Did the Cowboys overpay for Porter?

You responded to me, but not about anything I said. I think Pickens is a top tier WR.
No you said you can't get a top tier player for a lower round pick Unless I was reading somebody else's response or you were being facetious I'll go back and read it but I was just saying that's wrong You can get a top tier corner for a second round pick if you can get a top tier wide receiver for a 3rd round pick I'm just saying yes deals can be made deals are made and sometimes kind of how the Cowboys were in a tough position and only got a 5th round pick for Amari but there were reasons for that But people think we got robbed we didn't sometimes you just have to get rid of a player because of a salary that he doesn't fit and you just get what you can.

If I'm wrong that you said that OK I'll take it back if not then I stand my ground Joey Porter Junior's worth A second for one we get to see a 14 game long job interview but again even if he doesn't workout we flat out let him go and release him we get a 3rd round comp pick this is a low risk deal but yes good players can be had for deals it just doesn't usually happen with the Cowboys but the last couple of seasons the Cowboys have shown they've made some really good deals At least they're fair they're not getting robbed.
 
I don't have a major issue with the value the Cowboys gave up in the trade. I do have concerns about how close the Cowboys are to competing for a championship and if this move puts them into true conention though.
That doesn't bother me that much coz we STILL have our 2027 1st AND 2nd round picks.....
We can still add 2 high-level players next season
 
And then what do we do if we don't have a good edge rusher?
This draft is loaded with OLB. We could easily draft two guys that can put M. Lawrence slow butt on the bench. The problem is R. Gary. I don't think they are ready to part ways with him just yet.
 
That doesn't bother me that much coz we STILL have our 2027 1st AND 2nd round picks.....
We can still add 2 high-level players next season
:hammer: :popcorn: and likely gp is gone for anther 1st or a few 2s. they will be fine..odd whne the rams trade away all there firsts for decade its strategic , if the cowboys do it , its from the dumb Jones' lmao..

That is what our fan base does they will never let Jerry have any credit for anything so they'll pee on all his moves even if it's a good move even if it's a good deal they don't want to admit it they're hoping for failure is what's worse they wanna go watch these games they hope JPJ is gonna have a horrible game today so they could just say see we were right it was a bad trade even though it be his first game with the Cowboys and he's been sitting all offseason waiting for a deal and he's been sitting all offseason waiting for a deal.
 
Then he’ll sit.
He won't sit .........you know better. It's not this; it's just showing up on a radar. It's already part of their potential 1-3 year plan. Lamb and his agent know it as well as Pickens. In fact, I remember reading a quote from Lamb that this could be their final year playing together.
 
That doesn't bother me that much coz we STILL have our 2027 1st AND 2nd round picks.....
We can still add 2 high-level players next season
We will see. Still need to determine if JPJ is a rental or not. I’m not sure the tag is a sure thing in this situation.
 
We will see. Still need to determine if JPJ is a rental or not. I’m not sure the tag is a sure thing in this situation.
I agree 100%.......to be honest, I'm not sure they KNOW as of today. I think a lot will depend on whether or not he is as good a fit for CP system as CP claims.
 
This is def a possibility .........
I'm just saying it's more likely than not that if you are gonna choose between the two Pickens is gone but the likelihood of both of them been gone or are definitely possibility But if JPJ pay plays like he is supposed to play we don't need to see a bunch of interceptions what we need to see is solid consistent play to where the other teams not trying to throw over there i'm not saying total lockdown I'm just saying that he helps take away an option it's gonna help the defense that he might stay.

But I'm looking at it is we're gonna definitely get more draft capital from either one of these guys or both so we're not worried about this and it's a stacked draft the Cowboys need to worry about today's game Fans need to worry about today's game I I'm not even worried about Thursday's game I think it's against the Buccaneers look just stay in the now let's play out the season and we'll worry about the rest of this later..
 
I agree 100%.......to be honest, I'm not sure they KNOW as of today. I think a lot will depend on whether or not he is as good a fit for CP system as CP claims.
Yep. I view it as a high reward/ medium risk type of move. It’ll just be odd if JPJ ends up as an OK player and we don’t really have a clear path for him. The ceiling is certainly there though.
 
Yep. I view it as a high reward/ medium risk type of move. It’ll just be odd if JPJ ends up as an OK player and we don’t really have a clear path for him. The ceiling is certainly there though.
I think there's a good chance we will see the same player he was with the Steelers. Don't expect a lot of interceptions but he can hold his own against some of the best WRs.
 
Both points are just plain stupid.

Overpaid because he isn't top tier is funny:
Top tier return: Sauce Gardner - TWO 1st round picks and Adonai Mitchell
Porter: a second and a 6th
What a moronic comparison to try and make. Those returns are MILES apart

and as far as the comments of bidding against themselves: Lions head coach Dan Campbell conceded Friday that Detroit was “in on” Porter

Clickity Click Click Click bait...:facepalm:
 
I think there's a good chance we will see the same player he was with the Steelers. Don't expect a lot of interceptions but he can hold his own against some of the best WRs.
I mean going all the way back to Richard you know they're DC that we elevated but really they've been looking for a big physical outside corner He's not a tweener with a really long wingspan who's physical and likes to tackle I mean this is the dude and just maybe Revel can learn something from him and he's got the same body but he ain't got the same game but yes I'll take steady consistent over Flash any day I mean it's nice that we saw a bland and digs have all those flashy plays that led to absolutely nothing when we played better teams and especially in the playoffs all that disappeared..
 
For a 14 game rental? Way overpaid. Kneejerk reaction by Jerry.
Could end up being the case, but at least they appear to be a little more serious about getting over the top, even if they aren’t all that great at it.

Let’s see what happens.
 
Hes a top 10 cover corner.

He is not a ball Hawk.

A second in 2028 is the equivalent of a 3rd in 2027 per draft trading charts.

If he isn't extended they likely pick up a 3 for a compensatory pick.

This is stupid.
He has given up 1 touchdown in his entire career.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,078
Messages
14,661,271
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top