CFZ Did Prescott crater under the pressure?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.
We’ve seen him play some really bad games . This is just fresh on our minds .

But I do agree he was toting the hype rhetoric following Jethro. And that’s a dangerous tight rope .

It’s why our owner won’t be on the field cause everyone would boo him off of it and throw everything at him. Maybe worse .

Dak also has called out our fans bashing band wagon fans . It’s just not a good position for your star QB to take. Especially one who hasn’t met up to expectations .

This could be the beginning of the end for him here in Dallas. It will depend on how we do moving forward. I suspect though that his absence will prove his value here. We shall see.

But it would serve him well to shut the hell up and just play. He has enough going against him already.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Yes he cratered but under the weight of his own ineptitude

The guy can’t read defences, the offense is limited to curl routes and he can’t throw accurately with anticipation. Watch Broaddus video, he clearly states that “Dak was not seeing the field”. He can still be effective off schedule but you can’t design an offense that way and he can’t run as injuries are piling up. I had posted in the off season that he should give Peyton Manning 1 million to teach him how to read defences but of course he’s got too big a head to understand what he lacks and how to fix it. He’s the main problem and he has to go

Other issue is when he sees it he doesn't trust his eyes. That's why he hitches so much. There was a pass to CeeDee where he hitched then threw and it was behind him. Hit his hands but wasn't caught. Had he thrown it to the same spot when he hitched, CeeDee catches it in stride and still had the initial separation from the cut.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry didn't do Dak any favors. The offense just isn't very good and it showed. And now Dak has pressure to try to carry the team which I don't think he can do and that showed. The pressure got to him Sunday. He looked bad. As bad as I've ever seen him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.

I don't understand the basis for that. Just because he talks a big game means nothing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This was buy far Dak's worst game of his career. But some of this was predictable. People were warned. Bad Oline, thin at receiver, great Bucs defense.

Its one game. With a full compliment last year, Dak came out and threw for nearly 400 yards and 3 TD's.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Wow! Excellent post........I mentioned the same thing in another thread. It's no different from getting a big promotion but now you have to prove you deserve it.

bewp7

Reaction score
i think people need to stop thinking what is wrong with dak or how can cowboys fix dak

this is just what he is he is not a good nfl qb he never was and he never will be

what is he good at lol he does not have a good and accurite arm, he has maybe the lowest football iq and pocket awarness and presence for any nfl qb and now he cant even run any more

there is good reason why any time any little thing go wrong...tyron is out or amari is out or have a bad game the entire offense just crater

what is there to fix.....there was nothing there to start with!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Great write up.
A person can only take so much pressure.
It might be good for both parties if their was some way they could
go their seperate ways.
The Money part however, is a huge hurdle.

75boyz

Reaction score
It's been mentioned here previously but I would have thought that Prescott, McCarthy and Moore would have collectively came up with something to beat these 6 and 7 defender zones but there is probably a simple reason why they havent.

It boils down to Dak making many more consistent stick throws that he just can't consistently make.

And I believe he knows this. And that is the pressure. Him facing the fact that he's just not that consistent type pocket QB who will challenge a dee by precision passing. He's not that. Never was. And he knows it. And it has finally caught up.

Kellen and Mike can do their best to scheme and keep fingers crossed for Gallup and CeeDee to make acrobatic too high or behind them type catches.

Dak is feeling the pressure and he knows he probably is not capable to overcome what the defenses have figured out.

Physically, I bet several different malingering type injuries begin to coincidentally start occurring even more and more often because of the inability to handle this pressure.

jmo

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak obviously did not play well, but it's too easy to make 3 points about one person. It's also letting other people off the hook.

It starts with the QB. I get it. He was not good. But Noah Brown was #2 (not his fault, but he's not a #2), Steele stunk, Tyler Smith was playing his first game, and Farniok got bullied. Then there's our illustrious play caller, whose gadget plays mostly blew up and put the offense in a bad position.

