Did not bleed silver and blue

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Ellis, Roy Williams, TO.....all three should have retired Cowboys. Now they join a bunch of losers....not saying Dallas is the best team in the NFL....but this is a top 5 organization with enough talent to never choke away games like these organizations they joined. Just unbelievable how these teams lost. And honestly, I have ZERO sympathy for them. They could not commit enough to this organization and their teammates....and now they will fade away into obscurity.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think it had more to do with salary demands, age, and youth behind them than commitment to the team, but that's just me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;2943765 said:
I think it had more to do with salary demands, age, and youth behind them than commitment to the team, but that's just me.

I agree. FA and the cap forces teams and players to finish careers some where else. We see fewer and fewer player start and finish careers at one place.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2943765 said:
disagree....

if Roy was commited to football...which means staying in shape year round, being a leader in the lockeroom, studying film, working on his technique, obsessed with playoff/super wins, obsessed with getting his name in the ring of honor....he would have been a cowboy for 10+ years. His career started out with the potential to be an ALL TIME GREAT COWBOY. Ronnie Lott said he enjoys getting his popcorn on Sundays, and sitting down and watching Roy Williams play football. Lott is a Super Bowl champ, a HOFer and an all time great. Woody went on and on about how Roy was so much better than him. Roy was not commited.

Greg Ellis should have been a LEADER on this team....he was the longest tenured Cowboy on this team..so instead of him PREVENTING the chemistry issues last year, he was in the middle of starting and/or keeping them going. He has been trying to "get cut" for years to make up for money he felt he left on the table when Dallas re-signed him. Faking injury to force Jerrys hand to pay him more....complaing about his PT and stunting the growth of other players...basically being a dissruptive force on an organization that was POISED to make a serious run at the Super Bowl. After all the losing in Dallas he expereinced....he can't stay commited enough to take advantadge of the opportunity that was right in front of him

TO...I will not even bother. The guy is a HOFer....and that is an individual accomplishent....which is probaboly enough for him

I will not be surprised if ALL THREE are out of football next year.

It did not have to end this way!!!!!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are a player and you did not go to another team to get a paycheck, you would be a fool.

This is not a situation like Aikman who needed to retire for health reasons.

So what if they went to another team...they are still trying to make money.

If your boss fires you at work and you have to take another job at a less reputable company than you do what you have to do.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2943836 said:
If you are a player and you did not go to another team to get a paycheck, you would be a fool.

This is not a situation like Aikman who needed to retire for health reasons.

So what if they went to another team...they are still trying to make money.

If your boss fires you at work and you have to take another job at a less reputable company than you do what you have to do.
So as a fan of the COwboys....you can understand why these guys were not commited to helping US while they were COWBOYS....as opposed to looking out for their own pockets?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
bbailey423;2943761 said:
Ellis, Roy Williams, TO.....all three should have retired Cowboys. Now they join a bunch of losers....not saying Dallas is the best team in the NFL....but this is a top 5 organization with enough talent to never choke away games like these organizations they joined. Just unbelievable how these teams lost. And honestly, I have ZERO sympathy for them. They could not commit enough to this organization and their teammates....and now they will fade away into obscurity.
Fine with me!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;2943842 said:
So as a fan of the COwboys....you can understand why these guys were not commited to helping US while they were COWBOYS....as opposed to looking out for their own pockets?

Ellis worked his butt off while here, even if he complained about money and playing time he still played hard and helped younger players.

TO whined and complained a great deal and hurt team chemistry, but he did work his butt off and did help younger players.

About the only person that seemed to half step it, from the three you mention, to me was Roy.

Either way they are gone.

No need to go back and harp and complain about it.

This is a team, but this is also a job to players and their financial lives. If one team is going to let them go (which is the case with all three) why would they be stupid and not get on with another team....just to keep some random cowboy fan from complaining.:laugh2:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
zrinkill;2943846 said:
So Emmitt and Larry Allen did not bleed Silver and Blue?
Emmit and Larry have 3 rings apiece....Emmit and Larry are HOFers....we are suffering through the WORST decade in franchise history...and anyone whose mind was on themselves and not winning get what they deserve.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
bbailey423;2943903 said:
Emmit and Larry have 3 rings apiece....Emmit and Larry are HOFers....we are suffering through the WORST decade in franchise history...and anyone whose mind was on themselves and not winning get what they deserve.

So Deion is more blue and silver than Dat Nguyen because he is a better player and won a Superbowl?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2943852 said:
Ellis worked his butt off while here, even if he complained about money and playing time he still played hard and helped younger players.

