174281 said:
Adam will tell us for sure any minute now, so lets hold on there.

Adam can't tell you what play was called for after the snap....nor does BP talking to him after the play mean that BP knew it was Newman's man. That would be discussed during film review....which probably won't happen as Bp said that he's not gi=onna take much time looking at the film as we have a game in 4 days.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Adam will tell us for sure any minute now, so lets hold on there.

Oh Christ it's come to this. Ending this as a topic of discussion would be the biggest reward.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
It was a busted coverage by someone. I'm sure a coach or player will explain what happened.

Newman jumped the WR screen to the outside receiver, and the inside receiver faked a block and took off down the sideline. Whether Newman was supposed to do that, and whether Henry or Davis was supposed to pick up the other guy, is what we don't know.

Even if it was against Newman, like I said the other day, it wouldn't change the fact that he has been the best shutdown cornerback in the NFL over the past 29 games -- nobody has been better at limiting catches, yards and touchdowns.