Did not see what I hoped to see

burmafrd

Reaction score
I had hoped to see a team that was beginning to get it. I did not. I saw the same old Boys trying act like men.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
burmafrd;4350147 said:
I had hoped to see a team that was beginning to get it. I did not. I saw the same old Boys trying act like men.

What did you expect to see from a Jason Garret Coached Team....but one thing you can count on...is Hostile and other Garrett Homers will give you some stats to show Garrett is the next coming of Tom Landry.....but how has Garrett bettered the Cowboys Franchise...

Woods

Reaction score
burmafrd;4350147 said:

There's no "hiding" our OL and Secondary.

We ALL know we need better players, esp at those positions.

Quite a few posters going into this season thought we'd be around 8-8 or 9-7. It's not really a surprise given the glaring OL woes on this team.

Maybe the mild surprise was how quickly Newman faded this season. He seems like a shell of his former self - and he's repeatedly being targeted by the opponents now. Felt bad for the guy to be embarrassed like that. Anyway, it's his last season with the Cowboys. It's obvious he's done as a number 1 or number 2 CB, imo.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigdog24;4350186 said:
What did you expect to see from a Jason Garret Coached Team....but one thing you can count on...is Hostile and other Garrett Homers will give you some stats to show Garrett is the next coming of Tom Landry.....but how has Garrett bettered the Cowboys Franchise...

Have you only started watching the Cowboys during the Garrett tenure...because there is no way one could not see the same thing happen in the Parcells and Wade tenure and say that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigdog24;4350186 said:
....but how has Garrett bettered the Cowboys Franchise...

If you have to ask, then you really can't see the obvious. We are much better than the 1-7 team he took over last year.

Gaede

Reaction score
Lack of talent is one thing. Lack of passion is another.

We can point out the holes no problem, but the real reason we continue to lose game such as tonights is because we lack a competitive quality. we've got no balls,

Givincer

Reaction score
Gaede;4350232 said:

We can point out the holes no problem, but the real reason we continue to lose game such as tonights is because we lack a competitive quality. we've got no balls,

This season reminded me a lot of 2008 and 2005.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4350206 said:
Have you only started watching the Cowboys during the Garrett tenure...because there is no way one could not see the same thing happen in the Parcells and Wade tenure and say that.

Garrett was with the team under Wade....Did he not learn anything....no excuse for HC that has set nothing but FRANCHISE embarrassing records...especially for someone who wants the players to no the rich history of this Franchise.....I did not expect much from Garrett...but am utterly disappontted in his uncanning abilty to embarrss the Franchise on National TV

CoCo

Reaction score
Woods;4350195 said:
There's no "hiding" our OL and Secondary.

We ALL know we need better players, esp at those positions.

Quite a few posters going into this season thought we'd be around 8-8 or 9-7. It's not really a surprise given the glaring OL woes on this team.

Maybe the mild surprise was how quickly Newman faded this season. He seems like a shell of his former self - and he's repeatedly being targeted by the opponents now. Felt bad for the guy to be embarrassed like that. Anyway, it's his last season with the Cowboys. It's obvious he's done as a number 1 or number 2 CB, imo.

All very good comments IMO.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
burmafrd;4350147 said:

I saw a bunch of guys just running around out there. In my opinion, humble though it may be, a HC who is also the OC is a plan for failure. The HC needs to oversee both sides of the ball instead of just concentrating on the offense. The HC needs to control the game, not just the offense. Jerry and Jason need to put egos aside and hire Norv Turner to run the offense.

Here is what I would do:

Hire Norv Turner.
Fire Rob Ryan.
Fire Hudson Houck.
Fire Dave Campo.
Scrap the 3-4.
Draft nothing but offensive linemen and cornerbacks.
Spend money on quality free agents instead of has-beens or fill-ins.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigdog24;4350252 said:
Garrett was with the team under Wade....Did he not learn anything....no excuse for HC that has set nothing but FRANCHISE embarrassing records...especially for someone who wants the players to no the rich history of this Franchise.....I did not expect much from Garrett...but am utterly disappontted in his uncanning abilty to embarrss the Franchise on National TV

He was with the team under Parcells and Campo as well. Magic...I swear I did not see him here during that time.

The problems with this team go way beyond who the head coach is.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Im am utterly disgusted with this team. Im digusted with the players. I hope Newman is forced to buy his own ticket home.

While im not a Garrett supporter i dont put how bad this team is on him. They just dont know what theyre doing on the field. Just stupid players who deserve the blame.

This team needs to be gutted.

I love what ryan is trying to do with this defense. He just doesnt have smart players. Anybody who thinks Ryan is a failure is wow.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To the original OPs comments.

I did not see what I HOPED to see, but I did see what I EXPECTED to see.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Bigdog24;4350252 said:

I think we had a good draft this year. We got a good offensive lineman in the first round which would have been very unlikely if Garrett didn't have some influence. We've got a bunch of dead money, so free agents aren't going to be coming like they used to. But, a couple more good drafts and we can rebuild this team into a contender. I think Jerry trusts RHG, so we will get good players. Get rid of the dead money, plug the holes, and we're a contender again.

CoCo

Reaction score
Gaede;4350232 said:

Rob Ryan has passion off the charts and balls of steel. That, and significant talent shortage will get you just what we got this season and tonight. This game was a perfect microcosm of where this team is at right now.

O-line problems and secondary problems that you simply pray can hold together, and they don't against a quality opponent.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4350210 said:
If you have to ask, then you really can't see the obvious. We are much better than the 1-7 team he took over last year.

The Newman sympathizers jumped ship this year. The same will happen to the Garrett sympathizers next year.

Garrett was a major reason the team was 1-7 last year.

Blame it all on Wade will only get you so far. Surely Garrett-symps can come up with better excuses next year.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4350297 said:
To the original OPs comments.

I did not see what I HOPED to see, but I did see what I EXPECTED to see.

Good Comment....wanted to see well coached team that got it, played respectable tough nose football....instead got the expected....another Garrett lead Cowboys embarrssment on national TV.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4350210 said:
You mean the one that went 5-3 with Kitna but only managed 8-8 with Romo?

mldardy

Reaction score
ninja;4350315 said:
The Newman sympathizers jumped ship this year. The same will happen to the Garrett sympathizers next year.

Garrett was a major reason the team was 1-7 last year.

Blame it all on Wade will only get you so far. Surely Garrett-symps can come up with better excuses next year.
You really can't be this clueless. Wade wasn't 100% the reason we were 1-7 but he was a pretty big part of it. The defense was getting torched by Vince Young and David Garrard during that stretch. Wade had completely lost the team.