Did Parker get penalized ?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Did Pittsburgh Steelers RB Willie Parker get a 15 yd penalty for his EZ celebration on Sunday ?

I didn't watch the game, but saw the highlights.

In his EZ celebration, he used the ball as a prop as he simulated bowling, and rolled the ball as a bowler would.

I just wondered if the NFL sweethearts got a penalty like Dallas did when Owens used the ball as a prop.

Anybody see it?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Good question, I was wondering the same thing when I saw it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I saw the play on highlights but can't say if he got a penalty. Probably not, he is a Steeler not a Cowboy.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
The Problem TO had, was he went to the ground with the ball, that is against the rules as well. He got penlized for going to the ground, not using the ball. I think there is lenacy on using the ball as a prop. As long as its not anything major.

superpunk

Reaction score
dargonking999;1246580 said:
The Problem TO had, was he went to the ground with the ball, that is against the rules as well. He got penlized for going to the ground, not using the ball. I think there is lenacy on using the ball as a prop. As long as its not anything major.
Correct. Leaving his feet. I don;t think they penalize anyone for doing anything with the ball - see TO's salvation army celebration, LT's flip, etc.

That said, why doesn't the Lambeau Leap get penalized?

Get rid of these freaking penalties, and let Chad Johnson wear his damn shoes! I'm getting tired of the No Fun League! :D

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
they talked about it on NFL network but I didn't pay enough attention. they did say the word penalty but I was doing something else.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Lambeau Leap isn't penalized because, well because it's in Green Bay and technically the celebration does not occur on the field so the refs turn a blind eye to it.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1246587 said:
Correct. Leaving his feet. I don;t think they penalize anyone for doing anything with the ball - see TO's salvation army celebration, LT's flip, etc.

Get rid of these freaking penalties, and let Chad Johnson wear his damn shoes! I'm getting tired of the No Fun League! :D

ya him getting fined for crap no one cares about is pretty stupid. Merton hanks turned narc too, I always hated him and now he gave me more reason.

superpunk

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1246593 said:
Lambeau Leap isn't penalized because, well because it's in Green Bay and technically the celebration does not occur on the field so the refs turn a blind eye to it.

Yeah. Noone cares about Canada anyway. ;)

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
superpunk;1246587 said:

Those shoes problay were the worst shoes i ever layed eyes on, BUT. they were off the chain. That was very very clever by chad. To bad the bengals lost

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
OK, so what Owens did is a penalty, but others can simulate rolling a bowling ball down a bowling lane, the Packers can run and jump into the bleachers, while others can dunk the ball over the goal-post ?

:rolleyes:

Seems fair enough.

superpunk

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1246607 said:
OK, so what Owens did is a penalty, but others can simulate rolling a bowling ball down a bowling lane, the Packers can run and jump into the bleachers, while others can dunk the ball over the goal-post ?

:rolleyes:

Seems fair enough.

There's a chance the ref was on the rag. You gotta know when to hold 'em.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
dargonking999;1246601 said:
Those shoes problay were the worst shoes i ever layed eyes on, BUT. they were off the chain. That was very very clever by chad. To bad the bengals lost

How does everyone think it would be received if Owens had pictures on his shoes of himself scoring touchdowns, or wearing a soccer shirt in the pregame and bouncing a soccer ball on his foot in front of the camera ?

Would the ESPN announcers yuk it up and say how much fun he is ?

conner01

Reaction score
i love a good celebration but i think they where getting a little carried away with the props though. just do a good dance and move on. i liked whiteshoes jonson when he played and i still think chads best was the river dance.the shoes are something that sounds silly but you do have to draw the line somewhere and the league drew the line at everyone wearing the same uniform.you gotta keep in mind that the league gets paid to wear certain shoes and uniforms so they have to abide by their agreement with the shoe companies and such.my favorite celebration this year was t.o. and the kettle

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If parker deserves a penalty then so does Steven Jackson and Julius.

Jackson throws the ball like dice when he scores and I've seen julius throw the ball underhanded while standing up.....damned near identical to Parkers bowling.

They are awfully picky but I don't know if they are going to call a guy when he throws the ball a certain way unless it is as blatant as can be.........justifying that to the league when you have a team firing down their backsides won't be very easy for that ref.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I like MB3's contempt for the football when he scores. He more or less throws it or flips it like it's burning his hand goin in for the score. He is one bad lil mo'fo...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1246630 said:
How does everyone think it would be received if Owens had pictures on his shoes of himself scoring touchdowns, or wearing a soccer shirt in the pregame and bouncing a soccer ball on his foot in front of the camera ?

Would the ESPN announcers yuk it up and say how much fun he is ?
Nope Sean Salibury and Merril Hoge would be in studio discussing what a self-centered miserable human being TO was. Tom Jackson would say "It's always SOMETHING with TO" All the analysts would be talking about how muchg TO ditracts and hurts the team while we move on to our best record in 12 seasons.

People can say that TO brings a lot of media attention to himself, buit there is clearly a double standard in the way the media chooses to represent TO compared to a Chad Johnson or Steve Smith. Sadly, I think things would be the same if Johnson or Smith wore the star. TO never got the level of negative publicity from ESPN when he was a Niner/ Eagle until 2005 when he had the break up with their wonder boy McNabb.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
windward;1247090 said:
Nope Sean Salibury and Merril Hoge would be in studio discussing what a self-centered miserable human being TO was. Tom Jackson would say "It's always SOMETHING with TO" All the analysts would be talking about how muchg TO ditracts and hurts the team while we move on to our best record in 12 seasons.

People can say that TO brings a lot of media attention to himself, buit there is clearly a double standard in the way the media chooses to represent TO compared to a Chad Johnson or Steve Smith. Sadly, I think things would be the same if Johnson or Smith wore the star. TO never got the level of negative publicity from ESPN when he was a Niner/ Eagle until 2005 when he had the break up with their wonder boy McNabb.

:hammer:

Thank you !

:worthy:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Now, WV, you of all people should know that the Stealers are rarely penalized- it really is uncanny the disparity in penalties they have compared to their opponents (at least in the games I've watched). They are 31st in penalties and penalty yards and are 7-7?!?!!? Right now, though, the league is coming up with anyway they can to get their precious darlings into the playoffs so they can rightfully defend their place as "super bowl champs" and "win" their 6th one.