TO whined and complained a great deal and hurt team chemistry, but he did work his butt off and did help younger players.

About the only person that seemed to half step it, from the three you mention, to me was Roy.

Either way they are gone.

No need to go back and harp and complain about it.

This is a team, but this is also a job to players and their financial lives. If one team is going to let them go (which is the case with all three) why would they be stupid and not get on with another team....just to keep some random cowboy fan from complaining.:laugh2:
I think you are missing my point....all three cut themselves because of their lack of commitment....I seriously think Roy and TO were so full of themselves that they could not imagine Jerry would do it. now they find themselves in the blackhole of the NFL...and if they could have simply been commited to winning they could still be here. I am more or less commenting on how some great ex-Cowboys that could still be helping us have found themselves in an unbelievable situation.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
zrinkill;2943911 said:
So Deion is more blue and silver than Dat Nguyen because he is a better player and won a Superbowl?
why do you keep bringing up guys that were not a problem in Dallas. Was Dat Nguen ever a problem? Was Deion a champion in Dallas? All I am really saying is that it is unbelievable how the teams they play for lost this weekend...and I am sure on some level they are asking themselves how did this happen. Did you watch Hard Knocks for the BEngals? Did you see the look on Roys face when they informed him he could BUY a tv to put in his room in training camp?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
bbailey423;2943912 said:
I am more or less commenting on how some great ex-Cowboys that could still be helping us have found themselves in an unbelievable situation.

Like Larry and Emmitt at the end of their careers.

Both could have adjusted to Parcells way of doing things.

Larry could have kept the weight off ....... Emmitt could have stopped playing Dominos.

But they both decided to go to horrible teams for selfish reasons instead of helping a young Cowboys team get better.

Yet I still think they were true Cowboys.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2943789 said:
disagree....

if Roy was commited to football...which means staying in shape year round, being a leader in the lockeroom, studying film, working on his technique, obsessed with playoff/super wins, obsessed with getting his name in the ring of honor....he would have been a cowboy for 10+ years. His career started out with the potential to be an ALL TIME GREAT COWBOY. Ronnie Lott said he enjoys getting his popcorn on Sundays, and sitting down and watching Roy Williams play football. Lott is a Super Bowl champ, a HOFer and an all time great. Woody went on and on about how Roy was so much better than him. Roy was not commited.

Greg Ellis should have been a LEADER on this team....he was the longest tenured Cowboy on this team..so instead of him PREVENTING the chemistry issues last year, he was in the middle of starting and/or keeping them going. He has been trying to "get cut" for years to make up for money he felt he left on the table when Dallas re-signed him. Faking injury to force Jerrys hand to pay him more....complaing about his PT and stunting the growth of other players...basically being a dissruptive force on an organization that was POISED to make a serious run at the Super Bowl. After all the losing in Dallas he expereinced....he can't stay commited enough to take advantadge of the opportunity that was right in front of him

TO...I will not even bother. The guy is a HOFer....and that is an individual accomplishent....which is probaboly enough for him

I will not be surprised if ALL THREE are out of football next year.

It did not have to end this way!!!!!!!
:lmao2:

You have no idea of anyone's level of commitment to football.

If any of them are out of football it will be because they decide to retire. They all can still play.

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
For the players, it's a business and they are trying to make a living.

The players are not fans.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
zrinkill;2943918 said:
Like Larry and Emmitt at the end of their careers.

Both could have adjusted to Parcells way of doing things.

Larry could have kept the weight off ....... Emmitt could have stopped playing Dominos.

But they both decided to go to horrible teams for selfish reasons instead of helping a young Cowboys team get better.

Yet I still think they were true Cowboys.
Those teams were not on the verge of winning anything....our 13 -3 team had already swept the Giants that year....had beaten the Packers...had homefield advantadge throught....there is a reason you hear Troy saying that he think Romo will playoff games, but not sure about a Super Bowl because the window is closing. And all I am saying is that had those 3 stayed commited to finishing what this era of Cowboys have started, they would not be in the predicament they are in. Anyone who watched Greg, TO and Roy this weekend could see they can still play.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2943921 said:
:lmao2:

You have no idea of anyone's level of commitment to football.

If any of them are out of football it will be because they decide to retire. They all can still play.
I can tell if someone is commited pretty easily actually....are you in shape? are you at the OTAs with your teammates as opposed to filming reality shows. Are you taking the reins of leadership in the lockeroom as opposed to being the first to hit the showers and the door after practice.