Twitter: Did Stephen Set the Bar?

visionary

Reaction score
NFC Championship/Super Bowl or Bust for JG. We’ve said it here but is he confirming? I’d rather just fire him now

at ATT stadium?

yes, I’m told that Stephen was intimately involved in designing all the bars, drink selection, choice of bartender etc

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Stephen set the bar for how to obtain a high-level executive position without actually accomplishing anything.

Ownership has it's privileges. It's not a public team so if you own the team you have the right to make the decisions. Unfortunately for us that is the Jones'

InTheZone

Reaction score
If I was gm it's a "regardless you're fired" type of situation

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NFC Championship/Super Bowl or Bust for JG. We’ve said it here but is he confirming? I’d rather just fire him now

I think fans misinterpreted this as an ultimatum for this year.

I think Stephens intentions were more of a broader appeal that winning championships was and is still the ultimate goal.

And while advancing further this year which would mean reaching the championship was the obvious illustration of improvement didn’t intend for it to be an all or nothing for Garrett.

But this is the thin line you walk on when you are wearing both hats in promoting your product selling hope as owner while also running football operations. When it doesn’t meet these expectations you set then you must serve up scapegoats or sacrificial lambs.

I don’t believe they had intentions of making this an all or nothing season for Garrett as parting ways with Jason is last thing Jerry wanted. Instead Jerry could have served up asst coaches which this year could have been on the defense.

But Jerry after the Patriots game went too far this time in his rants and public criticism in his usual attempts pleading to fans he saw why we were losing which has created or punctuated this toxic environment in which you can’t have success. And now he’s going to have to make the decision he’s been avoiding for years and why he’s so distraught.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it more than likely Stephen finally set a bar for Garret than Jerry changing his mind about Garret. Jerry will believe JG is a great head coach until the day he is no longer among us. He's still defending him in the media.

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
At some point Jerry will be drinking out of a zippy cup and Stephen will have total control. We will see then whether we hire a GM and let the pro's take over. .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is just a younger, cheaper version of Jerry.
I dont see Stephen as a younger Jerry. He’s completely different.

And someday assuming Jerry will die at some point will not run the Cowboys in the same flamboyant egotistical celebrity starving manner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it more than likely Stephen finally setting a bar for Garret than Jerry changing his mind about Garret. Jerry will believe JG is a great head coach until the day he is no longer among us. He's still defending him in the media.
Note how silent Jason is thru all of this.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At some point Jerry will be drinking out of a zippy cup and Stephen will have total control. We will see then whether we hire a GM and let the pro's take over. .
It's the only real hope we have left, other than Jerry letting a real HC come in. :rolleyes:
:popcorn: Stay tuned, sports fans!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Best thing that could happen to this organization is if they let JG go he goes to another team and gets to a SB and maybe even wins it, that would be the only thing that could make this organization take a hard look at themselves and what they are doing and how they are running it. Team needs a new coach..yes but it also is in need of a new GM and has for years/decades

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea I think for the most part when it comes to these types of decisions Stephen has the living will/power of attorney type of authority now.
It’s difficult to say. Jerry jr, VP of Sales Marketing, looks over everything else Cowboys related outside of football operations where the real brilliance of work is being done with the franchise.

It’s going to be interesting if all three siblings will allow one sibling to be the sole face of the Cowboys like their father is.

Would Jerry Jr and Char be in position to make a change at GM if Stephen isn’t successful ? Many other issues could arise and why I wouldn’t assume Stephen will take same role as Daddy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Best thing that could happen to this organization is if they let JG go he goes to another team and gets to a SB and maybe even wins it, that would be the only thing that could make this organization take a hard look at themselves and what they are doing and how they are running it. Team needs a new coach..yes but it also is in need of a new GM and has for years/decades
Totally agree !!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We don't have a GM. Jerry has the title but does none of the work required.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He set the bar for why nepotism is a bad business practice and would have never been hired into the NFL if not for his old man. When he admitted he should have fired himself as the GM, right before that he should have fired his oldest son.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
And now he’s setting bar for parroting same crap