Did Parson have success against Slater or the backup RT

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
For having never played a snap of DE since HS— he proved a few things to me yesterday:

1. He has great natural instincts and ability, and though outweighed by 70lbs— he won a ridiculous 40% pass rush rate.
2. He is a playmaker. His pressures drastically affected the game in key moments
3. He has a high-end motor and is relentless
4. He is a team first player and is willing to do whatever is necessary for the team to W
5. He is a competitor
6. He has a high football IQ… the kid has learned multiple positions and hasn’t missed a beat. As a rookie. What happens when the game actually slows down for him?
7. He is tough physically and mentally

Plenty impressed by this kid thus far

He went against Chaz Green. If he does it against Lane Jonson a starting RT with superior talent level then you are spot on.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
As always Cowboys fans overreacting to one game calling for Lawrence to be replaced by Parson.

Did Parson do anything against the starting LT, or did he get his own Chaz Green to bully and make himself look good?

Now if Parson has success against Lane Johnson MNF then we got something to cook with.

Seriously, how old are you? This is a true question.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Micah Parsons hasn’t played Defensive End since highschool and he was dominating in a NFL football game. It shouldn’t be downplayed.

Exactly. Imagine if Parsons had been practicing at DE all offseason long.

morasp

Reaction score
Just started watching the game but so far they been giving him extra attention on every play.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As always Cowboys fans overreacting to one game calling for Lawrence to be replaced by Parson.

Did Parson do anything against the starting LT, or did he get his own Chaz Green to bully and make himself look good?

Now if Parson has success against Lane Johnson MNF then we got something to cook with.
He wasn't having any success against him, but did against their RT.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To me Parson's plays a little light for DE. If he get's past a linemen, he's got serious closing speed. But if he get's manhandled at the point of attack he's defeated. I'd much rather he play a consistent LB position and mix him in here and there. I don't like the band aid move.

Sydla

Reaction score
To me Parson's plays a little light for DE. If he get's past a linemen, he's got serious closing speed. But if he get's manhandled at the point of attack he's defeated. I'd much rather he play a consistent LB position and mix him in here and there. I don't like the band aid move.

They have zero choice at this point especially as long as Gregory is out.

He was also our best pass rusher yesterday too.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Seriously, how old are you? This is a true question.

Going into the game the thought was Steele will be all kinds of misery for the Cowboys and yet the Chargers O/line was the one with all kinds of problems with false starts holding penalties Herbert running around . Got to give credit where it’s due the Cowboy D line and O line outplayed the Chargers.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They have zero choice at this point especially as long as Gregory is out.

He was also our best pass rusher yesterday too.

Also if your going to line Parsons up at DE wouldn’t you choose the weaker of the two tackles the other team throws out . It’s simple strategy . Lawrence has a broken foot so week to week you look at the opposition and say ok this tackle will have problems with Parsons this is the side he lines up .

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

He absolutely is too light but in this one game he beat his man 40% of the time. I’m not even sure if I have seen that before. Oh I regress, the Chad Green game…lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I want to see Lawrence back to help free up Parson but there is no doubt Parson was impressive taking on the role of DE, to me it shows versatility that this team desperately needed yesterday and he stepped and did that.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The fact that we moved him to face the backs up RT was a positive sign. In the past we would have watched him get beat by the LT all game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Dak_Attack_09 Based on you logic, how about talking Steele vs Bosa? This should be good.

We’re the Chargers giving any help to the backup OT? We’re the Chargers game planning for the backup being in there and changing some of the play calls?

DL have to play the run first too before rushing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Parsons was informed Wed that he would be playing DE 3 days before game day meaning he had 2 practice sessions to play the DE in a 4-3 alignment hand in the dirt and was able to bring pressure. This from a rookie playing out of position that is a lot to ask and yet Parson did it.