Did Philly pass Dallas as favorite to win the East

cowboyec

Reaction score
nope.
our QB is still better than their QB.
has been for a long,long time now.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I have no clue how well Tyler will play. Conner as our starting LG is a problem, so I definitely hope he's an upgrade.

I'm guessing we haven't fixed everything yet, but I don't think we're the dumpster fire some do.
Dumpster fire: of course not. Contender: of course not.

Right now setting up to be about 8-9 and hopefully a top 15 pick next year

Trajan

Reaction score
Eagles are better now then last season. Cowboys got worse in FA and so far in the draft. We are still better then Eagles, and Dak always feasts on mediocre teams.

Sad really. Instead of trying to improve and compete with the top teams instead we folded and just said….”well, maybe in another 5 years with a new QB”.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Not with hurts as the qb. People are too doom and gloom over last night. Im not a fan of our pick but keep in mind our NFC east rivals had 5 picks in the top 15. Of course they were going to add talent.

Verdict

Reaction score
With AJ Brown and Jordan Davis Philly got a lot more dangerous. Pairing Davis with Cox is going to be like Tampas defense.

Will Hurts move the ball just enough to win? Brown came from another run first offense and put up good numbers.

Right now it’s looking like a 8-9 season for Dallas if they can’t be assured of even beating Philly.
Just trying to keep it real here. I know Cox isn’t in his prime anymore, but I doubt that Davis is a plug and play improvement over Cox. Maybe on down the road, but probably not this year.

Verdict

Reaction score
With AJ Brown and Jordan Davis Philly got a lot more dangerous. Pairing Davis with Cox is going to be like Tampas defense.

Will Hurts move the ball just enough to win? Brown came from another run first offense and put up good numbers.

Right now it’s looking like a 8-9 season for Dallas if they can’t be assured of even beating Philly.
As for the AJ Brown acquisition, I think shorter term this may be a win, but longer term this will prove to be a loss for Philly. That is occupying a TON of cap room at WR. The Titans were willing to part with him for a reason. Usually that is smoke that no one knows is there.

Verdict

Reaction score
Eagles are better now then last season. Cowboys got worse in FA and so far in the draft. We are still better then Eagles, and Dak always feasts on mediocre teams.

Sad really. Instead of trying to improve and compete with the top teams instead we folded and just said….”well, maybe in another 5 years with a new QB”.
I’m my limited knowledge opinion, I think the Giants helped themselves a lot more than Philly did last night. Giants seem fairly competent again which causes me heartburn because I despise that pencil-necked-geek, Mara.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of Eagles suckage especially from the usuals. To be expected. Then again they will do that for any team not name the Cowboys, the team they are supposed to be a fan of.

they did ok, but not enough to say they are the new favorites.
They gave $100 million to a WR when they could have had one that has better potential for less.

I like Davis at DT. But he is more of a run stiffer than anything else. From what I read anyway. Doesn’t mean he can’t rush the passer. Very nice pick though.

But as long as Hurts does not improve, their WR’s will fair no better than when Wentz was there. I am not concerned. But they will vie for the division as usual.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Just trying to keep it real here. I know Cox isn’t in his prime anymore, but I doubt that Davis is a plug and play improvement over Cox. Maybe on down the road, but probably not this year.

People keep talking about Cox, but misremember that we had yet another DT play in the pro bowl last year: Javon Hargrave is a manimal.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People keep talking about Cox, but misremember that we had yet another DT play in the pro bowl last year: Javon Hargrave is a manimal.

I have always envied the Eagles constant good DL and the front 7. I can’t understand why Jerry and the FO can’t realize how to go get this done.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I really like Jordan Davis, but he also reminds me of a guy that’s too good to be true.

I can see the guy being in the shop for repairs a lot.

That said, I’d be thrilled to have him. Eagles got better with him.

I’m only meh with Brown.

Imagine big beefy Vince Wilfork lining up in the middle of that Patriots dynasty defense. QB drops back, starts to roll out to his right, nothing there, so he books it to the sideline to pick up the first down. How comical would it have looked if big Vince tried to chase him down? Rumbling, stumbling, bumbling...

giphy.gif

Jordan Davis is 40 pounds heavier than Vince Wilfork, and 150 lbs heavier than that QB he just ran down.

It doesn't even look real, like someone took a highlight of JJ Watt or Aaron Donald and superimposed Jordan over it. Dude ran a 40 yard time better than Pat Mahomes, Dak Prescott, or Jameis Winston....

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I have always envied the Eagles constant good DL and the front 7. I can’t understand why Jerry and the FO can’t realize how to go get this done.

I 100% believe it all stems from how the super bowl teams were portrayed in the 70's and 90's. It was all about Staubach, Dorsett, Smith, Aikman, Pearson, Deion, Irvin.

Randy White, Charles Haley, Ed Jones will never get the credit they deserve from Jerry. They aren't the flashy glitz and glamour 'Boys that he's accustomed to... they're just nice pieces that allowed the stars to shine. 30 Years later, he's still trying to hold on to that feeling of what Dallas is. It's not the middle of the defense, the DT's the MLB's, the S's. The guys shoveling mud play in and play out. It's the flashier outside positions, and I think it will continue to be as long as Jerry is alive.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMO— yes. They run the ball well, and that D just got even nastier up front. They found a solid identity by the end of the year, while the wheels fell off spectacularly in Big D.

Their achilles heel in Philly is the QB and secondary— but their roster has improved and Dallas has regressed.

The gap between the two teams has shrunk and it’s clear their FO is miles ahead of ours. I see both teams as 8-9, 9-8 rosters— but if Hurts takes even a slight step forward in development, Philly can win the East.

This year has 8-9 written all over it for Dallas
People talk about us beating bad teams last year, but the Eagles couldn't even compete on the field with good teams. They are better, but still pretty far from us talent wise

Jimbo123

Reaction score
People talk about us beating bad teams last year, but the Eagles couldn't even compete on the field with good teams. They are better, but still pretty far from us talent wise

Still pretty far from us talent-wise, I'm not sure. Teams win in the trenches. Both DL and OL go to the Eagles. Cowboys are no longer better at skilled positions, save QB. Cowboys' LBers and secondary are better.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Still pretty far from us talent-wise, I'm not sure. Teams win in the trenches. Both DL and OL go to the Eagles. Cowboys are no longer better at skilled positions, save QB. Cowboys' LBers and secondary are better.
QB's matter. Philadelphia has good lines, but not elite. Same as us. There secondary is still a mess. They got better, and they still have a good amount of capital the next two years. But they arent there yet. I think they are still a good 2 to 3 games behind us

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Personally, I believe 8 games is a reach with the FROG GIGGER formally known as Dakota Prescot at QB. Besides the Gigger, there are too many holes to fill and the way JJ and Co attacked the FA market this team might not finish better than 3 in their division.

Adreme

Reaction score
Philly has a lot of good (young) players now but they still have a bad QB and that means you cannot be the favorite to win anything.