Did the Cowboys waste a play?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I thought it was an unnecessary play, but I really don't believe that Bledsoe could run that play. It doesn't require a great amount of athleticism from the QB, but I don't think Bledsoe could make it look that smoothly since he seems to have two left feet.

YAKUZA

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
superpunk;1106691 said:
I thought so at the time. I saw it run, and I just thought, "Well....that was completely unnecessary."

I thought it was a stupid time to do that, because it's a very nice play. But honestly, if you execute that play correctly, it can be almost unstoppable, if the D is manning up, because the receiver has all that momentum to the outside. Plus, you can't sell out covering the motion guy, or the middle will be open for the rush. It will probably be used to set up some runs, though.

I was going to post but I after a read this I decided not too...

Wait a minute I just did :confused:

Anyway we share the same wavelength on this one.

I think it can also be said that the TD improved TO's and Romo's confidence.

Stautner

Reaction score
Screw The Hall;1107146 said:
Yes well if you want to go and ruin my entire philosophy by confusing me with the facts then just go ahead and be that way. Let me try again ... he was trying to give Romo something positive to build on ... how am I doing so far?

Hey, yeah - that's a brilliant observation! (How's that?)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;1106730 said:
I absolutely agree with the idea this was not the time to show that play.

We had the game in hand and essentially gave up something on film that could have turned the tides in a contest far more important.

Last seconds against Indy or Carolina and we are on their goal line. They have stuffed us three times, and we are now going to need something almost fool-proof to win the game.

Think they will review this on film and at least discuss this as we call our last time out?

I thought that was poor coaching to pull that out at the most meaningless time of the schedule.

But there are some Romo fans who sleep better because of it.

If that's our ace in the hole, we have some serious problems with our offense.