Did Parker get penalized ?

proline

Reaction score
Vernon Davis got penalized for putting his foot up on the back corner pylon this weekend (like Captain Morgan). They said he was using the pylon as a prop. I thought that was pretty lame.

adamknite

Reaction score
conner01;1246631 said:
i love a good celebration but i think they where getting a little carried away with the props though. just do a good dance and move on. i liked whiteshoes jonson when he played and i still think chads best was the river dance.the shoes are something that sounds silly but you do have to draw the line somewhere and the league drew the line at everyone wearing the same uniform.you gotta keep in mind that the league gets paid to wear certain shoes and uniforms so they have to abide by their agreement with the shoe companies and such.my favorite celebration this year was t.o. and the kettle

Exactly my thoughts on the matter. Sadly there was no way the league could stop players from getting carried away without making a rule specifying exactly what was allowed. Dances no matter how stupid {remember Sapps Beyonce dance? yikes} have always been fine, spiking/rolling/tossing/dunking the ball has always been just fine. Heck the leap is a part of football.

When somebody starts pretending to row a boat, make "snow" angels, using the goal post as a fireman's pole....... you tell things are starting to get out of control since it was mainly a case of trying to outdue the other every week.

My favorite celebration, even though I hated the guy, was always the original.... TO's pulling out the sharpie. Atleast that actually meant something (signing the ball and giving it to a fan) where as Chad Johnson's/Steve Smith's looked like they were trying to get a touchdown only to show off their new celebration.

mwj473

Reaction score
Brandon Jacobs got penalized when he put the ball inside his jersey to simulate being pregnant. He had just found out he was going to be a father and did it to celebrate after one of his touchdowns. They threw the flag on him for using the ball as a prop.