Did the Cowboys try to Trade Smith?

blueblood70

Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If it's true, which I have my doubts, it would not surprise me based on how he played last year. But was that because of the scheme or the player? The reason I ask is because every player on the defense regressed last year. Not just Jaylon.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Other teams can see his high tackle stat is a mirage considering he has a low number of impact plays.

John813

Reaction score
"Sources said a number of teams had their pro scouts look review Smith’s tape, but they did not like what they saw, so their organizations declined to pursue him in a trade.”

Lol

Can't tell if that's just a dig at Smiths' comment of "check the tape" or just coincidence.

Yea Jerry tried to trade Jaylon but instead let him change his number to 9....... makes sense

Can owners even deny a player to change their number?

When new players come in and pay off a current squad member for their number I don't think they need approval from the Owner/Gm/whatever Jerry is.

Think the only requirement is that the player has to pay off the jersey "fee" for their old jersey number.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The thread title needs a question mark otherwise it is patently false. The article even goes into detail about why the Cowboy's ability to trade Jaylon was so encumbered by difficulty as a result of his exorbitant contract. Bluntly, it did not happen. The Cowboys never tried to trade Jaylon even if it was desirable to do so.