Did the coaching staff ruin Chaz Green?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Green was lazy. There was a lot of talk from the Florida Coaching Staff, prior to the draft, that claimed this. There was talk that all of his injuries were not necessarily things he could not play through, that some of his injuries might be the results of his not training hard enough, just a lot of stuff. I never liked the pick but it's done. The problem here is that we kept him. We continued to count on him and it hurt us pretty dramatically. It is my firm belief that if we had had a decent swing tackle, we would be in the playoffs right now. Lots of things happened along the way but that, to me, was the key failing for us this season.

JMO

Whyjerry

Reaction score
On all of the draft databases and boards I saw before the draft Green was either considered a very late round pick or an I drafted free agent. Greens problem is that he had unrealistic expectations of him based on being vastly over-drafted.

I think they did not help him. Position flex fail. Should have stuck him at a position and let him build confidence. Same thing is happening to Byron Jones. They need to let these guys gravitate to positions that they are best equipped to handle rather than force them to play and have to learn multiple positions. Worst coached team in the league. Period.