CFZ Did Prescott crater under the pressure?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak obviously did not play well, but it's too easy to make 3 points about one person. It's also letting other people off the hook.

It starts with the QB. I get it. He was not good. But Noah Brown was #2 (not his fault, but he's not a #2), Steele stunk, Tyler Smith was playing his first game, and Farniok got bullied. Then there's our illustrious play caller, whose gadget plays mostly blew up and put the offense in a bad position.

Who decided this combination was good enough? Jerry? Stephen? Mike? All of them? It falls on them. Now they're asking Rush to bail them out.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Dak obviously did not play well, but it's too easy to make 3 points about one person. It's also letting other people off the hook.

It starts with the QB. I get it. He was not good. But Noah Brown was #2 (not his fault, but he's not a #2), Steele stunk, Tyler Smith was playing his first game, and Farniok got bullied. Then there's our illustrious play caller, whose gadget plays mostly blew up and put the offense in a bad position.

Who decided this combination was good enough? Jerry? Stephen? Mike? All of them? It falls on them. Now they're asking Rush to bail them out.
the cowboys wont beat the bengals sunday they will lose by at least 14 the were not going to beat the bengals if dak prescott played joe burrow is to good

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.
No....he didn't getting playing time with his new receivers during preseason. He's good, but not great and should have gotten the reps

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
Dak got $126 million guaranteed. He’s done with football. He was way overpaid for his skill level. He isn’t alone. Many QBs are overpaid and some were woefully underpaid. They should dump him and draft a QB next year as its going to be a very strong QB next draft. I will bet they will watch merchandise sales of #4 and let it strongly influence what they do. The Jones are in it for the money. Everyone knows this by now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They will run Dak into the ground. JJ will try to bring him back early. He don’t care if he is not ready. He has him set up to fail. He will change his tune though when it’s time to resign him. It’s like he is doing it so he can resign him cheaper if he can still play.. Otherwise he will ditch him. I don’t see him trying to get the next starter. He got someone that could drive the bus if you keep the talent around him. He isn’t brady or rogers. Now I am not as sold on the Defense as I was. But not going to gauge after 1 game. It maybe the bucs are going to be a SB team. Might be why brady came back 1 more time..

Ken

Reaction score

I think the answer he gives in relation to the OL and WRs is what you are supposed to give as a QB of the team. He can't come out (not yet IMO, not enough skins on the Wall) and question the moves that are made.

No matter the situation, he gives a positive answer, that is just who he is.

It isn't up to him to put the players out there.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The pressure broke him........then again before you feel tears for him remember he has over 200 million $ and 20 % of our Cap to console him!
Who's going to console us as we are without glory and millions for 27 years and counting......

Ken

Reaction score
the cowboys wont beat the bengals sunday they will lose by at least 14 the were not going to beat the bengals if dak prescott played joe burrow is to good
Joe Burrow was 10-7 last year.

Reactions: CWR

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dak is a guy who tends to play to the sum of the parts around him. And on Sunday, those parts were as sketchy as they've ever been in 7 years.

This offseason was literally just subtraction by subtraction. We lost 5 starters from last year's offense in Cooper, Collins, Connor Williams, Cedrick Wilson, and Tyron Smith, and replaced them with basically Tyler Smith and nobody. We subbed out Cooper with Noah Brown, for crying out loud.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

He had a lost look for sure, could be alot of things, he needs to get right in the head while he is out. Again we dont know whats happening in the inner circle but it seems to me that even watching Lamb and others there was that same "What the Hell are we doing" look on offense...you start at the coach and work your way down in my book..cant change all 11 players on the field you can however change the voice they are hearing...

Nexx

Reaction score
when you know your QB has very mediocre arm talent, lost a step after a horrific injury, his best asset is leadership and you pay him like an elite QB and expect elite play is a mistake.

Haimerej

Reaction score

I understand that sentiment, but at the same time I think he's been propped up by the same thing. You may remember on the old site I was critical of him and wanted Romo to return during his rookie season. I thought Romo was the more complete QB and the offense was limited with Dak.

But that didn't matter because they were winning. That bought him a lot of goodwill amongst the fans and he's been shielded from criticism by a big chunk of the fanbase ever since. They saw him win 13 games and feel like all the shortcomings since then are the fault of others- coaching, blocking, Zeke, defense, etc.

Obviously now the fans are turning on him, but for those who have felt he was limited since the get go, it sure seemed like he was considered a golden boy whose failings were always pushed onto others over the last 6 years.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

giphy.gif

visionary

Reaction score
Yes he cratered but under the weight of his own ineptitude

The guy can’t read defences, the offense is limited to curl routes and he can’t throw accurately with anticipation. Watch Broaddus video, he clearly states that “Dak was not seeing the field”. He can still be effective off schedule but you can’t design an offense that way and he can’t run as injuries are piling up. I had posted in the off season that he should give Peyton Manning 1 million to teach him how to read defences but of course he’s got too big a head to understand what he lacks and how to fix it. He’s the main problem and he has to go