Did Newman's streak end?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Wayne was NEwman's initial WR

but like Adam said, who knows what the play was called, it looked like both Henry and Newman were to switch WR responsibility, and that didn't happen, that was a busted play more than anything else, to be beaten, you have to be covering the WR, and then lose him, noone was covering Wayne

RealityWynn

Reaction score
adamknite;1174218 said:
am I the only one who thinks Newman gets a lot of perfect balls caught over him, just like that Harrison one? I have a friend who is a bandwagon type of guy and he was telling me how Newman was always getting beat..... I mean good lord, is there anybody who could have covered that pass better then that?

This is the story of my life..
I have had countless discussions with people who call Newman trash and such and I try explain this to them..

ravidubey

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1174403 said:
It was a busted coverage by someone. I'm sure a coach or player will explain what happened.

Newman jumped the WR screen to the outside receiver, and the inside receiver faked a block and took off down the sideline. Whether Newman was supposed to do that, and whether Henry or Davis was supposed to pick up the other guy, is what we don't know.

Even if it was against Newman, like I said the other day, it wouldn't change the fact that he has been the best shutdown cornerback in the NFL over the past 29 games -- nobody has been better at limiting catches, yards and touchdowns.

I agree, and what surprised me though it shouldn't is how the run defense seemed to suffer with him out. He's a complete player who just seems jinxed when it comes to making interceptions.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
this needs to become a sticky and we MUST find out if the streak still live on.

I believe it does.

It is like a screen in basketball, sometimes you switch men

mschmidt64

Reaction score
I doubt it matters that much. When Newman locks up on his guy 1-1 every play, then I'll care.

It's an artificial stat when you are talking about something as nebulous as secondary play.

He's playing real well right now but he's got flaws in his game like any corner.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
goshan;1174255 said:
That play was Newman's fault.
Parcells was all over him on the sidelines after the play and into the next series.

I don't see how anyone can know unless a coach says explicitly or someone on the board has the Cowboys playbook.