Did Parcells Slight Henson in PC? Perhaps.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I really think he was sending a message to LaTunaNostra...... Meet me at the Hilton at 7.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xQBthread.jpg

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I'm wondering why everyone is jumping on this guy about the QB thread. He caught what he thought may be a Jab at Henson from BP with the baseball analogy and was wondering what others thought and if any caught it the way he did.

Are QB threads now off limits or do you just consider any question asked about a QB a dumb question. I've always been taught and have taught the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

So IMO if you don't like the question or topic don't post no sense beating someone down for asking an honest question.

Heck I never would have thought about the baseball connection if this poster hadn't brought it up. But the way BP added the Know what I mean after the curve ball remark could very well be aimed at Henson didn't he have a real hard time with the curve ball and isn't that one of the reasons he didn't make it is because he never figured out how to hit it?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I'm wondering why everyone is jumping on this guy about the QB thread. He caught what he thought may be a Jab at Henson from BP with the baseball analogy and was wondering what others thought and if any caught it the way he did.

Are QB threads now off limits or do you just consider any question asked about a QB a dumb question. I've always been taught and have taught the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

So IMO if you don't like the question or topic don't post no sense beating someone down for asking an honest question.

Heck I never would have thought about the baseball connection if this poster hadn't brought it up. But the way BP added the Know what I mean after the curve ball remark could very well be aimed at Henson didn't he have a real hard time with the curve ball and isn't that one of the reasons he didn't make it is because he never figured out how to hit it?

Lighten up. I don't think everyone is serious. We just love to make fun at our obsession with Henson.

I can tell you for a fact that there was no slight of Henson involved in the statement by Parcells, because Henson would have first have had to hit a homerun in the big leagues before he could have been stopped from hitting "anymore homeruns", as Parcells said. :D

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Lighten up. I don't think everyone is serious. We just love to make fun at our obsession with Henson.

I can tell you for a fact that there was no slight of Henson involved in the statement by Parcells, because Henson would have first have had to hit a homerun in the big leagues before he could have been stopped from hitting "anymore homeruns", as Parcells said. :D
LOL

I agree it was directed at ware and like I said I never would have thought about henson if not for the original poster but it is funny he would use that termanolgy about the curve ball when Henson can't hit one. Wasn't it reported when he was coming to the NFL that the reason he didn't do well in BB was because teams found out he couldn't hit the curve? Just wondering.

I know some are joking but I don't think some of the NOOB's know when some are joking but some like the one RACK posted I don't see how you can take that as joking

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
LOL

I agree it was directed at ware and like I said I never would have thought about henson if not for the original poster but it is funny he would use that termanolgy about the curve ball when Henson can't hit one. Wasn't it reported when he was coming to the NFL that the reason he didn't do well in BB was because teams found out he couldn't hit the curve? Just wondering.

I know some are joking but I don't think some of the NOOB's know when some are joking but some like the one RACK posted I don't see how you can take that as joking

Some posters just take everything waaaay to serious and can't handle someone having a different opinion than their opinion. It's just football and it should be entertainment for us fans.

I've had a few go-rounds on the Henson subject with Banned and others and have been called names like POS, etc. I just ignore it as immaturity and keep on discussing the subject.

You know if you knew the ages of some of the posters on here, it might explain a lot.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
LOL

We all know that Rack goes over the top with just about every opinion that he posts...the new guy will learn it too.

BTW I think it was a jab at Henson by Parcells. The curveball comment had to be a sideswipe at Henson and was just uncalled for!! Of course everyone knows that I like to believe anything negative about Parcells anyway. :D

So that makes this a good thread for the new guy to get to know us.

Vman

Reaction score
Rack said:
Then why bother starting yet another QB thread when you know he wasn't referring to a QB

Just to tick you off. :D

JKSMITH269 said:

Thanks, JK. No need to worry though. If Rack can't discourage me, no one can. God knows he has tried.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Trust me, I haven't tried yet. What you consider "Tried" I consider a "Yawn". If I'd tried, trust me, you'd know.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Vman said:
Ya know - after I posted it - I was thinking maybe it was 'out-there'.

But the first thing that I thought of - when I heard the PC today at work - was Henson.

That was a shot at Henson.

Maybe not.

I can see how he could put that if One-look-Willie keeps up with his one-look ways that people may catch onto him ... like a homerun hitter not being able to hit a curveball ...

But I haven't listened to the PC yet ...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Parcells saw "Major League" on TV, when he could not sleep, and this stuck in his head...wraspy, chain smoker voice, "Hey, this guy hit's a ton, why hasn't anyone else picked up on him?"

Other coach, "That's enough fast balls, throw some breaking stuff."

WHIFF.:D

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Parcells saw "Major League" on TV, when he could not sleep, and this stuck in his head...wraspy, chain smoker voice, "Hey, this guy hit's a ton, why hasn't anyone else picked up on him?"

Other coach, "That's enough fast balls, throw some breaking stuff."

WHIFF.:D

I was looking for an Ace/King hand and I was dealt a Joker ...

***?

:D

Couldn't resist, BZ.

Vman

Reaction score
Rack said:
Trust me, I haven't tried yet. What you consider "Tried" I consider a "Yawn". If I'd tried, trust me, you'd know.

I'll make a mental note.

Vman

Reaction score
Rack said:
Sure you can handle it? Mental notes might be a bit advanced for you.

Arguing and fighting....where does it get us?

Easy now. You wouldn't want this to get personal, would you?

I'm actually shocked you're up this late? The short bus is coming at 8.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Vman said:
Arguing and fighting....where does it get us?

Easy now. You wouldn't want this to get personal, would you?

I'm actually shocked you're up this late? The short bus is coming at 8.

I don't mind if it gets personal. Makes no difference to me.

And you don't live here so there's no reason for the short bus to stop by.