Who decided this combination was good enough? Jerry? Stephen? Mike? All of them? It falls on them. Now they're asking Rush to bail them out.
Jerry and Stephen got exposed the most Sunday. They built a flawed roster on hope instead of skills. They hoped Tyron would be healthy, hoped CeeDee would be a #1, hoped Dak would play at an elite level, hoped Moore has talent, hoped they could run the offense through Elliott.

Dak is getting most/all of the hate and that's not entirely fair. Dak deserves some criticism because he, along with Elliott and Lawrence commanded big money for average play. And Dak is the QB and human beings are lazy so they want a scapegoat. I feel Dak will be a backup QB along the lines of Flacco and Fitzpatrick but in my mind that's a symptom of the problem. The main problem is we have an inbred organization that only hires family or coaches they can control. This organization is so inbred with nepotism that it makes the Texas Chainsaw Massacre family look like the Leave it to Beaver family. Anyway to sum up this rant our inbred organization builds a team based on hope and not on unemotional analysis of skill.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's been mentioned here previously but I would have thought that Prescott, McCarthy and Moore would have collectively came up with something to beat these 6 and 7 defender zones but there is probably a simple reason why they havent.

It boils down to Dak making many more consistent stick throws that he just can't consistently make.

And I believe he knows this. And that is the pressure. Him facing the fact that he's just not that consistent type pocket QB who will challenge a dee by precision passing. He's not that. Never was. And he knows it. And it has finally caught up.

Kellen and Mike can do their best to scheme and keep fingers crossed for Gallup and CeeDee to make acrobatic too high or behind them type catches.

Dak is feeling the pressure and he knows he probably is not capable to overcome what the defenses have figured out.

Physically, I bet several different malingering type injuries begin to coincidentally start occurring even more and more often because of the inability to handle this pressure.

jmo

'
Usually we can have a good disagreement on Dak, if your insinuating he is faking injuries to stay of the field...thats ridiculous....

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm not his biggest fan, but even the biggest supporters of Dak Prescott must be concerned. Last season, given that he had just come off such a serious injury, he was quite superb against the Bucs. I thought wow fair play, credit where it's due. He continued performing well for several games but then as has happened in the past, he lost his form and his levels have been inconsistent ever since.

I was expecting a pretty average performance on Sunday but tbh he was very poor against the Bucs on Sunday. Yes, there were a lack of weapons for him, Pollard was embarrassing in pass protection but in reality the offensive line played pretty well for the most part and created some nice running lanes for Zeke. Yet, Prescott was very poor. He only hit receivers with huge separation and struggled fitting the ball in tight windows against a strong defense. Whilst people criticise a quarterback like Carson Wentz, watch how he played against the Jags. He made a couple of really bad throws but kept slinging it and in my view, he was the main reason why Washington eventually won the game with some great throws - it was a bit like watching old school Romo.

On Sunday Prescott looked sluggish when trying to take off using his wheels and badly struggled throwing the ball - albeit against a strong front seven.

There are genuine red flags being waved and alarm bells ringing now for a quarterback with a lot of money tied into him over the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Aftershock

Reaction score
His face was screaming a big sigh of relief when his thumb got injured. I could tell as he was running to the trainer and into the locker room. Normally you see players look angry and try to think of a way or ask the trainer to fix it somehow so he can get back into the game. Nope, Dak looked like he couldn’t wait to go back into the Locker room as if a bunch of naked cheerleaders were in there

He just wanted to get out of that mess. 90,000 angry fans in a giant stadium all pointing the finger at you. No idea what that feels like.

I don’t feel bad for him at all. He is going to live comfortably for generations to come down to his great grand children.

Swagger

Reaction score
The reason I brought up Wentz wasn't to get into a he's better than Dak etc but despite all his injuries and being chucked out of various teams he can still play and really throw the ball. I was concerned to see how badly Prescott was throwing the ball but perhaps it was mainly because of a lack of reps pre season - however I think it's more physical, mental or both and I'm unsure if he will be able to reproduce his best again.