CFZ Did Prescott crater under the pressure?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Just repeating what the person i was responding to said.

You are such a homer! But, you know what I like about you? For as much grief that guys like me and others give you about Dak or the Boyz in general, you are always so respectful in your responses. That is an admiral trait to have and I think you have it.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Dak's problems are technical, not character. He just can't do the things we need him to do.
and with that being said it is the gm's duties to know these limitations before signing 20 percent of our cap dollars to such a player or at least not sign him at that price. But we are talking Jerry Jones here.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
This was a big game for him especially after the last game he played.
Against SF with pressure on he folded like wet cardboard but hey it happens... then by all accounts he had best off season ever. Totally healthy and mentally focused is all we got thrown at us all off season. This will be his breakout year....
First swing out of the box and the vatto is pure trash....not one single positive about his game. Nothing!!!!
Time to cut losses and reboot.

75boyz

Reaction score
'
Usually we can have a good disagreement on Dak, if your insinuating he is faking injuries to stay of the field...thats ridiculous....

Not saying it will definitely happen in this particular case but that I will say I have witnessed my fair share of that type of behavior from athletes in the spotlight in the past.

I always respect your opinion as well man.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not saying it will definitely happen in this particular case but that I will say I have witnessed my fair share of that type of behavior from athletes in the spotlight in the past.

I always respect your opinion as well man.

Im pissed also, he played crappy for sure and its several games now....Im more angry we here all this "We are going to do this" and "Im not gonna put up with that" crap and here we are watching the OC do exactly what they said we would not do...Wasted a good Defense performance and in the end if we are not going full dumb on passing the ball all game again Dak may not be injured...For the record I want this HC to either grab the offense or be gone with boy wonder ...if the next coach says I need a new QB i am 100% behind him, i was there after the playoff lose last year..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.
I reject your amateur psychoanalysis in its entirety. This is more of a look into your mind than his.

75boyz

Reaction score
Im pissed also, he played crappy for sure and its several games now....Im more angry we here all this "We are going to do this" and "Im not gonna put up with that" crap and here we are watching the OC do exactly what they said we would not do...Wasted a good Defense performance and in the end if we are not going full dumb on passing the ball all game again Dak may not be injured...For the record I want this HC to either grab the offense or be gone with boy wonder ...if the next coach says I need a new QB i am 100% behind him, i was there after the playoff lose last year..

I know man, the offense has gotten to where it's painful to watch when we try to throw the ball.
I think the CZ poster visionary said Mac, Moore and Dak can all go. I said to throw in the GM and just start from scratch, lol.

I wanna complete do over team build. With a different team builder, haha

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
When are we all going to accept the fact that Prescott is the definition of average i.e. like the 16ish range of QBs. This is true because he is so hot and cold if you are getting 100s on half the tests and 0s on the rest you are goi g to get a 50 (assuming equal weights). Unfortunately for us he is usually cold when we need him the most and the defense is playing well.

I don't care about the talent around him because he got paid as if none of that should matter and that's what his agent sold and his agent is a proxy for himself.

We aren't going to win a Superbowl with Dark. Period I don't care if you bring Tom Laundry back from the dead and somehow get Cooper Kupp it would be the same story.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.
Excuse me I need to throw up

Let him wipe His tears with His Cash Nd of that Don t work . . . let him use the in soles of His Jordans

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I've said it before; he should see a sports psychologist, if he doesn't already.

shabazz

Reaction score
Joe Burrow was 10-7 last year.

yeah, but went 3-1 in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Dak went 0-1 losing to a wildcard team

it’s mind boggling that some don’t understand strength of schedule and how many wins against crap teams meant absolutely nothing…….and that some think the regular season means more than the playoffs:rolleyes:

shabazz

Reaction score
I've said it before; he should see a sports psychologist, if he doesn't already.

great point. Many leaders in business and other occupations utilize “life coaches” which can be anything from motivators up to and including psychiatrists.

NotForLong

Reaction score
They will run Dak into the ground. JJ will try to bring him back early. He don’t care if he is not ready. He has him set up to fail. He will change his tune though when it’s time to resign him. It’s like he is doing it so he can resign him cheaper if he can still play.. Otherwise he will ditch him. I don’t see him trying to get the next starter. He got someone that could drive the bus if you keep the talent around him. He isn’t brady or rogers. Now I am not as sold on the Defense as I was. But not going to gauge after 1 game. It maybe the bucs are going to be a SB team. Might be why brady came back 1 more time..
please people. . . . Stop saying that they are gonna resign Him

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the answer he gives in relation to the OL and WRs is what you are supposed to give as a QB of the team. He can't come out (not yet IMO, not enough skins on the Wall) and question the moves that are made.

No matter the situation, he gives a positive answer, that is just who he is.

It isn't up to him to put the players out there.
He needs to give better answers in private, to the coaches and Jerry.

NotForLong

Reaction score
i think people need to stop thinking what is wrong with dak or how can cowboys fix dak

this is just what he is he is not a good nfl qb he never was and he never will be

what is he good at lol he does not have a good and accurite arm, he has maybe the lowest football iq and pocket awarness and presence for any nfl qb and now he cant even run any more

there is good reason why any time any little thing go wrong...tyron is out or amari is out or have a bad game the entire offense just crater

what is there to fix.....there was nothing there to start with!
Exactly . . . the pity party for the Man with a 1/4 of a Billion Dollars is ridiculous

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen got exposed the most Sunday. They built a flawed roster on hope instead of skills. They hoped Tyron would be healthy, hoped CeeDee would be a #1, hoped Dak would play at an elite level, hoped Moore has talent, hoped they could run the offense through Elliott.

Dak is getting most/all of the hate and that's not entirely fair. Dak deserves some criticism because he, along with Elliott and Lawrence commanded big money for average play. And Dak is the QB and human beings are lazy so they want a scapegoat. I feel Dak will be a backup QB along the lines of Flacco and Fitzpatrick but in my mind that's a symptom of the problem. The main problem is we have an inbred organization that only hires family or coaches they can control. This organization is so inbred with nepotism that it makes the Texas Chainsaw Massacre family look like the Leave it to Beaver family. Anyway to sum up this rant our inbred organization builds a team based on hope and not on unemotional analysis of skill.
You have amateurs running the team.
Neither Jerry nor Stephen came up through the ranks of a football operations and had to prove their abilities along the way.
They are constantly making poor decisions that cost the team dearly.
I would even say with strong conviction that this team will never win anything of consequence with them in charge.
That's fairly safe to say given the last 27 years of futility.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Dak is a yes man, a company guy if you will. He is the opposite of rogers. Rogers called out his receivers in camp, something Dak would never do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This was buy far Dak's worst game of his career. But some of this was predictable. People were warned. Bad Oline, thin at receiver, great Bucs defense.

Its one game. With a full compliment last year, Dak came out and threw for nearly 400 yards and 3 TD's.
Yep, a horrible performance. And the game went pretty much like some of us and the local beat writers and critics said it would go.

And I was even laughed at for suggesting we rest Dak from risk of injury in a game and matchup which didn’t favor good results .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep, a horrible performance. And the game went pretty much like some of us and the local beat writers and critics said it would go.

And I was even laughed at for suggesting we rest Dak from risk of injury in a game and matchup which didn’t favor good results . A game basically we couldn’t win.

This was so predictable. Some of us tried to warn the faithful. I even told be to take the under.