Did Romo make Robinson better?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Obviously playing with a very good QB will raise the level of WR play. So in that sense, Romo did make him better. Also, he stayed healthy. As others have stated, the guy has always been talented but could not stay on the field.

If he goes to Jacksonville, he'd be lucky to finish with 750 yds as their #1 WR given their QB play. But they're going to pay him so i dont blame him if he goes there.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4456109 said:
Royal is going to Washington. We slept on another one.

Frankly, we can't do anything until the Carr deal is done due to the cap situation.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't think there's any doubt that Robinson benefitted from Romo.

To be fair, he doesn't look completely lost out there either.

I think it was just a perfect storm type of situation and for whatever reason, they just "worked".

For all the BS about Romo/Roy chemistry, Romo/Robinson is the complete opposite. Immediate chemistry and a great pair.

I don't want to lose Robinson because I don't think it's likely you find a #3 who can do what he did or who would be on that level with Romo so soon.

I can't imagine that teams can look at this situation and think it will happen again somewhere else with a guy like Blaine Gabbert being involved.

I think Robinson know's his best football days are in Dallas but he also can't ignore that his best paycheck probably isn't.

I respect that he's said he's willing to give Dallas every chance to match.

I really want him back.

RS12

Reaction score
They both made each other better. QB usually makes the reciever but Robinson was best at breaking the route off and working back to Romo when he was in trouble (too often). Have a hunch Gabbert doesnt make him better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4455951 said:
So I'm thinking about the Robinson situation and the more I think about it the more I am not as concerned a I was about losing him. I mean, I would still want to have him back because I think he and Romo had a good rapport going but the truth is he was with a few other teams and he didn't pan out.

I'm thinking that maybe it as Romo who made him stand out and he needs this kind of QB to be at his full potential. With that said, maybe getting a guy like Doucet or Royal wouldn't be such a bad thing considering the money that will now be thrown at Robinson.

My question would be why would Doucet or Royal take less when they have posted similar numbers?

As for who made who? I give credit both to the QB and the WR.

It is like those who tried to claim TO made Romo, that was no more true than claiming Romo made Robinson. Fact is a good WR and a good QB make each other better.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4456247 said:
My question would be why would Doucet or Royal take less when they have posted simular numbers?
I was thinking that too. I suspect that they will get similar deals.

sacase

Reaction score
They helped each other that. If you don't understand that then you haven't played the position. Robinson knew exactly what to do when plays broke down, how to get to where his QB can see him. If Robinson doesn't do that, then Romo won't be able to make a play. Robinson caught most of the balls thrown to him and he knew how to get in the endzone. Romo did his part as well, buying more time and seeing Robinson. Like another poster said, it was the perfect storm, these two guys had instant chemistry. They just knew where the each other were and Robinson knew how to get open. you can't teach that. That is football instinct. Robinson has always been a talented guy, he has just been hurt alot. Its not like he is just some scrub who was never talented in the first place.

strongbomb3

Reaction score
If you say Romo made Robinson then ur saying all our recievers suck. I think Robinson played the best from all our recievers last year and he was not even the number 1 target. No doubt he is a very good reciever and well worth the money he will get.

ringmaster

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4455956 said:
Romo made Robinson, period. Robinson didn't just magically flip a switch when he got here.
I see what you're saying SD, but remember he did play in an identical offense in San Diego and the learning curve wasn't that steep for him and yes he did seem to pick up steam when he got to Dallas with Romo, at QB.

I don't blame him for wanting more money I actually blame the market and look what Calvin Johnson got today a $132,000,000 contract, with 60 million guaranteed and that is insane not comparing Robinson to Johnson at all but if he wants to play for Dallas as he's been indicating all along then he should want to come back to a team with a offense he flourished in but he has to see what his market value is worth and if he doesn't get re-signed then I wish him the very best and the team will go with plan B whatever that may be.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think Robinson helped Romo a lot too. The guy seemed to grasp the playbook fairly quickly. Also, the guy just would not stop, he was constantly trying to get open whether it's crossing the field or coming back toward the LOS, he'd work to make himself visible and open. good work ethic

Brian_C82

Reaction score
Getting rid of Robinson would be a big mistake. He has great hands, great fundamentals, and he caught 11 TD's last season. Miles and Dez are simply too inconsistent. It's going to be a long season if either one of them goes down and Robinson isn't there to pick up the slack.

Robinson is also an underrated athlete. He ran a 4.38 at the combine with a 39" vertical jump. The main reason he didn't pan out before coming to Dallas was because of injuries and lack of opportunity. I'm not at all convinced that he isn't a starting caliber WR.